“fairly good”

Ranked #37 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Brazil
“fairly good”
Reviewed 15 February 2010

This hotel is very well located. You can go for all good nearby atractions, like Disney World, Universal Studios and go shopping.

There is a parking lot. They don´t have a incredible staff.

My oppinion is that they could wash the bathroom with a disinfectant . I took some fungus on my foot when I was taking shower.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (532)
sheffield
Reviewed 12 February 2010

My husband and I with two friends have just returned from Orlando, we were on a cruise and stay.
We first stayed at the Ramada for three nights then took a Caribean cruise and returned to the hotel fo a further four nights.
Following reading some of the comments on trip adviser I was concerned to say the least but have always tried to follow the positive comments rather than the negative.
Remember this is a three star hotel. The room that we had was large bright clean and comfortable. It had two large beds ample storage, mirrors and table and chairs. There was a small kitchen area that had a sink, microwave, fridge, coffee maker, bottle opener, Iron, ironing board and cupboards. The bathroom was clean and bright and with a bath and overhead shower , there was a good supply of lovely clean white bath and hand towels plus least four face cloths towels every day. The water was hot and the air con worked well.
Check in was efficiet and most helpful, I asked if we could have two top floor rooms in the tower area as they were reccomended on trip adviser. We were promptly changed at no extra charge, the rooms were on the front with views of Disney.
The pool area was pleasant with clean towels available all day, we did not try the pool but spent time sunbathing round it in comfort.
The reception staff were all really pleasant and helpful without exeption. Safety deposit boxes are in the reception area and are free
The only downside for us was the bar was mostly open open from 5.30PM to 10pm. We would have welcomed a lunch time drink and again at bedtime. I must stress the bartender Chris was first class and more than helpful with local advice.
The consiege desk was always open and I believe staffed by Westgate the time share company, unfortunatly the staff on there did not offer the the same level of service as the hotel reception staff. We asked for a taxi one night and was told that they were only allowed to ring one company, after 45 mins we gave up and walked instead. ( the two on the desk were busy playing computer games) We did agree to visit the timeshare site which we were not over impressed with and had to listen to really loud music while the salesman tried to talk to us. It was not a hard sell and when we told them we were not interested they were polite.
These negative points in no way spoiled our enjoyment, When I had a couple of minor problems they were dealt with immediatly by the reception with good grace.
For a three star I think this hotel does well and I congratulate them on their efforts I feel that the Ramada has had some prety unfair feed back.
If you want 5 star the pay for it if not this hotel in our opinion is very good value

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SheffieldBrenda
uk
Reviewed 19 January 2010

Wasn't expecting much because we hadn't paid much but, staff can't be bothered to do there jobs to the point of being rude. I went to Florida a few years ago and loved the friendliness of everyone, non of that here ! they seem totally inconvienced at having to be there. Rooms ok but not that clean. Location is ok but there are better locations for the same price. They have a hotel that sells timeshares, we went on the promise of free tickets to a dinner show, which we got but when we said we didn't want to actually buy a timeshare they turned quite unpleasant. The bar only opened if they had staff !

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

laurel
Reviewed 6 January 2010

My husband and I stayed at this motel with our two kids, mom, and cousin. The place was okay for the price that we paid. The bathroom could of been cleaner. The water coming from the sink faucet and bath tub spout had a weird smell. I'm not sure why that was. Also, the walls are very thin. I could hear our neighbors every morning and people walking outside our motel room. So, if you are a light sleeper, don't stay here or get ear muffs. There was no wireless internet access in your room. You had to walk all the way down to the lobby to get access (which was a separate building from the lobby). We only ate at the restaurant in the lobby once which was for breakfast. The breakfast was cheap but you could pay close to the same price down the road at Ponderosa or Sizzler which would have been better. I don't know how anyone could mess up breakfast. Put it to you this way...everyone in my party had an upset stomach after that breakfast. The only positive thing about staying here was that it was very close to Disneyworld. However, I don't think we would be staying here again. I would rather pay more for a nicer place to stay.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
DeSoto, Texas
Reviewed 3 January 2010

Booked our reservation in advance (and prepaid) while I was in line to check-in a concierge person had the guest list and asked each of us in line our names (as if he were going to assist in the check-in process) but was trying to get us to look @Time Share's he was persistant even though I declined, I explained that I was in town for my child's soccer tournament @ The Disney Sports Complex and would have no time for tours of time shares and he eventually relented. The room was clean upon our arrival because it smelled of Clorox as soon as we opened the door. I requested a room in the Tower (which we received after I reminded them and presented a copy of my original e-mail) the rooms could definately use an update, there was rust around the doors & walls in the bathroom, the wallpaper was peeling in all parts of the room, the headboards were falling off & the drawers were unstable and eventually fell out when we tried to get them back on track. There were a couple of drawers that we just couldn't use. We had a view overlooking the roof so I can't speak on the view, the pool area was nice, the barbecue was good in the restaurant but we didn't try the breakfast buffet as there are other inexpensive options in the area. The staff was very nice I only encountered one person on the staff that was rude and I believe I interrupted their changing of shifts with a question that they didn't want to answer because they were trying to get out of there. I traveled all ocver the world but like to feel comfortable in my hotel room and unfortunately this time I didn't, I'm going to look for other options when visting next time I like my hotel to be a little more updated. I appreciated the refrigerator, coffee maker, cabinet space, & microwave in the room and the maid was extremely nice.

1 Thank SuBaGo22
Tampa Florida
Reviewed 15 December 2009

My husband and I stayed two nights for an anniversary getaway and we had a wonderful time. The room was beautiful with a gorgeous view and most importanly it was CLEAN! The employees were kind and courteous and the buffet downstairs was excellent. We were very close to all area attractions making it easy to plan our days and maximize our time there. We would totally recommend this hotel to friends and family...you won't be sorry!

1 Thank jverge30
Scotland
Reviewed 13 December 2009

We stayed in the hotel at the tart of December 2009 for 10 nights. The location is good for the parks, and has easy access to the I4 highway for trips further afield. We emailed ahead to ask for a tower room which we had been allocated, and would advise others to do the same. It was busy over the weekend and seemed pretty quiet during the week. Reception staff were ok. Concierge staff a bit more friendly. Cleaning not very thorough but there were clean towels and hoovering every day. We didn't eat in the restaurant in the hotel, but do try to avoid the buffet places along the 192 as the food is pretty poor quality. Go to the area called restaurant row on Sand Lake Road (about 10 mins in the car) for much better quality food for the same price.

2 Thank cazzafe