“My stay at the Gaylord :-))” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center
Ranked #18 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
Fort Pierce, Florida
“My stay at the Gaylord :-))”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

This resort is beautiful. I did pay extra for the room with the balcony view of the atrium and I'm so glad I did. I was able to keep my patio door open all night to listen to the waterfalls. I was in the everglades section and could see the gators, streams with fish, waterfalls. plants and much more from my view from the 6th floor. It is kind of expensive but when you walk around and see all it has to offer you know why you are paying the price. What the heck who cares about the money your on vacation and this is the resort to go to. Only a few miles to Disney. Don't take the free bus unless you want to ride around for an hour get a cab it's only $25 and your there in a few minutes. You can take the bus home since the Gaylord is the second stop and you are no longer in a hurry. We walked over to the convention center and it is HUGE. I have never seen so many bathrooms and they are big and very clean. You need to have a business meeting go there.
They let us check in early on Sun and late checkout on Tues I did not want to leave. My son and his girlfriend enjoyed their room-which was next to mine thanks to the front desk. We are already planning to go back in the next few months. You will be talking about this place to your friends and family because it's amazing!!

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the atrium
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GaylordPalms, Public Relations Manager at Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
Hi, Please accept our sincerest thanks for this amazing review! We are grateful you and your family selected Gaylord Palms to spend your vacation. We empower our STARS (Gaylord-speach for employees) to WOW our guests, and are pleased they were able to provide you with a memorable weekend. We look forward to welcoming you back for another wonderful experience. Again thanks for the amazing review!

Kanisha - Guest Service Guru

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,291)
  • Polish first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

This is my second time staying at the resort, and I decided to write this review to warn others. Both times at the resort have been enjoyable. The rooms are comfortable and clean. The atrium is really cool, and my 4 year old daughter loves it in there. The pool area is really cool, and the lawn area is lovely. The major problem with the place is that they were just purchased by Marriott, and they can not get their computer systems to sync properly. Both times I have stayed there, I have booked through the Marriott web site, and both times, I have been double charged for the room. The first time I disputed the charge, they gave my credit card a hard time. This last time I made sure to keep my receipt. Sure enough. Double charged again!!!!!!!...... It is a really nice proper. However, we will not be staying there again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank lilir71
We sincerely appreciate the time you took to comment on your recent stay. We strive to ensure each customer has a flawless guest experience and we’re very sorry we did not provide this for you. Please be assured that your comments are not taken lightly and they will be reviewed with the appropriate personnel. Again, thank you for your feedback which allows us to continually improve.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

I stayed with a friend for a girls weekend...we had such a great time the food was great. Sora had the best Sushi I have ever had and I grew up on the West Coast. The pools were fun - service was super. When Sunday came I didn't want to leave.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for taking time from your busy schedule to write a review of our property. We are very pleased that you and your friend enjoyed Sora Sushi Bar, the pools and our property amenities. We hope to welcome you back in the near future!

Long Island, NY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

It's day 2 of a 5 day stay and so far, so BAD! Here with a conference or I'd go elsewhere! After checking in (at Marriott Elite desk, no less), there was no King room available so we were given a queen " but with a pool view" HA! The view is of the roof of the pool restaurant! Now, I have been sitting at the adult pool for 2 hours. Beautiful pool. However, after one hour with no servers offering me anything, I flagged one down and asked for a menu. She gave me one "here, Lady". Now, it's been 1 hour and she never came back to check on me and take an order! Doesn't anyone want my money? The other issue is the internet- very weak in different areas of the atrium. By the pool, the convention center internet has a stronger signal but I cannot log onto that (I only have a room code). I have wanted to stay here ever since staying at Gaylord Opryland, but it cannot compare! If you're a conference planner, stay with the JWMarriott brand! Way more luxurious and better service!! Also, I have not found any healthy food choices at the Gaylord yet! Especially at the pool!
PS- my food was just brought to me- no napkin or flatware!

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Shar22LongIsland_NY
Vero Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

This is a really pretty resort, allot to do under 1 super dome!! :o) The atmosphere is amazing the rooms are super comfy, decorated beautifully, we didn't want to leave, and you really don't have to, this is the place for a vacation all in 1!! The only negative is the pricey food...no way of grabbing a quick affordable meal at this resort, your going to pay top dollar for an average burger at the outdoor restaurant by the pool, and that's the cheapest place to eat at the Gaylord. We have been several times, for ICE, and just to enjoy the resort, it's a definite must see in Orlando.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Federal Way
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

I was discouraged by a long line at check-in, but it flew by in seconds thanks to the ample counter help. The hotel interior is an enclosed ecosystem with alligators and warm, moist weather. The outdoor pool is separated by family and adult only, the rooms are comfortable and huge. I love this resort and will definitely return. Best time ever!

Room Tip: Balcony rooms are worth the extra coin! Ask for one overlooking the inside.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

Not quite as large as the Nashville resort but still very lovely. There were ample places to eat, although pricey compared to normal dining were very reasonable for resort fare. It feels strange for me to say but I didn't have one substandard meal. All were served hot, within a very reasonable time, and were delicious. The rooms felt very standard and the mattress was a bit firm for my liking (this is purely personal preference) but they were very clean and provided all of the necessary amenities plus free wifi! The service was phenomenal as I was treated as a valued guest. I've noticed that in some touristy places you are treated as a fleeting passerby but not in this case. It truly put the cherry on the stay.

Only complaint I had was the price of cab fare to any of the local attractions and the airport. Otherwise, I will certainly stay again.

Green Features: Like many others they had the hang up the towel policy. I think what really sets this place a part from other resorts is the focus on conserving local wildlife and protecting species that don't necessarily have much of a home in the modern world.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,999 reviews
Caribe Royale All Suite Hotel & Convention Center
Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort
Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek

Been to Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center? Share your experiences!