“Nice Hotel, But It Still Is A Convention Resort” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center
Ranked #18 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
Gainesville, Florida
“Nice Hotel, But It Still Is A Convention Resort”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

This Gaylord is a nice resort with plenty to do and offers lots of activities for families and guests of all ages. The rooms were nice and the hotel's sports bar and coffee shop offered good food and drinks. My only thing with this resort is that it is a convention resort, and I was not here for a convention. I'm usually not a fan of convention resorts but then again that is just me personally. Overall it is a very nice resort and I would definitely stay there again. Also a great location near Disney and I4.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GaylordPalms, Guest Relations Manager at Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thank you very much for taking time from your busy schedule to write a review of our property. We are very pleased that you enjoyed Wreckers Sports Bar & Cocoa Bean (Coffee Shop). We hope to welcome you back in the near future!

Guest Service Guru - Kanisha W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,288)
  • Polish first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

For a hotel that prides itself on customer service, it's clear that is all talk and no action.

I just returned from a business trip, and was so disappointed in the service I received at the hotel. I thought it might have been isolated occurrences, and was about to forget the whole ordeal, until I just called back to take care of an invoice issue. After being on hold for TWO HOURS, I was told that I had a choice - I can continue to wait on hold for an unspecified period of time ("whenever they get to me is when they can get to me"), or else wait TWO DAYS for a response. All so I can get a copy of my hotel bill to see why I was charged more than $100 from my original invoice!!

So aside from this issue, my room was serviced by housekeeping exactly ONE TIME during a 3 1/2 day stay. ONCE! I checked in on Wednesday afternoon at 4:00 pm, and my room was serviced by housekeeping for the first time on Friday night between 7:30 and 10:00 pm. I was not in my room from 8:15 am until 3:00 pm on Thursday. When I left my room at 4:30 pm, I found a card from housekeeping that they had come by sometime between 3:00 and 4:30, and that they weren't coming back. Then on Friday I was out of my room from 10:00 am until 4:00 pm. Upon returning housekeeping knocked and asked if they could service. I explained I just got back from being out all day, but that I would be out in about an hour. They said this was fine, but when I came back at 7:30 the room had STILL NOT BEEN SERVICED. When I returned at 10 pm the room had finally been cleaned, but I was checking out the next morning. So I finally got clean towels on the last night of my stay.

Also, the service at the pool was terrible. We ordered a pitcher of margaritas ($35 plus tax! Gratuity automatically added as well - convenient!), and had to wait 20 minutes for cups! The ice melted and diluted most of the beverage by the time we finally got to drink what we ordered. And we waited an additional 30 minutes to try to close out our bill, and simply had to walk to the bar and track down a random waiter to finally close out.

The phone wait that I'm currently on hold for (now nearing THREE HOURS!) was not isolated either, as when I called their concierge during my stay, I had to wait 20 minutes before I finally hung up and walked to the front desk. I never spoke to an individual - it went straight to hold, where a pre-recorded message brags about their customer service.

Overall, for the prices you pay to stay here, it is just not worth it. I've stayed all over the world, and experienced better service from some budget hotels than this "luxury" resort. Do not recommend. At all.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank TraveltheWorldGirl1
GaylordPalms, Guest Relations Manager at Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
We sincerely appreciate the time you took to comment on your recent stay. We strive to ensure each customer has a flawless guest experience and we’re very sorry we did not provide this for you. The room conditions you have described are certainly not our standard and we apologize for this. Your feedback is not taken lightly and has been passed along to our management team. Again thanks for your time.

Guest Service Guru - Kanisha W
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

We have stayed at the Gaylord many times and thoroughly enjoy the experience every time. The hotel is beautifully kept and the staff go the extra mile to make sure you enjoy your stay. We ate in the Villa d'Flora and also SORA and both were excellent. Fantastic hotel for couples or families.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GaylordPalms, Guest Relations Manager at Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Thank you for your review, I am glad to hear you enjoyed your recent visit to our resort especially as a repeat guest. Out Stars strive to provide the best service possible and to wow our guests. We hope to see you again hopefully during this year’s ICE season which will be amazing.

Emilio Santos
Sarasota, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

It's a shame what the hotel has been transformed into. It used to be my top pick for hotels in the Orlando area, but not anymore. The new designer should be sued for damages for what they did to this once beautiful hotel. The rooms have been turned into cheap accommodations you would expect at the days in and not a hotel that chArges $15 per day just to park your car. Also there used to be 2 beautiful adult jacuzzi, which unfortunately were ripped out only to be replaced by jacuzzi that look like they came from a third world country, and like that's not bad enough they are flanked with dark brown brick which is too hot to walk on.
It's still good if you want to go for the day ands see ICE during the Christmas season, but definitely NOT worth staying at the hotel for the prices they are charging. So sad an era gone by. Also the check in process is ridiculously long!!!

Room Tip: Do not eat breakfast here it will cost $45 there are restaurant just around the corner that are much...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank TammyRowan
Thank you for your review, I would like to apologize for us not exceeding your expectations. We strive to provide flawless service and quality to all our guests. I will make sure to relay your concerns to our Leadership team and hope we can return to being your top hotel in Orlando.

Emilio Santos
Yucaipa, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

TOTAL CLASS: This hotel is on it with service & satisfaction. I stayed at the property for (3) while attending a convention on property. I've stayed in many luxury hotels and this one ranks at the top value for the dollar. Service gets a 10, Hotel room gets a 10.

Room Tip: all rooms are good
Green Features: The rooms have notes/door hangers informing guests about their desire to help the environment and they suggest ways to help out as well while on property.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GaylordPalms, Guest Relations Manager at Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Please accept our sincerest thanks for this amazing review! We are grateful you selected Gaylord Palms for your home away from home during your conference. We empower our STARS (Gaylord-speak for employees) to WOW our guests, and are pleased they were able to provide you with a memorable weekend. We look forward to welcoming you back for another wonderful experience.

West Midlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Unusual hotel in that it has what I call a version of botanical gardens (Birmingham) in the middle of it. I would most certainly recommend a visit. I think it is a lovely wedding venue if you like unusual settings. Lots to see and it was interesting watching some people from a convention exploring the setting too.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
      Location
GaylordPalms, Guest Relations Manager at Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words. It sounds like you were able to take advantage of the vast amenities we offer at Gaylord Palms Resort. Thank you again for the great review. We hope to see you again soon!

New York, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

I have never seen anything like their atrium. Although it's inside, you think you are outside. There's even an alligator pond. It's just lush and beautiful. It's half the size of the Gaylord in Nashville, but it's still a very large property.

They have several swimming pools, including a lazy river. The best pool areas that I have seen.

Room Tip: Near your meeting rooms if attending a meeting. The place is HUGE.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GaylordPalms, Public Relations Manager at Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Thank you very much for taking time from your busy schedule to write a review of our property. We are very pleased that you enjoyed Cypress Springs Water Park as well as our other property amenities. We hope to welcome you back in the near future!

Jennifer Williams
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,992 reviews
Caribe Royale All Suite Hotel & Convention Center
Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort
Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek

Been to Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center? Share your experiences!