“Great Family Hotel”

Ranked #6 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
NJ
“Great Family Hotel”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We stayed at the Finding Nemo Art of Animation and it was perfect for my family which included my son, my wife, and I. We stayed in a suite with one bedroom, two bathrooms, and one living room with a fold out couch. This room was perfect for 3 and probably would have fit another child just fine, but any more and it might start to get tight. Everything at this hotel seemed very new, well designed, and very clean despite thousands of kids running around. The food court was pretty hectic but decent food. I recommend it for convenient, quick dining. The pool was huge and well maintained. We only went a couple times but it never seemed too busy. Overall, this hotel is perfect for a family trip to Disney. If you're looking for the quiet, remote location it may not be for you. Of course, Disney may not be for you either.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank RUFUSTFIREFLY26

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,701)
  • Korean first
London area Uk
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

So prior to going I had read mostly good reviews but a few that were not so good!

We went from August 3rd for 2 weeks and it was me, my partner and my mum! We had a standard room in the little mermaid area, before going I had read that the rooms in the mermaid section were really far from the lobby, main pool, dining, buses etc, so as soon as we arrived we drove up to our rooms thinking wow this does seem quite far! After unpacking we decided to go for a walk around the resort, we walking through the mermaid section through the lion king section and into the nemo section, we strolled and it's took us about 10 minutes, as I say we strolled and to be fair stopped along the way to take pictures, so for anyone who says the walk is long it really isn't and no way near as long as people made out it would be! When we went the hotel was full (we know this as on numerous occasions we heard people asking for a room in the lobby and the staff were simply saying we don't have any rooms available we are full) and I can honestly say that not at any one point did it seem too busy at all the little mermaid pool always had people in it day and night but was never too busy, we always chose to walk to the nemo pool as the music and atmosphere was so fun it made the mermaid pool seem too quite and boring (the under water music was pretty cool to) and as I said above it was never to crowded even though it was the main pool, they had activities going on for the children all day and it kept all the children over in one area of the pool, they also played a variety of movies by the nemo pool each night which was quite loud so I'm guessing it could potentially been quite noisy for anyone who likes an early night and is staying in the nemo section!

The food court was amazing, had read lots of reviews on how busy it gets during peak times I.e breakfast, lunch and dinner, not once did we wait long for food or to pay and never had trouble getting a table, the food was amazing especially the Mongolian beef stir fry!! I had this at least 5 times during my stay, also the make your own pasta was really yummy and super filling, the smoothies were yummy to, I could go on and on about the food at the hotel I never had a bad meal there and never got bored!

The gift shop was very colourful and happy and there was plenty to spend your money on in there, the buses where always on time and there were plenty of them, if you missed one it wouldn't be long before the next one arrived, and of an evening after fireworks they put on loads of extra buses one bus would leave full and 5 mins later another would pull in! We really never waited long for any bus!!

The mousekeepers left plenty of fun towels in our rooms every day and always left us plenty of towels to use, we bought a couple of teddies which she did fun things with each day! The rooms were just wonderful, very well themed and made you feel so happy :-) it's definitely the best value resort at disney world! The shower was powerful which was lovely! The beds were heaven! I had heard people say they were hard! How people can say they are hard I do not know!! I'd be in it for 5 mins and be sound asleep, we all commented on how comfy they were! One other thing that I had read lots was that the air con was not cold enough! We went at the hottest most humid time of the year and the air con was perfect! The room was always lovely and cool and it was so quite you couldn't hear it :-D

