“Two star property at good price and good location”

Super 8 Kissimmee/Maingate/Orlando Area
Ranked #37 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Helotes, Texas
“Two star property at good price and good location”
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Attended a meeting nearby so location was great and the price was very reasonable. The room could have been cleaner. The rugs needed to be vacuumed around the edges and microwave rotating table did not turn. The front desk said to use as is and it worked for my needs but it was not fixed. Did not try the breakfast. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: I booked through Priceline and got the best price.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Turkish first
Thornhill, Canada
Reviewed 9 January 2014

One of the worst Motels I have ever been to. I'll mention only one advantage which is its location. The rest is not as good.
First of all, This place is filthy, not clean and worn out is an understatement.
On my way to the room there was a AC unit leaking water on the floor so I needed to watch out not to slip on the floor. Secondly, the room itself was a disgrace. Hairs were found on the bathtub, the toilet, and also on the bed covers and sheets. The carpet was dirty, lots of junk!
I went straight back and complained about the findings. Instead of offering another room (even a refund would have been accepted gladly!) they said they will clean the room. So I had to evacuate the room in order to let the cleaner do her job (which should have been done properly long long time before our arrival!)
When I came back to the room very late at night I noticed some other disgusting stuff that I haven't noticed at first glance. All the bed sheets were not only worn out but also stained. Especially the pillow covers. I went to the front desk and asked for new covers and told the clerk that it looked like someone was sleeping in those pillows before. His answer was it's a hotel and of course someone did. I explained to him that it's a matter of cleanliness, but seems like he didn't really care.
The room itself was moldy, the refrigerator very noisy. I just wished the night will pass soon so I'd be able to get the hell out of there.
By the way, breakfast was really crowded so we didn't bother to "enjoy" the meal. Dunkin Donuts was just around the corner.
So long and thanks for the fish. Never again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank EinatH

Travellers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Valrico
Reviewed 7 January 2014

This room really smelled bad, the site stated it took dogs but the front desk said no dogs! Second the room smelled bad, if it wasn't late and I wasn't tired I would of not stayed but I did. I won't stay at this Super 8 again, sad to say.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

1 Thank Teresa S
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We stayed 8 nights in this motel and were very satisfied. We stayed here to visit the theme parks and figured that we would not be in our room much, so we booked a motel that was less expensive that we thought might not be so nice. We were pleasantly surprised! Our room was clean and well furnished, with a refrigerator and microwave. It had good heat and air, nice soaps, shampoo, and hand lotions, and was cleaned daily. The beds were comfortable with nice bedding. Our room was on the opposite side of the pool and had a nice patio outside with a table and chairs. The desk staff were very accommodating and helped us arrange some outside services we needed. All in all, a great stay!

Room Tip: There is not parking on the back of the hotel away from the pool area, but there are nice patios wit...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Lynda L
lisburn
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We stayed here for 1 night and thought it was very nice very clean room with everything we needed the beds where very comfy breakfast was basic but very nice and the staff very friendly. If we are back in this area we would stay again as had such a great nights sleep. Good food and nice pub with in walking distance ie: 50 meters away

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
New Glasgow, Canada
Reviewed 4 January 2014

we spent 2 day at Super 8 across from Old Town. the hotel was very clean and good service. I found the prices fluxuated according to what was going on. Cost us $50 a night but 3 days later they wanted $85. The rooms were clean but small for 2 double beds, the internet worked great, I would stay again if the prices were decent.

Room Tip: try to get a room at the back rather that the parking lot side, very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family