The exhibit is really interesting and fun for the kids. There's an area where they have ice slides for kids & adults. It's 8 or 9 degrees inside and it's COLD. They do supply long parkas for everyone but I'd recommend bringing your own gloves & hat. I don't really think it's worth the $30 admission price ($25 FL resident). You are in there for maybe 20 - 30 minutes. You can stay as long as you want but it's too cold to be in there for any longer.
I really think they have missed the boat on this one. About halfway through they should put in a waiting room and sell small size coffee & hot cocoa. Instead you have to go all they way to the end and finish the exhibit before getting into the gift shop & coffee shop area.
Also be prepared to spend $18 to park. Yeah, I said $18. Now if you venture around the hotel and have your parking pass you can get it validated at one of the restaurants as long as you spend $25+.
I had a good time with the kids but for 3 kids & 3 adults, 30 minutes, it wasn't really worth it and not something you would do every year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just minutes from Central Florida's world-famous theme parks, including Walt Disney World, Universal Orlando and Sea World, the 1,416-room Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center is the ideal destination for leisure and business travelers alike. This spectacular resort in Kissimmee, Florida features 4.5 acres of beautifully manicured gardens and themed environments beneath a signature glass-covered atrium. On-site leisure and recreation opportunities abound with the Cypress Springs Water Park, featuring a double FlowRider and drop slide in addition to a multi-level treehouse water playground; the adults-only South Beach Pool; Forbes Travel Guide's Four Star Relache Spa & Salon; Wreckers Sports Bar, featuring a two-story sports screen; and a 24 hour fitness center. And with eight restaurants and lounges ranging from fine dining at Old Hickory Steakhouse to casual poolside fare at SandBar, Gaylord Palms offers something for every appetite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord Palms Hotel Kissimmee
- Gaylord Resort
- Gaylord Palms Resort Orlando
- Gaylord Palms Orlando
- Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center Kissimmee, Florida