“Pampered but at a price”

Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center
Ranked #19 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 24 July 2014

So are you ready to pamper yourselve? If so then this place is worth a stop if for no other reason than to walk the wonderful atrium. You can visit a recreated Key West or walk through the Everglades with a stop in St Augustine. Its not really like visiting those places but it is a pleasant walk after a meal in one of the restaurants. You'll also like the resort pools divided into adults only and families. The staff throughout the resort is very friendly and helpful. But the pampering comes at a price. You pay $17 per day for the privilege of self parking and a $20 per day resort fee. On top of this the restaurants are pricey and a bar tab can quickly add up. So if you've got some money to burn go ahead and pamper yourself.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
GaylordPalms, Guest Relations Manager at Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Mr. Dundon, we sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment on your recent experience at Gaylord Palms. We are thrilled that you enjoyed the features of our resort. Please be assured our leadership team works diligently to continually reassess our pricing structure to guarantee we are providing our guests with the best value comparable to other resorts in our area. Thank you for making Gaylord Palms part of your visit to Central Florida and we hope to welcome you back soon!

Lindsey-Guest Services

There are newer reviews for Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Stayed at Gaylord Palms for a weekend "Staycation". It was great to get away and relax. The resort has everything. Comfortable rooms and a great bed. Atmosphere that varies depending on where you are in the hotel. We had a room that overlooked the Everglades Atrium area. It was a beautiful view. The two pools provided the fun of a watermark for the grandkids and the South Beach pool a quiet place for adults. The Sports bar was a fun place to kick back and watch a game. We dined at Villa de Flora - a must if you stay there. It is close to Disney and other Tourist areas. There are often specials- just watch their website. Only one downside would be the daily parking fee.

Room Tip: Atrium rooms look out over the different indoor areas - Not much to see if you have a outside facing...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
GaylordPalms, Guest Relations Manager at Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Thank you very much for your kind words and taking the time to write a review of our property. We are very pleased that you enjoyed Wreckers Sports Bar, Cypress Springs Water Park and our property amenities. We hope to welcome you back in the near future!

Lindsey- Guest Services

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We got to the hotel and stayed for 5 days 5 nights. My dad asked me if I wanted a cot so I didnt have to sleep on the air matress so I told him sure why not? Well I found out that a cot was $36 per night! What who pays $36 per night for a bed? Well anyways my dad bought me the cot for the 5 nights and to my luck I got LICE! FREAKING LICE! and I was leaving the next day so my mom had to ride out to walgreens to go buy a lice remover and we had to wake up at 6 in the morning so that we could leave on time. We also didn't know if it spread to my brothers and my mom and dad!

The pool was pretty nice though the outdoor waterpark for the kids was really nice though I loved going on the waterslides and the basketball hoop in the side of the pool was fun too! The poolside service at sandbar was kinda quick but my dad told me it was pretty pricey for 1 grilled ceaser salad it was $14 that's a little much for lettuce and chicken.

It was in a good location though because it was close to universal and disney but when I first got to the hotel I took the wrong elevator to get to my hotel room 3 times because the paths are so confusing! I finally knew how to get around the hotel within my 3rd day of being there.

Based on personal experience from this hotel I think that from now on I will be bringing an airmatress to every hotel we go to with my own sheets cause I am not having lice AGAIN as my family being platinum elite members we were not very satisfied with the service of the hotel as we have been to nicer Marriotts before and may it may not be coming back to this one in the future.

• Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank mfmissile
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I visited the Gaylord for the first time on Mothers Day weekend. It was a very easy process to check in and out. They provided us with an upgrade on our room which was really nice! The service no matter where you were within the hotel was superb.
The drinks were extremely
pricey I think but a nice treat. My mother and I got a couple of massages at Ralache Spa and that was top notch service as well! For the 1 time I have visited, there is no doubt it will
probably be my favorite place to come and relax. I am checking in again on 7/26 and will provide another review for my 2nd visit. Consistency matters.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank tiffprl2
GaylordPalms, Guest Relations Manager at Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Thank you for your review I hope nnot only did we meet your expectations but execended them on your stay this weekend. Our Stars take pride in providing flawless service.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Its greatness is visible from miles away and once you enter you get the idea what people are raving about. Great service, good food and a really remarkable place! Plenty to do, plenty to see. If you are going to Orlando/Kissimmee area this is a must see!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your review of our resort; we are a destination on ourselves here in Orlando. We offer a wide arrangement of entertainment options for every age group. If you are ever in the area during the holiday season you must visit us our “Christmas at Gaylord Palms” You will be truly amazed.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

One of the nicest hotels I've stayed at. The room was immaculate and very spacious. The hotel property itself is huge and the atrium is something you can spend a day exploring, and its all inside the hotel. Restaurants give you a lot of options for places to dine and drink. I went to the sushi place and was happily surprised with the menu. I can't say this place is inexpensive, but it's certainly worth visiting if you aren't on a tight budget.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your kind words! We are very pleased that you enjoyed Sora sushi restaurant and the rest of our property amenities. We hope to welcome you back in the near future!

Lindsey-Guest Services

Reviewed 22 July 2014

My hubby and I spotted this hotel while we was out driving. We were already staying at Sheraton Vistana so a tour was in order. Worth every moment, it is absolutely gorgeous a must for those that like elegance, class and personal service. If they had a special I'll be there.

Room Tip: Choose an atrium view, breathtaking.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review of our resort; We are a destination on ourselves here in Orlando. We offer a wide arrangement of entertainment options for every age group. You titled your review “Absolutely a must!” we’ll Thank you, but you would be amazed during the Christmas season.

Guests Services

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Waldorf Astoria Orlando
#27 of 340 in Orlando
Florida Center
Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort

Been to Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center? Share your experiences!