“So glad we picked Thompson Aire”
Review of Thompson Aire

Thompson Aire
More attraction details
Owner description: This is one of those DO NOT MISS attractions. 7 days a week at sunrise Thompson Aire offers Hot Air Balloon flights in the Disney world area. A three to four hour adventure that will have you talking about it the rest of your life. Float effortlessly over the tree tops and see the real Florida from literally a birds eye view! See areas of swamps and forest untouched by human hands. Wildlife is everywhere and photo opportunities are endless. Flight program is offered each morning at sunrise and includes a pre-flight briefing with the pilot, a one hour flight, Champagne ceremony, full buffet breakfast and first flight certificate. Reservations are required. Book online. Reduced rates for ages 10 to 15 and children 9 and under are FREE with a full paid adult.
Reviewed 27 July 2011

The day started off very early. Jeff picked us up from our hotel and took us to their meeting spot where we met up with all the other captains and all the other people taking their flights. We met our Captain Doug and jumped into the van to drive to the launch site. It was very hands on with everyone being able to participate in helping set up the balloon ready for the flight. There were 5 of us in total in the basket and we slowly floated off the ground. The feeling was amazing, a feeling of weightlessness and the views were SPECTACULAR! The flight lasted an hour floating over some beutiful forrests and also residential areas. We came to a bumpy landing and after packing up the balloons had a champagne toast and headed back to the meeting hotel to enjoy a lovely buffet breakfast. Jeff dropped us back to our hotel and we were back by 10am.

All reviews
"bucket list"
in 11 reviews
"an amazing experience"
in 10 reviews
"picked up from our hotel"
"launch area"
"jokes"
"company"
in 18 reviews

Reviewed 27 June 2011

No matter any hesitations you may have - until you actually take flight, you can't put it into words. Absolutely a MUST DO. Capt Jeff is A+

1  Thank single60
Reviewed 12 June 2011

This was our third flight with Capt. Jeff and crew. As always, a great time. Equipment is well cared for, crew well trained and informative. Early morning adventure. Nothing better than floating above Disney (we lucked out with wind patterns)....

3  Thank bluefinz1
Reviewed 29 April 2011

We recently had the absolute pleasure of flying with Thompson Aire with our 3 year old son. He has been fascinated with hot air balloons ever since he first saw pictures of the time my husband and I flew in one about 6 years ago. After watching many YouTube clips on hot air ballooning with him, we told Santa that a trip in the real thing would make his (and his parents'!) day.
We thought we knew what to expect, having flown with an Orlando-area competitor once before. We could not have been more wrong. For one thing, the customer service I experienced each time I contacted Thompson Aire was top-notch. All of my questions were answered, I never felt rushed off the phone, and I could tell just how knowledgeable and professional the staff was through our brief pre-flight telephone conversations. Once we met everyone at 6 am the morning of our flight (and they ARE punctual!), we were happy to receive the same level of customer service in person. Not only was our pre-flight briefing informative...it also showed me how seriously they take their jobs. These pilots are top in their industry. They have the art of hot air ballooning down to a very exact science. In addition to being extremely professional and knowledgeable, every staff member appeared genuinely happy to be at work! (Jeff, our pilot, enjoyed our flight as much as we did...and that was neat to see, given how many years he's been doing this!)
Once we got to our launch site, that's where I really began to notice a difference between this flight and our last one. Last time, I will admit, I chose a more budget-friendly option. But I will tell you that you absolutely get what you pay for. I would say it was no more than 15 minutes before Jeff had us up in the air. (Last time, it was closer to 45 minutes.) We also had lots of room in our basket...not to mention seats to sit on! (as opposed to our previous flight, when we were crammed in, 9 to the same size basket.) I still say there's really no such thing as a 'bad' hot air balloon ride, but it was nice to land gracefully this time, as opposed to spilling out with 4 adults landing on top of me, as happened on the "budget" flight.
The whole experience was amazing. We have since recommended Thompson Aire to 3 sets of friends who plan to fly as soon as possible. We would not use anyone else, now that we've experienced the best. We recommend that you don't, either. Thank you, to everyone at Thompson Aire, for a memory we will cherish forever.

3  Thank meandmy2boys
See more reviews
Reviewed 10 November 2010

Tere Laakso
Orlando Florida USA
I would do it again tomorrow..
10/24/2010

What an amazing experience. I will do it again. The crew is personable, humorous and very professional. Everything is just as they said. You feel no motion at all. It’s as if someone is moving the ground beneath you. I loved the personal attention they give you and chose Thompson Aire over the competitors due to the size of the baskets. I didn’t want to feel like cattle being herded into a large basket with 16 strangers. Setup is quick and before you know it, they tell you to get in. Then you’re off the ground and floating up. Its amazing how with no physical steering apparatus that they are able to successfully get to where they want to go. It is an excellent way to see the beautiful sunrise on a gorgeous Sunday morning.