“Great Stay for Conference”

Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center
Ranked #18 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great Stay for Conference”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I stayed at the Gaylord Palms for a conference in early March. I was very pleased. The staff was uniformly pleasant and willing to help, the room was comfortable and well-appointed, the public areas are attractive, and the atrium was just beautiful. Because I was there for business I did not leave the resort during my stay, so the atrium was much appreciated. The food at Villa de Flora was good, above average for a buffet, and the room service was outstanding...the food was always hot, which is not always the case with room service. Of course, the food was pricey but that is to be expected at a place that caters to the business traveler. I did not have a room facing on the atrium, and that was actually an advantage because I suspect they are noisy; my room was nice and quiet. Also, it takes a little practice to get around the hotel/convention center. The signage could be a little better, and even the staff had trouble directing me from time to time. All in all this was a terrific stay and I would happily return for either business or pleasure.

Room Tip: If quiet is a priority, do not choose a room over the atrium; if a little noise is ok the view from...
1 Thank samsmom1127
GaylordPalms, Public Relations Manager at Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Thank you very much for taking time from your busy schedule to write a review of our property. We are very pleased that you enjoyed Villa De Flora and our property amenities. We hope to welcome you back in the future for more of a getaway rather than having to work the majority of your stay.

Jennifer Williams
Guest Experience Guru

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,325)
  • Polish first
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 March 2014

The hotel is huge with a enormous glass roof in the center so that you feel like a bird on a cage. The benefits are obvious: sunny or rainy you are protected. Well, not exactly like that as there were some leakages on the roof but they were fixing, nothing unusual for Florida. Lots of souvenirs and groceries stores and some restaurants. Internet unstable around the conference areas and lots of noisy from service carts in front of conference rooms.

• Stayed March 2014
GaylordPalms, Guest Relations Manager at Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Thank you very much for taking time from your schedule to write a review of our property. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and our property amenities. We hope to welcome you back in the near future! Steven Tubbs -Guest Service Guru-
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 8 March 2014

We stayed three nights at the Gaylord Palms while attending a conference.

I would give the hotel a higher rating, but due to the runaround I received, I am giving it a poor rating.

We booked the AAA rate that included two free breakfasts each day. The first day my wife tried to use the free breakfast, she was given the runaround from the waiter Villa de Flora about not having a card showing that she was to receive the free breakfast. We were not given a card when we checked in. She went ahead and paid with her personal credit card.

I went to the front desk to try and straighten things out later in the day and was told that there were no longer cards given for the free breakfast and hadn't been for a while now. The hotel said that they would credit to the personal card the breakfast that was charged.

I received a bill when I checked out and then two days later, another charge was placed on my corporate card for additional charges and the credit for the breakfast was credited to my corporate card verus the personal card. I was not sent a copy of this bill and I am having to jump through hoops to try and get a copy so that I can complete an expense report. If only the waiter at the restaurant had taken a moment to check and see if my wife was eligible for the free breakfast, there would have been no hassle.

So my advice, do not book the AAA with free breakfast rate or anything other than the standard room rate unless you want to deal with hassles.

Otherwise the hotel is nice and the rooms are roomy and well furnished.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
We sincerely appreciate the time you took to comment on your recent stay. We strive to ensure each customer has a flawless guest experience and we’re very sorry we did not provide this for you. Please be assured that your comments are not taken lightly and they be reviewed with the appropriate personnel. Again, thank you for your feedback which allows us to continually improve. Steven Tubbs -Guest Service Guru-
Sharon, MA
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Gaylord Palms for a conference and was overall impressed with the cleanliness, friendly staff, catering quality, and comfort.

