“A great experience for pilots and non pilots who love P51's”
Review of Stallion 51

Stallion 51
More attraction details
Owner description: Fly an Authentic WWII Mustang. Stallion 51 offers the rare opportunity to experience the legendary P-51 Mustang and the historic T-6 Texan in flight as well as the Introduction to UAT flights at the controls of the L-39 Turbo Jet. Orientation and Introductory flights are with experienced instructors who allow you to take the controls in dual-cockpit, dual-control authentic vintage aircraft. Hands-on orientation flights include pre and post flight briefing, video recording of your flight, photo and flight training certificate. Stallion 51 has been a leader in WWII and Vintage aviation for over 25 years; keeping aviation history exciting, available and safe for everyone. Visitors are always welcome to tour Stallion 51's facilities.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
seattle
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“A great experience for pilots and non pilots who love P51's”
Reviewed 27 March 2012

This was my second flight with Stallion51 flying Crazy Horse one of their TF-51 dual cockpit 51's. It is a great priviledge to have the chance to fly a P51, and it gave me a greater apprecitation for those that took this airplane into battle.
Having been in aviation for my whole career I can say that Stallion51 is a first class operation. It is obvious that they take great care of their aircraft and customers. The experience is tailored to what you'd like to do in the air, from mild to aerobatics. The two gentleman I flew with where both excellent and made the experience that much better.
I can't wait to go back and fly again.

Visited March 2012
2 Thank Tillyseattle
MustangOps, Public Relations Manager at Stallion 51, responded to this review, 1 April 2012
Tillyseattle; We are so glad you returned for another Mustang flight with Stallion 51. It is the ultimate compliment to us that you not only enjoyed your first flight with us but enjoyed it so much you came back for another hands-on flight in the P-51 with Stallion 51. How extraordinary that you experienced a formation flight with other Mustangs....what a treat. We look forward to your return and helping you make more Mustang memories. KT Budde-Jones

Kemptville, Canada
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Boy becomes a man becomes a boy”
Reviewed 16 March 2012

When I was a little boy I played with toy airplanes, maybe in part because my dad flew during the second world war. Later, as a young adult, I built models and hung them in my bedroom. Time went by as it must and the toys went but the dreams never did;
someday I will fly in a P51 Mustang. Then along came Stallion 51. Not only did the dream come true, it was better than I could have imagined . I did not fly in a P-51 I flew a P-51. The experience from begining to end could not have been more professional, safe and just plain - smile on your face like a big kid - fun. On landing my wife was there to greet me and she said she could see a little boy in the man she married almost 30 years ago. Don't know what else to say, except humbly,... thank you all.

Visited April 2011
3 Thank Happy_Guy_Ottawa
MustangOps, Public Relations Manager at Stallion 51, responded to this review, 19 March 2012
Big Boys just have bigger toys and bigger dreams. We are so glad that we could fulfill your childhood dreams of flying in a P-51 Mustang at Stallion 51. It is great to know that we can met and exceed expectations by not only providing a means of flying in a Mustang but also letting you take the controls of our P-51 Crazy Horse and flying her yourself. Glad we could connect with your inner boy. Please come back and see us again. KT Budde-Jones
Mammoth Spring, Arkansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Crossed off the top item on my 'Bucket List'”
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Stallion 51 has it nailed down! I just can't commend the entire staff highly enough. Everyone made me feel welcome and were very professional. When I first saw "Crazy Horse" at an air show and learned that flights were available for non-pilots, I made up my mind I would fly that beautiful aircraft some day. I flew with Steve "Mad Dog" Larmore on February 1, 2012 and I have to say the actual event far exceeded my expectations. What a thrill to fly this iconic WWII aircraft with a great instructor pilot like Steve. If you're an aviation enthusiast, you just have to visit Kissimmee and fly the Mustang.

2 Thank Vernon W
MustangOps, Public Relations Manager at Stallion 51, responded to this review, 2 March 2012
Vernon, We are pleased to have been on the top of your Bucket List. Stallion 51 is celebrating 25 years of making Mustang memories and fulfilling flying dreams this year. We are glad that we could do that for you. Hope to see you at one of the airshows that Crazy Horse 2 or The Little Witch are performing at with Lee Lauderback. Thanks for sharing the P-51 Mustang with us. KT Budde-Jones
Evans, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“WOW, what a training flight in the TF-51, Crasy Horse II !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Stallion 51 made it easy to get any info I needed to set up a reservation to fly the TF-51. Once I did than Julia sent me info for directions, hotels and restaurants near by. When I arrived for my flight, I was impressed with their facility. All the staff welcomed me and made me feel at home. I met the pilot John 'Homer' Black. We had a breifing, aircraft walk around and than got me in a flight suit and helmet and away we went. I flew the aircraft almost all the time after take-off and up to landing. Homer is a great flight instructor and will keep up on your toes. I had never flown a high performance aircraft like the P-51 so it took some getting use to, but still had a ball. This was something I had always wanted to do and I very glad Stallion 51 provides a way for me and others to do it.

2 Thank Joseph A
MustangOps, Public Relations Manager at Stallion 51, responded to this review, 22 February 2012
Joseph, WOW, is right, thanks for the great feed back on your flight in the Mustang with Stallion 51. It is great to know that we fulfilled your expectations from "call-up to shut down". We know that for many, a flight in the Mustang is a once in a lifetime BUCKET LIST experience and we want to make sure that we live up to and exceed your expectations. Thanks for letting us know we did. KT Budde-Jones
Chicago, Illinois, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Unbelieveable experience”
Reviewed 17 February 2012

What a great opportunity to enjoy an iconic symbol of American history. The pilot, John "Homer" Black was very professional and a GREAT pilot. The one hour flight can only be described as awesome.
Thanks to Lee Lauderback and the entire crew at Stallion 51 for maintaining these beautiful aircraft and providing the opportunity for the rest of us to be able to experience the thrill of Mustang flight.

2 Thank Jim M
Jim, Stallion 51 enjoyed sharing the Mustang with you and are so pleased that you had an "awesome" flight with Homer on Valentine's Day We are celebrating our 25th anniversary this year and are thrilled that we have fulfilled thousands of Mustang dreams. KT Budde-Jones