“Wonderful Food and service”
Review of Beacon Deli & Portside Pub - CLOSED

Beacon Deli & Portside Pub
Price range: US$0 - US$14
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery
Description: The Beacon Deli is now closed. Thank to the wonderful customers who made the Beacon a success. We will miss serving you!
Reviewed 20 March 2012

The food was great and very reasonably priced. The service was wonderful too.

Reviewed 19 March 2012

I found this place by complete accident and it is one of the best things that could of happened! I bought (2) certificates from restaurants.com and it was the best decision I have made! From the yummy deep fried corn to the fries perfect seasoning to the delicious burgers you cant go wrong. My wife, son, and I feel like royalty when we visit. The food may take a little bit longer to come out but sitting poolside watching Disney's fireworks (Magic Kingdom) is well worth the wait. I can not wait to bring my friend who is coming down in a few weeks.

Reviewed 4 March 2012

Great food, simple down to earth place. Good people work here the staff is friendly and outgoing. In a phrase the food rocks!! Great burgers, fish and chips, mozzarella sticks, just overall super food. I love coming here the staff will treat you right.

Reviewed 23 February 2012

Had dinner with wife and 4 1/2 year old granddaughter.
My wife had a hamburger platter- massive burger for a lady to eat, and with the fries- wow !
Meat was cooked perfectly and presented hot. She started off with a salad that in most restaurants could have been the entree it was so large. Fresh non wilted vegetables within.

Granddaughter had chicken nuggets that were plentiful, probably 8 large ones along with a large amount of large french fries.

I had the Philly Cheese- Meat was top of the line, as was the cheese. Only issue was it came warm. The meat had lost some of its taste and the cheese had gotten somewhat firm. Obviously, it had sat for a while before being served, But I did not elect to send it back as it was getting late and chilly. The kitchen is not adjacent to the bar and is a far as I have ever seen, and was the reason for the poor temperature

The deli is part of an outside pool/patio bar, with nice furnishings. However, it had a space heater, but did not extend far enough to keep us comfortable.

The chef came out to sincerely ask about the food, and we did give him a good review. He was proud of using premium sliced ribeye that cooked for 5 hours- He has pride in e food and his talent.

Would certainly return, and plan to do so in June reunion for s nearby reunion. The staff is polite, courteous and really appears to strive for excellence.
This is actually on a type of new resort and the buildings are as nice as I have seen. To the point we will be staying there for the reunion

Worth the visit !!

Reviewed 16 February 2012

great food, great service. very cool place to eat. we stayed at the light house key where they are located. FANTASTIC BURGERS. great bar and great service. what else can be said. it sure is nice to go away and have such freindly people that care about what they are serving you. my daughter went crazy for there nachos as well. jon and his staff were very freindly and helpful. looking forward to going back. p.s. dont miss this place if you are in the area.

1  Thank bobby k