“Excellent layout but poor condition. Toilets filthy” 1 of 5 bubbles

Oaks National Golf Club
Horsham, West Sussex
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Excellent layout but poor condition. Toilets filthy”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

This course has obviously been neglected but the layout is challenging and we enjoyed our first visit despite the bumpy fairways and greens. On our second visit the cart ran out of juice after 13 holes and had to be kept on the cart track and pushed up hills. The battery compartment didn't look like much maintenance was being carried out. To crown it all, when we returned to the clubhouse the ladies' toilets were filthy (mens' only slightly better). When my wife complained they didn't seem very bothered. A shame, because with the right care and management this could be a very enjoyable venue. Until that time I suggest you stay away.

Norfolk
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Cheap course in average condition.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

We needed to book a cheap course at short notice and this was the only one in the Orlando area that was available at $35 for a 9am tee time. I was a little apprehensive after reading some of the reviews but was pleasantly surprised. There seemed to be plenty of staff on hand when we arrived and after we had finished, the drinks buggy came round twice whilst we were playing. We had no problems with the carts and saw no weeds in any bunkers (and I ended up in most of them). The course is not in fantastic shape, the greens are slow and the bunkers are compacted, but was perfectly playable and I felt that we got good value. If you are a low handicapper this may not be your first choice but for a high-handicapper like myself it was enjoyable.

1 Thank J_McCNorfolk
Lockport, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Possibly the worst value ever.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

Let me start by saying I have played over 500 courses in my life and this might possibly be the worst I have ever played. On top of utter little upkeep, they had the audacity to charge $50 a round. There were large patches of weeds in the sand traps, greens were brutal and the tee boxes are overgrown. They take advantage of people during the winter months by getting them once. As they say, "fool me once........". They got my $50, but never again.

1 Thank Stazuuu
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Probably the worst course I have ever played!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

Having arrived and struggled to find anyone to pay or get a golf cart from, we should have realised that we were not going to enjoy the course. There is no management presence, the course is in very bad shape with fairways that have either gone to seed or are totally bald in places, greens that have loads of badly repaired, or not repaired pitch marks that make putting difficult and bunkers and approaches to greens like concrete. The course layout is very challenging and on some holes there are some huge carries, but that in itself is not a problem if the state of the course was good. The tee boxes were mainly all sand and most of them not even level, which made teeing off without having the ball either above or below your feet extremely difficult. There were no refreshments until after 11am and when the beverage cart came round she had practically nothing to sell us.

All in all I would rate this as the worst course I have ever played and we have played many fantastic courses in both the Orlando area and in the Phoenix area and never come across anything like this.

I think the worst thing was that we paid $35 each to play it when we had only paid $30 each to play Royal St Cloud, which was a great course in fantastic shape. I think that Kissimmee Oaks needs a complete overhaul and new management and would certainly recommend that no-one be tempted by the low rates as you will certainly be disappointed.

2 Thank Linda G
London, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Friendly but limited”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

Quite low priced and good layout but generally poor condition. We were happy to play there at the price, our group being 2 ladies/2 gents, 3 being quite high handicappers. Some of the higher priced alternatives not necessary for our needs. Slow greens, bunkers just compacted hard sand. Definitely a place that has seen better days but at least you can get round it in a reasonable time. Use it as practice and play winter rules and you'll be ok