“What a fun family night!” 4 of 5 bubbles

US$59.99*
and up
Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament in Orlando
More attraction details
Owner description: Surrender to an age of bravery and honor and witness epic battles of steel and steed during our ALL-NEW SHOW. From ringside seats, discover a feast of the eyes and appetite with more action, more fun & more excitement than ever before. As you thrill to a rousing live jousting tournament, marvel at awe-inspiring horsemanship and falconry, Medieval Times serves a four-course meal fit for royalty. Hang on to your helmet. The show is about to begin.
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“What a fun family night!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

Everyone enjoyed the dinner and show very much - we had older kids and grandparents in our group. The food was better than I expected and portion was generous. Very entertaining and we loved the audience participation. Don't go too early, or you'll just be standing around waiting to be seated with not much to do or see.

Visited November 2013
2 Thank Minh-Tam N

• Hebrew first
Kissimmee, Florida
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Been here 3 times over a 25 year period”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

The theme - jousting knights on horseback in a medieval castle while you dine - is unique entertainment. It's fun to watch the actors because they really get into their roles. The King, who sits high overlooking the jousting rink, makes pompous pronouncements from the throne in a fake British accent. They have a falconer who releases a falcon to fly over the audience's head - that's cool. The food they serve is pretty pedestrian - baked chicken & ribs, a piece of bread, a small salad, a potato; and you get just enough so that you're not hungry on the drive home. The price is pretty steep. I've always gone on my birthday or my wife's birthday, when the give you a free meal. (It has been a couple years since I last went, so people reading this review might want to double check if getting a free meal on your birthday is still their policy.) There's a medieval village you can walk around before the show starts to kill time if you get there early. It looks like the authentic stuff I've seen in England & Scotland.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Morris T
California
168 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 626 helpful votes
“Don't go too early!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

We have been to this same show several times, both here and in California. It’s always enjoyable! Personally, I think it’s worth it to pay extra for the better seats. It’s fun to hear the horses breath as they pass, and see all the action up close.

Before the show, it always seems to be one of those “hurry up and wait” situations. In general, I tend to be on-time or early to things. So, I typically get to an event like this slightly before the time they said to be there. The problem is, they tell you to be there LONG before you actually need to be there. Invariably, we end up waiting outside just to get inside the building. Then we wait around inside the building for a very long time before getting seated for the show.

I believe they try to get everyone there super early for two reasons. This is partly so people who tend to be late will actually get there in time for the show, but primarily I think it’s so you will spend money on cocktails and souvenirs in the lobby before the show. Also, there aren’t enough seats in the lobby for all the waiting people. This is undoubtedly because they want you to be wandering around so you are more likely to buy something.

In any case, we always end up waiting inside for a painfully long time, usually sitting on the floor or some other uncomfortable spot. My recommendation is to come a little after the time they tell you to be there. This will shorten your wait time inside. Or if you do go early, send someone in your party to find some seats in the lobby as soon as you get inside. They can hold the seats while you get drinks or whatever.

One other thought: Your drink cups during the show are sometimes nice plastic souvenir cups. Don’t forget to take those with you when you get up to leave. They are nice to have around the house at home because they are sturdy and big.

Visited January 2013
4 Thank Jim_and_Barbie
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Overall Good time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

We brought four children ages 2-14 and every single one, had a great time. All of the adults say they had a blast as well! Plenty of food to eat, so no one left hungry. The food was simple, well flavored and the perfect temperature. The bar drinks were good, decently priced, and we even got souvenir cups. The wait staff was attentive and nice. I did not hear a single complaint from our group. I would definitely recommend going at least once. We loved cheering for our knight! The knights even threw flowers to the fair maidens. Everyone loved the sparks flying from the swords. The boys even had to get his autograph at the end. Overall good time, not disappointed!!

Visited November 2013
2 Thank Melissa S
Zephyrhills, Florida
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“A Knight to Remember”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

I went in to this evening expecting an over-priced, cheesy Orlando tourist trap. While it was not a cheap evening, it was very enjoyable. The whole experience was fun for our group, which consisted of a preteen, teenager, young adults and a couple more "mature" adults. The Medieval Village was interesting. The food was delicious (eaten with your hands added to the "authenticity".) The show was very well done and kept us all engaged rooting for "our Knight". The horses were beautiful and looked very well cared for. The falcon was amazing. Every one of us came out saying what a great time it was! While I certainly can't afford to visit on a regular basis, I would definitely recommend Medieval Times for a special evening out or as an alternative to some of the more "common" Orlando spots for tourists.

Visited October 2013