“It was an okay stay”

Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center
Ranked #19 of 155 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We got to the hotel and stayed for 5 days 5 nights. My dad asked me if I wanted a cot so I didnt have to sleep on the air matress so I told him sure why not? Well I found out that a cot was $36 per night! What who pays $36 per night for a bed? Well anyways my dad bought me the cot for the 5 nights and to my luck I got LICE! FREAKING LICE! and I was leaving the next day so my mom had to ride out to walgreens to go buy a lice remover and we had to wake up at 6 in the morning so that we could leave on time. We also didn't know if it spread to my brothers and my mom and dad!

The pool was pretty nice though the outdoor waterpark for the kids was really nice though I loved going on the waterslides and the basketball hoop in the side of the pool was fun too! The poolside service at sandbar was kinda quick but my dad told me it was pretty pricey for 1 grilled ceaser salad it was $14 that's a little much for lettuce and chicken.

It was in a good location though because it was close to universal and disney but when I first got to the hotel I took the wrong elevator to get to my hotel room 3 times because the paths are so confusing! I finally knew how to get around the hotel within my 3rd day of being there.

Based on personal experience from this hotel I think that from now on I will be bringing an airmatress to every hotel we go to with my own sheets cause I am not having lice AGAIN as my family being platinum elite members we were not very satisfied with the service of the hotel as we have been to nicer Marriotts before and may it may not be coming back to this one in the future.

• Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank mfmissile
Write a ReviewReviews (4,789)

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I visited the Gaylord for the first time on Mothers Day weekend. It was a very easy process to check in and out. They provided us with an upgrade on our room which was really nice! The service no matter where you were within the hotel was superb.
The drinks were extremely
pricey I think but a nice treat. My mother and I got a couple of massages at Ralache Spa and that was top notch service as well! For the 1 time I have visited, there is no doubt it will
probably be my favorite place to come and relax. I am checking in again on 7/26 and will provide another review for my 2nd visit. Consistency matters.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank tiffprl2
GaylordPalms, Guest Relations Manager at Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Thank you for your review I hope nnot only did we meet your expectations but execended them on your stay this weekend. Our Stars take pride in providing flawless service.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Its greatness is visible from miles away and once you enter you get the idea what people are raving about. Great service, good food and a really remarkable place! Plenty to do, plenty to see. If you are going to Orlando/Kissimmee area this is a must see!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your review of our resort; we are a destination on ourselves here in Orlando. We offer a wide arrangement of entertainment options for every age group. If you are ever in the area during the holiday season you must visit us our “Christmas at Gaylord Palms” You will be truly amazed.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

One of the nicest hotels I've stayed at. The room was immaculate and very spacious. The hotel property itself is huge and the atrium is something you can spend a day exploring, and its all inside the hotel. Restaurants give you a lot of options for places to dine and drink. I went to the sushi place and was happily surprised with the menu. I can't say this place is inexpensive, but it's certainly worth visiting if you aren't on a tight budget.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your kind words! We are very pleased that you enjoyed Sora sushi restaurant and the rest of our property amenities. We hope to welcome you back in the near future!

Lindsey-Guest Services

Reviewed 22 July 2014

My hubby and I spotted this hotel while we was out driving. We were already staying at Sheraton Vistana so a tour was in order. Worth every moment, it is absolutely gorgeous a must for those that like elegance, class and personal service. If they had a special I'll be there.

Room Tip: Choose an atrium view, breathtaking.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review of our resort; We are a destination on ourselves here in Orlando. We offer a wide arrangement of entertainment options for every age group. You titled your review “Absolutely a must!” we’ll Thank you, but you would be amazed during the Christmas season.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

The staff is extremely attentive and I enjoyed my second NACBA convention in five years at this location. Food service was enjoyable. I enjoy the domed environment, especially in the heat and rain of July.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your recent review, Our Stars strive to provide flawless services and to Wow all of our guests. It is nice to hear that we were able to accomplish that during your visit with NACBA and hope to see you again.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

My family of four, including two kids 8 and 5, often travel to Orlando for weekend getaways. We had never stayed at the Gaylord Palms Resort until this past weekend. As the title suggests, all I can say is wow. You must see the lobby atrium area to believe it. The rooms were very nice, the pool area was excellent for kids and the location is great for anyone wishing to go to the Disney parks. If you are coming from Southwest Florida the location allows one not to have to get to the busy bottleneck on I4 near Downtown Disney. We had dinner at the sport bar restaurant and it was better than I would have expected. I had the fish and chips and it was very good. Prices in the restaurants and bars are very high, but Celebration and other Kissimmee restaurants are right around the corner. Would highly recommend Gaylord Palms, especially for families with young kids.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much for this amazing review! We know you have many options when booking your accommodations in Central Florida, which is why we sincerely appreciate you choosing Gaylord Palms. We empower our STARS (Gaylord-speech for employees) to WOW our guests, and are pleased they were able to provide you with a memorable stay. We look forward to welcoming you back for another wonderful experience.

Lindsey-Guest Services

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
1 mi away
Waldorf Astoria Orlando
#27 of 340 in Orlando
Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista South
Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress

Been to Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center? Share your experiences!