“Great getaway from our busy, stressfull lives!”

Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center
Ranked #19 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 9 February 2011

I booked a room to celebrate a friend's 50th birthday & we had a wonderful time.
I prearranged for the staff to decorate the room (with an added fee, of course) but
well worth it-great way to start our stay!
From the room, the steak house, the spa (great massage/ammenities)
& the beautiful atrium I can't speak highly enough of our experience!
We've already booked 2 upcoming nights for MY birthday.
Thanks Gaylord Palm for a memorable stay!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (4,758)

Reviewed 3 February 2011

I had a lovely suite that was well cleaned each day, however my room was right next to the elevator. It made for speedy access, but as a light sleeper it was horrible. I did not sleep most of the week.
I had also planned to hang out in the spa, but it was under renovations.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 February 2011

Excellent accommodations, amazing service and staff went out of their way to make everything incredible ~ it’s a fabulous place to vacation with it's gorgeous atrium filled with plants, flowers, trees, gators, waterfalls, Forts, a Ship and tons of fish. Are room was in the St Augustine section facing the atrium with a lovely view overlooking the Fort and most of the atrium.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 January 2011

We LOVE the Gaylord Palms. It has indoor everglades, waterfalls, St. Augustine replica, two swimming pools and the kids love the kids pool/hot tub. We would never be able to afford this hotel, however, if it weren't for the AMAZING military discount. at $83 a nite, we can easily afford this but the usual 250+ fees would not make it worth it. Food is great but VERY expensive to eat at hotel.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 January 2011

I got a suite it was so bad! I changed rooms, to an even worse room. The mattress on the bed was completely torn with the stuffing was hanging out. The room was just old and dirty. I change rooms nothing worked, they sent a repair man. I was on the phone with my husband and told him how I took pictures it was so bad. Repairs got done and my camera seemed to disappear too. Guess no pictures with this review. Worse part is all my photo's of my kids at Disney and with my friend and her new 2 week old baby, took lots of pictures of our kids together. Can't replace those photo's.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Jointfixer
Gaylord_VOC, Guest Relations Manager at Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2011

Good Afternoon,

We have contacted our team to ensure that any items missing during your stay are located and we apologize that it was below your expectations. Please e-mail our team at VoiceOfTheCustomer@GaylordHotels.com and we will follow-up immediately.

Gaylord Hotels

Reviewed 26 January 2011

The hotel is gorgeous. Beautiful plants, flowers, trees and waterfalls all inside the gigantic atrium. The room we stayed in was in the Everglades section with a "Florida view" (meaning the window overlooked the parking lot) and it was extremely clean and quiet. I found the beds comfortable. The staff is very nice and very helpful. The Villa de Flora buffet is fantastic, although a bit pricey. The only drawback to this hotel is that it is out in the middle of nowhere, so unless you have a car or take a cab or shuttle, you are pretty much not going anywhere else to eat or shop. They have a 24 hour coffee shop/deli that was fairly reasonably priced, and I was able to pick up little things like yogurt or a banana or cereal in the mornings without having to go to a restaurant. There are refrigerators in the rooms, so I was able to purchase my yogurt, etc. the night before and have it in the morning in my room, which was nice. The hotel atrium has all sorts of nice places to sit and relax to the sounds of the waterfalls (actually the atrium is so beautiful and amazing-- it's difficult to describe! Check out the hotel website for photos.) They have a very nice salt water, heated adult pool that we thoroughly enjoyed. The children's pool is at the other end of the hotel and is also quite nice.
We had a wonderful stay and can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank sillyyorkie
Reviewed 26 January 2011

Excellent accomodations and service! Close to Disney and a bargain at any rate!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
1 mi away
Caribe Royale Orlando
Caribe Royale Orlando
#86 of 341 in Orlando
Reunion Resort, A Salamander Golf & Spa Resort

Been to Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center? Share your experiences!