“Great vacation option. Good extended stay option”

Studio 6 Orlando - Kissimmee
Ranked #71 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 13 April 2013

The staff is amazing. The rooms are clean with all you need in them. The grounds are well kept. Throw in some flat screen TVs and decent and reliable wifi and this place would be aces!!!!!!! But still a very nice option for vacation or an extended stay! Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: April 2013
3  Thank Gus-On-Tilt

Reviewed 26 February 2013

I'll go with the common term, you get what you pay for. Stayed here for Universal Studios trip in which we weren't in the hotel much, so it was ok for that. I guess the goods are that room was decent and liked having a kitchenette and such. And the guy at the front desk was super nice. I hate to say bads, but you have to let people know--The location was a so-so. It wasn't bad on distance to the theme parks, or even a bad location in general, just in a back lot so it seemed as if it could have been shady. As with all 6's the walls are a bit thin, but we just kinda joked about that, still not a big deal for the good price. The smell is what was bad, like cat pee. In retrospect, beyond just staying 2 nights, we should have just asked to see another room, but instead just got a lot of odor elimination products. The beds were pretty comfortable too. I may stay here again for a good price but I would definitely ask to look/ go in the rooms this time before finalizing my stay.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Tiffany W
Reviewed 31 January 2013

Spent 8 days there. It was a studio suite meaning it had a tiny kitchen with refrigerator, range, microwave, a few dishes and a sink. It was about what you'd expect from a Motel 6: reasonably clean with a minimum of amenities. Had a little trouble with the kitchen light, otherwise stuff worked. It has a great location in the middle of Orlando area attractions, but in a quiet setting. Limited office hours if you need help, but good staff while they are there.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Alan P
Reviewed 27 December 2012

we love this place. very good motel to stay in right outside of disney has everything you need right there in the room. we stay there everytime we go to flordia. right across from old town and about 5 miles from disney and about 15 miles from seawold. the people in the offic is realy nice t

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank vantermite
Reviewed 8 November 2012

if u r going to disney this is a great place to stay, way affordable n 10 min from park so when u get drenched on water rides u can run and change lol housekeeping was good on keeping us stocked. we stayed 3 yrs ago had same rooms and service so was impressed that hadnt changed all spoke good english and the best part is they still allow smoking and pets business people smoke too and its no worse then the strong chemicals they use to clean. and NO bugs in 5 days.thanks

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank ksugarcrisp
Reviewed 30 September 2012

It is almost entertaining to read some of the latest negative reviews. This is Studio 6 first of all not Motel 6 which is next door. This Studio 6 is run by an American Girl Debbie who runs a tight ship. One of the negatives reviews was written by someone who wrote up many reviews and none of the places he/she stayed at were given positive reviews. Remember this if you intentionally break the rules you might find yourself looking for another place to stay. I think some of the negatives here came from such people.
I have stayed several winters at Studio 6 and I found the Management and staff to be very friendly and always went out of the way to make our stay more enjoyable. I guess the people who wrote the negatives have been accustomed to 5 Star Resorts and found this place not up to their standards. I am being sarcastic.
If you want a clean, safe and low priced place to stay this STUDIO 6, remember this is not Motel 6, is a good place to stay. Lot of times people stay at Motel 6 and write up Studio 6. They are close to each other.
The fact that I had to go get new towels daily is not such a challenge. I did not have to pay for them so what is the big deal. This is one of the reasons why the rates are so low here. If you find a bug in your room have someone come take care of the problem this is Florida remember so keep your doors closed if possible. So in summary if you’re looking for a place to stay for a long period of time that is close to Disney this is the place to stay. The pool is clean and heated, you have to go to the office to get FREE pool towels, and there are lots of places close by to eat. Do not pay too much attention to the negatives consider the positives. I do not work for Studio 6 I am from Canada and I am also retired Military and I have traveled a lot in my time. I have never run into a problem caused by neglect from the cleaning staff or Management that was not fixed when reported. Debbie the manager does take a personal interest in the welfare of her guest. If you think I take the time to write this for her you are mistaken I take the time to write this so YOU can save yourself money and stay at a safe clean location close to Disney without breaking the bank. There is nothing in this for me except knowing that GOOD REVIEWS can outweigh the couple of undeserving NEGATIVES. I would suggest that others who have stayed here and enjoyed their stay and liked the idea they did not spend too much to write about their stay. Anyway cheers from Canada and thank goodness there is a place run by an American Girl still available. It is a good idea always when traveling to check out your room before you pay for it. This way if there is something that has been overlooked you can have it fixed then and there BEFORE it becomes YOUR ROOM.

Room Tip: Close to the pool and away from Motel 6 Parking Lot. This way you do not get the noise of Tractor T...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
9  Thank RexTucker
Reviewed 22 September 2012

First night we stayed pull out bed was full of French fries. Matteress stained and so was the pack and play. We said something the next morning, the associate who told us there were no rooms left so we were unable to move rooms. The next morning we found 2 live cockroaches in the room. They were very rude and told us they would only refund us the upcoming night if we chose to go elsewhere. They assured us it was no big deal and could move us to another room that would not have bugs. After moving to the new room, we went swimming and when we went to change, we found another roach alive in the bathroom. The staff was very rude and accessed me of bringing the bugs in my bags to the hotel! I was very offended! STAY AWAY!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2012