“Great place to stay and relax”

Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center
Ranked #18 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
“Great place to stay and relax”
Reviewed 1 February 2011

Excellent accommodations, amazing service and staff went out of their way to make everything incredible ~ it’s a fabulous place to vacation with it's gorgeous atrium filled with plants, flowers, trees, gators, waterfalls, Forts, a Ship and tons of fish. Are room was in the St Augustine section facing the atrium with a lovely view overlooking the Fort and most of the atrium.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,325)
  • Polish first
Melbourne Beach, Florida
Reviewed 31 January 2011

We LOVE the Gaylord Palms. It has indoor everglades, waterfalls, St. Augustine replica, two swimming pools and the kids love the kids pool/hot tub. We would never be able to afford this hotel, however, if it weren't for the AMAZING military discount. at $83 a nite, we can easily afford this but the usual 250+ fees would not make it worth it. Food is great but VERY expensive to eat at hotel.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 January 2011

I got a suite it was so bad! I changed rooms, to an even worse room. The mattress on the bed was completely torn with the stuffing was hanging out. The room was just old and dirty. I change rooms nothing worked, they sent a repair man. I was on the phone with my husband and told him how I took pictures it was so bad. Repairs got done and my camera seemed to disappear too. Guess no pictures with this review. Worse part is all my photo's of my kids at Disney and with my friend and her new 2 week old baby, took lots of pictures of our kids together. Can't replace those photo's.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Jointfixer
Gaylord_VOC, Guest Relations Manager at Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center, responded to this review, 2 February 2011
Good Afternoon,

We have contacted our team to ensure that any items missing during your stay are located and we apologize that it was below your expectations. Please e-mail our team at VoiceOfTheCustomer@GaylordHotels.com and we will follow-up immediately.

Gaylord Hotels
New Jersey
Reviewed 26 January 2011

The hotel is gorgeous. Beautiful plants, flowers, trees and waterfalls all inside the gigantic atrium. The room we stayed in was in the Everglades section with a "Florida view" (meaning the window overlooked the parking lot) and it was extremely clean and quiet. I found the beds comfortable. The staff is very nice and very helpful. The Villa de Flora buffet is fantastic, although a bit pricey. The only drawback to this hotel is that it is out in the middle of nowhere, so unless you have a car or take a cab or shuttle, you are pretty much not going anywhere else to eat or shop. They have a 24 hour coffee shop/deli that was fairly reasonably priced, and I was able to pick up little things like yogurt or a banana or cereal in the mornings without having to go to a restaurant. There are refrigerators in the rooms, so I was able to purchase my yogurt, etc. the night before and have it in the morning in my room, which was nice. The hotel atrium has all sorts of nice places to sit and relax to the sounds of the waterfalls (actually the atrium is so beautiful and amazing-- it's difficult to describe! Check out the hotel website for photos.) They have a very nice salt water, heated adult pool that we thoroughly enjoyed. The children's pool is at the other end of the hotel and is also quite nice.
We had a wonderful stay and can't wait to go back!

2 Thank sillyyorkie
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 26 January 2011

Excellent accomodations and service! Close to Disney and a bargain at any rate!

Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 January 2011

Stay here - it is a fabulous hotel! Excellent service, wonderful adult and children's pools that are separate.

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 25 January 2011

I mistakenly left my do not disturb button on in my room and when I got back to my room following 9 hours on the NAVC show floor, my room was not made up! I called down for fresh towels and the bellman responded quickly. I then asked for a couple of bags of coffee and he said fine. I decided to walk down to the front desk and by the time I got back to my room it was clean!! With over 1,400 rooms and completely full, someone actually cared about me! That Wowed me!!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek
Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek
Polynesian Isles Resort
Polynesian Isles Resort
#2 of 153 in Kissimmee

Been to Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center? Share your experiences!