The good:
- beds were very comfortable
- bathroom was very clean and appeared (along with the rest of the room) to have been recently redone
- meeting catering was really quite good
- lots of nice outdoor seating outside convention spaces
- shuttle to Disney was very convenient (especially leaving the hotel)
- proximity to Disney
- friendly catering staff
- This is a large hotel, but I kind of liked this as it provided built in exercise getting from my room to my meetings
- wi-fi worked great for me

The not-so-good:
- I found the one meal I had at one of the restaurants (Sunset Sam's) to be mediocre at best especially given the price.
- I noticed that one of the rooms next to mine had left a room service tray out to be picked up and it didn't get picked up for more than 24 hours

This was a very comfortable stay for a business trip. I didn't really get a chance to hang out at the pool but it seemed like everyone was having a great time there. I would definitely consider staying here again for a family trip to Disney.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank roadtrip38
Thank you for your kind words! We know you have many options when booking your accommodations in Central Florida, which is why we sincerely appreciate you choosing Gaylord Palms. We’re thrilled you were able to enjoy your stay with us and the vast options of amenities our property has to offer! We look forward to welcoming you back! Steven Tubbs -Guest Service Guru-
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I stayed at the Gaylord for 4 nights for a conference. I had a very spacious room, overlooking the atrium. That made the room a bit noisy, but thankfully entertainment usually stopped around 9 PM. The atrium was landscaped to have representative items of Florida: caymans. miniature Fort San Marco etc.

The conference food was excellent and the staff very helpful. I did not try the bar, which was too busy when we came back from Epcot one night.

The fitness center has a great assortment of equipment. I was disappointed the place did not have a running trail: outdoor running is a one mile exploration of the parking lot: the hotel is surrounded by very busy highways. Too dangerous in the dark.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank claude_monnier
GaylordPalms, Public Relations Manager at Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center, responded to this review, 8 March 2014
Thank you very much for taking time from your busy schedule to write this review of our property. We are very pleased that you were able to enjoy all of the landscaping in our Florida themed atrium from your balcony. Even though we do not have an outdoor running trail, we are glad that you were able to utilize the indoor fitness facility. We hope to welcome you back in the future for another wonderful experience.

Jennifer Williams
Charlottesville, VA
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I stayed here for a conference and really enjoyed it. Tons of amenities, great pool, (so glad they had the adult pool!) nice staff, well laid-out convention center. The catering for the conference events was probably the best I have ever had at any conference. The gym was also the best hotel gym I have ever been to!

I would not have stayed here for anything but business, it's just not my style. It was a little too big and family-oriented and without a car I was stuck there, and everything was expensive. I also didn't like that there wasn't anywhere I could run outside, and the roads had no sidewalks. This isn't the Palm's fault at all, it's just a personal preference thing. Tip - if you're not on the company's dime, stop at a grocery store before you get here. For a family I can see this being a really great place to stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
GaylordPalms, Guest Relations Manager at Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center, responded to this review, 8 March 2014
Thank you very much for taking time from your busy schedule to write a review of our property. We are very pleased that you enjoyed the South Beach pool, hotel gym, and our property amenities. We hope to welcome you back in the near future! Steven Tubbs -Guest Service Guru-
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Large property, nice atrium but not close to other restaurants, other shops or malls. Free shuttle to Disney/Universal. Nice convention center and waterpark on site. Used a shuttle from the airport to/from the hotel; taxi is expensive. Steakhouse is expensive but the buffet at Villa de Flora is very reasonable and quite extensive for $36 per person.

Room Tip: Rent a car
1 Thank liko11
GaylordPalms, Guest Relations Manager at Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We know you have many options when booking your accommodations in Central Florida, which is why we sincerely appreciate you choosing Gaylord Palms. We are constantly monitoring current offerings and practices in the surrounding area to make sure our pricing structure is in alignment with comparable hotels in the market. Please be assured that your comments are not taken lightly and they be reviewed with the appropriate personnel. Again, thank you for your feedback which allows us to continually improve.

Steven Tubbs
Guest Experience Guru
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek
Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek
Polynesian Isles Resort
Polynesian Isles Resort
#2 of 153 in Kissimmee

Been to Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center? Share your experiences!