I stayed at the Gaylord Palms while attending a BOMA Conference and Expo in June. The resort is very nice almost like a miniature theme park inside including the overpriced stores and restaurants. The room (and I had the basic room) was spacious and very clean. The bed was comfortable. The service was very good and everyone was very helpful.
This resort has its own convention center attached which is quite convenient, just a short walk from the room. The concept is great and if you bring the family, the hotel's amenities will keep them busy while you are at the conference. Even so, the Disney theme parks are a short ride away.
There is nothing really bad to say about this property in terms of service, cleanliness, amenities, etc. I only gave it 4 stars instead of 5 because of "value," which is the only issue I think that takes away from this resort; and even though much of my trip expenses were covered through my employer, it is still worth noting. By the time you add the discounted room rate, the resort fee, parking fee, and all the various taxes, it was roughly $300 per night for a basic room and if you bring the wife and kids, plan on paying an extra $20 per night for each kid. Strangely enough, this is in Florida's off-season, so you can imagine what the prices would be during the "Season." More importantly, this is Orlando and with the large selection of hotels and resorts, you could do much better for the price. While the service, cleanliness, and resort amenities were excellent, this place was more on par with a Las Vegas strip hotel like Paris, New York, New York, and the Luxor but at the price of a Ritz-Carlton or Waldorf Astoria, which by the way, are both available in Orlando.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just minutes from Central Florida's world-famous theme parks, including Walt Disney World, Universal Orlando and Sea World, the 1,416-room Gaylord Palms Resort is the ideal destination for leisure and business travelers alike. This spectacular resort features 4.5 acres of beautifully manicured gardens and themed environments beneath a signature glass-covered atrium. On-site leisure and recreation opportunities abound with the Cypress Springs Water Park, featuring a double FlowRider and drop slide in addition to a multi-level treehouse water playground; the adults-only South Beach Pool; Forbes Travel Guide's Four Star Relache Spa & Salon; Wreckers Sports Bar, featuring a two-story sports screen; and a 24 hour fitness center. And with eight restaurants and lounges ranging from fine dining at Old Hickory Steakhouse to casual poolside fare at SandBar, Gaylord Palms offers something for every appetite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, TravelUp, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord Palms Hotel Kissimmee
- Gaylord Resort
- Gaylord Palms Resort Orlando
- Gaylord Palms Orlando
- Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center Kissimmee, Florida