“Items stolen from room.”

Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center
Ranked #19 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Brand new boots and jacket stolen from room. No one in room but myself , daughter , and cleaning staff. Items were bought new for convention wrap up party. Staff denied seeing items,of course. Hotel did nothing to make it right after spending almost $2000 to stay there. Sticking with Hilton. Their rooms are nicer anyway.

• Stayed: July 2014
9  Thank Tauper
GaylordPalms, Manager at Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

We are sincerely sorry for your inconvenience. It is our understanding that our Marriott Customer Care has already been in touch with you. Please be assured that the appropriate resources are being deployed. Your feedback is not taken lightly and we will continue to keep you informed of the latest developments. Should you have any questions in the meantime, please contact 972-244-5564.

Jenn ~ Guest Services Guru

There are newer reviews for Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center

Reviewed 2 August 2014

This was one of the worst experiences that we have ever had at a hotel. We had to deal with employee attitudes from the minute we stepped foot on the property. Every employee that we encountered was rude, disrespectful and not helpful. The long line at check in was upsetting and the staff didn't act like they cared and we had to wait for a long time. We had to wait while the valet staff found our car keys so we could self park, which they wanted to charge us $18 for. We were even denied dining at the Old Hickory Steakhouse, a restaurant on property, and the employee stated that we weren't dressed appropriately. We were in shirts, shorts and flip flops. This is Florida and we were on a weekend getaway, dressed like everybody else in Florida. They wanted to charge a $50 authorization to our credit card for incidentals, which we understood. However, when we looked at our account after checking out, they had charged $72.60. When I called and questioned it the first two employees that I had to deal with were rude and attempted to deny any such authorization. When I told the Manager that I wanted to speak to someone above her, she stated "I'm the one you are talking to tonight". When I said that I would take care of it myself, she suddenly had someone else I could speak with. The person that called me then was helpful and apologized saying that it was their error and they would take care of it. I attempted to explain our displeasure with their resort and she didn't even ask what the issues were. We had originally thought about staying two nights at this resort but when we were treated the way we were by every employee, we decided that we would check out and never return to any Gaylord Palms Resorts. The property is beautiful but the way the employees treat you just makes this an UGLY place to stay. DON'T EVER STAY HERE.

Room Tip: Best advice is to find another place to stay.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank TerryC564
GaylordPalms, Guest Relations Manager at Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Thank you for sharing feedback from your recent stay. Please accept our apologies for the service you experienced at our property. At Gaylord Palms we pride ourselves on being a resort dedicated to flawless customer service, and it’s clear we did not provide this for you. Our leadership team uses guest feedback like yours to address areas of concern and take corrective measures in order to improve our guests’ experience. Thanks again for your time.

Guest Service Guru

Reviewed 2 August 2014

This is one of the few places that I have been for my annual convention that I do not feel crowded into . WIth some 1200 rooms taken by our group it would twart almost all places. here it was easy to do. They have a great Spa that relaxed me between sessions and a number of restaurants , formal and relaxed in which to partake. Of course there were pools and other amusements for all. Best of all , the facilities wet equiped for the needs of professionals with little time to waste on mistakes. I would not mind going back again and I believe that they are on the list probably in a few years as the convention is held at various locals giving everyone an opportunity not to travel too far.

Room Tip: high floors work best. reserve time at the spa before you come
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for your kind words. It sounds like you and your family definitely took advantge of the vast amenities we offer at Gaylord Palms Resort, including our bus transportation to the Disney Parks. Thank you again for the great review. We hope to see you again soon!

Kanisha W - Guest Service Guru

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here during a business trip. Once I arrived I was a bit disappointed- long line at check in and had to call them twice to see if my room was ready finally got checked in at 5:30. Parking was a disaster . Room was clean and bright . The problem was shower head coming off wall. Service was not what I am used to from Marriott - my always preferred hotel while away from home . No one was friendly or had a sense of urgency . I waited 50 minutes for our business luncheon food to arrive at Sunset Sams, I was so embarrassed in front of my client. He was floored we were offered no explanation of delay. Worst service from Marriott ever. The next night we tried the buffet food was mediocre but our server Kathy was very nice! We won't return here. We are looking forward to our upcoming stay at Cypress Harbor.

• Stayed: July 2014
GaylordPalms, Manager at Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Thank you for your taking the time to share your experience at The Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center and please accept my sincere apologies for not providing you with a quality visit. I do want you to know that it is never our intent to neither disappoint our guests, nor provide anything less than the best in service and facilities. I will personally follow up and share your comments with the leadership team and sincerely hope that you will allow us, at some future date, the opportunity to redeem ourselves.

Should you be willing to provide us an opportunity to serve you again, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 407.586.2013

Warm Regards,

Niko Nickolaou | Director of Guest Services

Reviewed 31 July 2014

This is a lovely place to stay. A bit pricey but worth it to have a place to unwind after an exhausting day at the Parks. There are several lovely pools to choose from, a large grass area to run around in. There are several choices of restaurants. The Only complaint I had was the lack of breakfast choices, you had to choose either a large buffet with everything imaginable or a $6.50 ham and egg sandwich. The staff is very friendly, other than the staff member I talked to about the reservation, he was a bit curt and unfriendly (must of had a bad night). I was also shocked that although I had Valet parking, they only parked the car once but I had to pay both days I was there for the valet. Thought that was a bit excessive. The facility is very clean and comfortable...hope my car was comfortable too at $27/day.

Room Tip: If attending an event ask for a room near the conference center. There is free shuttle service to a...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Warm-in-Fla

Thank you for your review, I hope you enjoyed your time with us. We are constantly looking at our guests feedback and other resorts in the area to make sure we are offering the best possible service at the best value to all of our guests. I will forward your comments to the appropriate departments so they aware of comments and to see if we could incorporate mores options in the future.

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

I'd give it 5, but when we checked in, they stated our room was given to someone else. They placed us in the melia suites for 2 nights which was a huge inconvenience, and then got to stay here for the last 2 nights. We were upset, but they upgraded our room to a suite and comped a lot of things so that made it a little easier to swallow. The place is gorgeous. Bed was comfortable. Very clean. I'd probably stay again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Christine B

Thank you for your review, I would like to apologize with your experience at check in on your first day, I am glad to hear that you were happy with the resolution and that you enjoyed your time here with us at the Gaylord Palms.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel for both a Convention and for vacation purposes. Even though the hotel is huge it had a cozy feeling. The staff was very helpful in teaching you how to get around. The facilities are amazing with many things to do inside the hotel in regards to restuarants, spa, pool, parks, shopping, etc. The bus service to WDW was really helpful in maximazing our stay. The convention space is really big and spacious enough to make you feel not too crowded even if there were many people participating of it. The room was your average room, with nothing major but comfortable enough. The shower area was spacious too. We had a high floor with views to the outside patio between the hotel and the convention center. The best asset of this hotel I could say is the location perfect for both business and conventions as well as the access to the WDW parks and attractions.

Room Tip: Ask for High Floor rooms
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your great review of our resort. I do hope you really enjoyed our facilities and the service you received from our Stars. We have a lot to offer to business travelers on convention and families here for fun. Hope to see you again here at the Gaylord Palms.

Guest Services

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Waldorf Astoria Orlando
#27 of 340 in Orlando
Florida Center
Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort

Been to Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center? Share your experiences!