We got to the hotel and stayed for 5 days 5 nights. My dad asked me if I wanted a cot so I didnt have to sleep on the air matress so I told him sure why not? Well I found out that a cot was $36 per night! What who pays $36 per night for a bed? Well anyways my dad bought me the cot for the 5 nights and to my luck I got LICE! FREAKING LICE! and I was leaving the next day so my mom had to ride out to walgreens to go buy a lice remover and we had to wake up at 6 in the morning so that we could leave on time. We also didn't know if it spread to my brothers and my mom and dad!
The pool was pretty nice though the outdoor waterpark for the kids was really nice though I loved going on the waterslides and the basketball hoop in the side of the pool was fun too! The poolside service at sandbar was kinda quick but my dad told me it was pretty pricey for 1 grilled ceaser salad it was $14 that's a little much for lettuce and chicken.
It was in a good location though because it was close to universal and disney but when I first got to the hotel I took the wrong elevator to get to my hotel room 3 times because the paths are so confusing! I finally knew how to get around the hotel within my 3rd day of being there.
Based on personal experience from this hotel I think that from now on I will be bringing an airmatress to every hotel we go to with my own sheets cause I am not having lice AGAIN as my family being platinum elite members we were not very satisfied with the service of the hotel as we have been to nicer Marriotts before and may it may not be coming back to this one in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just minutes from Central Florida's world-famous theme parks, including Walt Disney World, Universal Orlando and Sea World, the 1,416-room Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center is the ideal destination for leisure and business travelers alike. This spectacular resort in Kissimmee, Florida features 4.5 acres of beautifully manicured gardens and themed environments beneath a signature glass-covered atrium. On-site leisure and recreation opportunities abound with the Cypress Springs Water Park, featuring a double FlowRider and drop slide in addition to a multi-level treehouse water playground; the adults-only South Beach Pool; Forbes Travel Guide's Four Star Relache Spa & Salon; Wreckers Sports Bar, featuring a two-story sports screen; and a 24 hour fitness center. And with eight restaurants and lounges ranging from fine dining at Old Hickory Steakhouse to casual poolside fare at SandBar, Gaylord Palms offers something for every appetite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord Palms Hotel Kissimmee
- Gaylord Resort
- Gaylord Palms Resort Orlando
- Gaylord Palms Orlando
- Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center Kissimmee, Florida