Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Galleria Palms Hotel(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$109
Destiny Palms Hotel Maingate West(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
US$78
Comfort Inn Maingate(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
US$86
Liki Tiki Village(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$237
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Comfort Suites Maingate East(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
US$142
US$125
Quality Suites The Royale Parc Suites(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
US$164
US$115
QualityInn
US$315
US$277
Preferred Hotels
Star Island Resort and Club(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
US$105
Flamingo Waterpark Resort(Kissimmee)
US$60
US$54
Hotels.com
4,850 results
All reviewsatrium viewadult poolself parkingemerald bayold hickory steakhousewreckers sports barice sculptureshuge atriumfamily poolbeautiful hotelscavenger huntresort feeattending a conferenceper daywater slidesrooms are niceorlando area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Being a local Central Floridian, this is a good place for a "staycation". If you're a visitor is still a good place to stay. It's very close to all of the attractions, but not in the hyper tourist strip of International drive. It has all the trappings of a resort with multiple pools (kids & adult), multiple restaurants, multiple bars (indoor & outdoor). The resort is Florida themed with distinct parts of the atrium set up as parts of Florida. It's a Marriott property too so if you have status they'll upgrade you if they can. I'd definitely recommend this resort for both locals looking for a quick getaway without having to go too far and for tourists looking for an alternative to staying on I-Drive.

Room Tip: Get a room with an atrium view
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
GaylordPalms, Guest Relations Manager at Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Thank you for your kind words! We know you have many options when booking your accommodations in Central Florida, which is why we sincerely appreciate you choosing Gaylord Palms. We’re thrilled our array of restaurants provided the perfect meal for you! We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Jennifer Williams

Reviewed 23 June 2014

The staff at the Gaylord is what makes this place. they have an outstanding customer service program that works here. ALL staff members are attentive and helpful makes it difficult to accept anything less when you leave.
The rooms are very standard, not much in them and need to ask for wine glasses etc. they do give you 2 bottles of water everyday which is appreciated.
I do not know how we would have survived without a car. In general Gaylord properties bring you in and want you to stay within the property, the restaurants are okay but pricey, the pool was nice but over crowded if you did not want to play in the kids pool. But on that note, thank you for the adult only pool, much appreciated.
This property is geared for conferences mostly, nice to bring the family to if you are at one but be prepared to pay for meals.

Room Tip: We liked facing the atrium the noise was not really a factor.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank stephenavenue
GaylordPalms, Public Relations Manager at Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you for review, we do strive to provide flawless service to all our guests and our Stars take pride in doing so. It is very pleasing when we receive comments and reviews from our guests about the quality of service they received in our resort.

Guest Experience Guru

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Living in Tampa so close to Disney our kids and us are pretty much done with the parks. The Gaylord is a great hotel for us to get away for a few days- especially in the hot summer months with unpredictable showers. Everything is indoor and tons of restaurants. There is a waterpark and pools (this is outdoors- so they do shut down if there is lightning). Rooms are luxurious. Lots of stuff to do to keep one occupied atleast a couple days. They also have character visits and movies.
Bit pricy but if you can get a special deal or group rate definitely worth it!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the inside- so you can view the interiors of the hotel from your balcony
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
GaylordPalms, Guest Relations Manager at Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you for recent review, it sounds like you had a fun time at our resort during your visit. As you mention we do have a lot to offer indoors during our wonderful summer here Florida. We hope see you again in future visit and we hope we can exceed your expectations.

Guest Experience Guru

Reviewed 22 June 2014

If you ever stayed at a Gaylord property, you know that their goal is to have you check-in and then never leave the property until check-out. In the case of the Gaylord Palms that might just be ok if your there for business!

The rooms are large, but sparsely furnished -- I suspect this is to accommodate many families who request rollaway beds. The rooms are in need of some minor refreshing, but were very clean and the bed was very comfortable.

Getting around the Gaylord can be daunting and sometimes it feels like you need a GPS to find your way around!

The fitness center is equipped with modern workout machines, but can become crowded when a larger conference is in the building.

Overall, a solid performance.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
GaylordPalms, Guest Relations Manager at Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you for your review, I have to personally say that I remember when I started at the Gaylord Palms and I do have to admit I can recall a couple of times I had a gps to get around our resort. I do hope you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to use our facilities. We strive to provide flawless service to all our of our guests and we value all the feedback we received.

Guests Experience Guru

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

I have gotten used to the occasional negative experience from a hotel or restaurant that is supposed to be good. When that happens I usually give them the benefit of the doubt. But my experience at this Gaylord property had too many negatives to let go. Besides most of the workers there, who were generally quite good, I found little to appreciate. It was extremely noisy way into the night with no apparent notice or intervention by hotel staff. Drunks were literally whooping it up in the atrium at 1:00 and 2:00 in the morning with only disgruntled guests asking them to stop. The prices were, as reported by many other reviewers, outrageous. You are stuck there and they know it and they overprice everything.
I think the worst thing was trying to get out of there. I wanted a shuttle to the airport, but you have to give them a minimum of 6 hours notice of your departure time. My problem was I was not sure when my seminar would be over within plus or minus 2 hours, so I could not give them a departure time (it actually ended 2 hours early, so I would have been sitting around). The shuttle would have been $22. The alternative, the town cars lined up there and ready at a moment's notice, was $64. Anybody smell something fishy?
I was also scouting this location out for another large group of which I am on the board. We are looking for a location for our Fall 2015 general meeting. Gaylord is a big NO.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review, first I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you received during your stay. We strive to provide flawless service to all of our guests of our resort. The shuttle that services the hotel is operated by partner company and do require the you do make schedule your pick up time for no less than three hour prior to your flight departure time since they do make several stops at other locations. I personally recommend the town cars to guest travelling together because of the possible costs and time savings.

Guests Experience Guru