“Not a Luxury Hotel/ old and dirty!”

Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center
Ranked #18 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
“Not a Luxury Hotel/ old and dirty!”
Reviewed 27 January 2011

I got a suite it was so bad! I changed rooms, to an even worse room. The mattress on the bed was completely torn with the stuffing was hanging out. The room was just old and dirty. I change rooms nothing worked, they sent a repair man. I was on the phone with my husband and told him how I took pictures it was so bad. Repairs got done and my camera seemed to disappear too. Guess no pictures with this review. Worse part is all my photo's of my kids at Disney and with my friend and her new 2 week old baby, took lots of pictures of our kids together. Can't replace those photo's.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Jointfixer
Gaylord_VOC, Guest Relations Manager at Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center, responded to this review, 2 February 2011
Good Afternoon,

We have contacted our team to ensure that any items missing during your stay are located and we apologize that it was below your expectations. Please e-mail our team at VoiceOfTheCustomer@GaylordHotels.com and we will follow-up immediately.

Gaylord Hotels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,355)
  • Polish first
New Jersey
Reviewed 26 January 2011

The hotel is gorgeous. Beautiful plants, flowers, trees and waterfalls all inside the gigantic atrium. The room we stayed in was in the Everglades section with a "Florida view" (meaning the window overlooked the parking lot) and it was extremely clean and quiet. I found the beds comfortable. The staff is very nice and very helpful. The Villa de Flora buffet is fantastic, although a bit pricey. The only drawback to this hotel is that it is out in the middle of nowhere, so unless you have a car or take a cab or shuttle, you are pretty much not going anywhere else to eat or shop. They have a 24 hour coffee shop/deli that was fairly reasonably priced, and I was able to pick up little things like yogurt or a banana or cereal in the mornings without having to go to a restaurant. There are refrigerators in the rooms, so I was able to purchase my yogurt, etc. the night before and have it in the morning in my room, which was nice. The hotel atrium has all sorts of nice places to sit and relax to the sounds of the waterfalls (actually the atrium is so beautiful and amazing-- it's difficult to describe! Check out the hotel website for photos.) They have a very nice salt water, heated adult pool that we thoroughly enjoyed. The children's pool is at the other end of the hotel and is also quite nice.
We had a wonderful stay and can't wait to go back!

2 Thank sillyyorkie
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 26 January 2011

Excellent accomodations and service! Close to Disney and a bargain at any rate!

Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 January 2011

Stay here - it is a fabulous hotel! Excellent service, wonderful adult and children's pools that are separate.

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 25 January 2011

I mistakenly left my do not disturb button on in my room and when I got back to my room following 9 hours on the NAVC show floor, my room was not made up! I called down for fresh towels and the bellman responded quickly. I then asked for a couple of bags of coffee and he said fine. I decided to walk down to the front desk and by the time I got back to my room it was clean!! With over 1,400 rooms and completely full, someone actually cared about me! That Wowed me!!

Decatur, Alabama
Reviewed 24 January 2011

There were numerous problems that arose all within three hours of my check-in. Upon arrival, I was told that there were no king beds available, despite the fact that I had reserved one and had confirmation. Then after protesting, somehow a room with a king bed magically appeared. When we got to our room we found it to be small and cramped and on the exact opposite side of the property from the convention I was there to attend.

Upon exploration of the grounds, we found both the casual dining restaurant and the children’s pool area were closed for renovations. Neither of which were disclosed to us upon reservation OR check in. I would not have brought my husband and my 3 year old daughter if I had been informed in advance that there would be nothing for them to do on site. And, no, the adult pool was not an option as my daughter is THREE, the same goes for the sushi bar and seafood restaurant (allergies).

After all this, upon returning to our room we found a security guard and maintenance man in our room WITHOUT prior notification. Supposedly they were fixing the television, but as NONE of the Hotel features on the television were working, I have to question this.

When I approached the front desk with these issues the only reply I received was “What do you want us to do? We can’t just open the pool for you. It is undergoing annual maintenance.” When I asked that if this is ANNUAL maintenance, why I wasn’t notified in advance? Tthey just said that they didn’t know.

Overall my stay was highly dissatisfactory. I will not be recommending this “resort” to my friends, family, or business associates.

2 Thank eenygma_20
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 22 January 2011

Can't say enough about this place. Amazing to say the least. And if you give a good review from the email they send you a free night at any of their resorts.

• Stayed January 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek
Villas of Grand Cypress
#1 of 338 in Orlando
Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek

Been to Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center? Share your experiences!