Stayed August 2013
6 Thank xxpeplyxx
Anaheim, California
Reviewed 1 March 2014

This is my first time posting an online review for a hotel, but as this is still a new resort and our experience was so great, I felt the need to share. We had a large group of 8 adults traveling from California, some of them, their first visit to the Walt Disney World Resort. The Magical Express shuttle dropped us off at the resort around 6:30 am, and the lobby was already well staffed so there was no wait to check in. The plan was to just check our luggage until our rooms were ready later in the afternoon (official check in time is 3:00 pm), but the hostess (who was extremely nice and courteous) was able to get us into 2 suites right next to each other immediately without having to wait.
The walk to the Cars section was short and beautifully themed. Both fun and tasteful, it really is some of Disney's finest story telling on resort property. Being from California, we have been to Cars Land at the Disneyland Resort many times and stepping into Radiator Springs here felt just like we were back home. The detail is amazing and the only reason it took any time at all to get to the room is we kept stopping to look at everything. I am a grown adult, but gosh darn it, when I go to a Disney theme park, I like being reminded that I'm at Disney.
We were in building 3 which is Luigi's Casa Della Tires. The indoor hallways were great (though a little cold in the evenings). The view was great, our suites overlooked the Cozy Cone Pool. I know some travelers have complained about the noise from the pools, but we never felt like this was an issue. This could also be because we were traveling in October which is not the height of pool season, though.
We had 4 adults in each of the two six person suites which I feel was the right number. Six would have definitely been possible, but very crowded and might have ruined a few friendships. With the partitioned master bedroom and two bathrooms, we all felt like we had our separate space. The kitchenette was great, exactly what we needed for a few quick and easy meals. We had a friend in the area who was able to make a grocery store run for us, so we had plenty of water, soda, breakfast bars, and snacks to carry us through the trip and save a lot of money on meals.
The decor for the Cars Suites is great, tasteful but fun and really clever. I did not see any of the other rooms in person, but from photos, I would say the Cars section is the most adult friendly, having mastered the blend of subtlety and fun.
As mentioned the pools were great, we only went in the evenings, but not crowded and very relaxing. The underwater music playing in The Big Blue Pool while slightly unsettling, is a great feature.
The walk to the shuttles was not bad at all, there is only one stop in front of the lobby, but as I mentioned before, the walk is very manageable and as the resort has its own dedicated buses that do not share with another resort, travel times were great. I'll even say it, better than at some of the moderate priced resorts where depending on which stop you were at, you may be out of luck for a seat by the time the bus gets to you. We did have one day where there were some extensive waits for a bus, but it was only that one day. Whether or not it had anything to do with us talking to the front desk about it, we don't know, but it was not an issue again, so we were happy.
The food court looked delicious, a step up from what I have seen at Disney resorts in the past, but as we often got back very late and we had provisions in the room (and the tiny detail we were there for Food and Wine Festival), I never actually ate there. We did take a short walk across the Generation Gap Bridge to the Pop Century Resort one of the mornings to get 'The King' cupcake as a birthday surprise for one of the people in the group (chocolate cake with banana filling, peanut butter frosting, candied bacon, and chocolate drizzle). When we got there, we couldn't find the cupcake we had heard about, but the castmembers were great when we explained what we were trying to do. They let us know they didn't usually put them out till later in the day, but asked how many we needed and brought them to us early and even provided a candle and some birthday buttons.
All in all, I really recommend the family suites if you are traveling with a large group or multiple families. The extra space and privacy is worth it and the resort itself is well above what you would think of as a 'value level.' I have stayed previously at Port Orleans French Quarter in 2000, and Caribbean Beach in 2008 and 2010 and while both were great experiences, I think this one has topped them both. We've already recommended it to others and will definitely be back ourselves.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank C_Cali14
Jamestown, Ohio
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I stayed at the Art of Animation resort & it was a great stay! Our room was so clean our entire stay! Our kids (3,5, & 6) had such a good time & loved the Finding Nemo theme. Having the kitchenette with sink was very convenient. The Finding Nemo rooms are the closest to the buses.
I would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: Finding Nemo rooms are the closest to the buses.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Boothbay Harbor, Maine
Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed at Pop and went to AoA for dinner one night. Was nice to walk across the bridge and have a different dinner option. Just did not have enough energy to go back to a park. There were more healthy options at AoA food court. The stir fry was really good. It seems to flow a bit better than Pop. While the food court is much better, the fantasy decor at AoA is a bit over the top for me.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank MissTakeOut
Tarpon Springs, Florida
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Thank you all very much for a great stay. We are two hours away by car and have stayed at most of the disney properties. My daughter (8) loves it here. We just left today and wanted to thank the front staff (who are all excellent), and especially the Disney artist Stephen, who inspired her love of drawing and made her stay extra magical!! This is the ultimate resort for children who love Disney. We will be back soon --thank you so much!!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
10 Thank Alexandrakonstas
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I always love staying on property when I visit Disney, because the transportation is so convenient. I have season passes, because I am a Florida resident I visit Disney all the time. The Art of Animation rooms are ok, but of course they're overpriced. But still, the room was really clean, and the deocr is cute. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank shel_317
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Lake Buena Vista
Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort

Been to Disney's Art of Animation Resort? Share your experiences!