“Trip of a Lifetime”

Disney's Art of Animation Resort
Ranked #8 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We travelled with 7 people in our party, two children included. The family suite was well worth the money & planning we put into it. It was a short ride to the resort from the airport via the Magical Express & it was a very short ride to each Disney park.

We were able to order groceries the week before & they were delivered directly to our room just after we checked in. We also rented a stroller & that was there as well. The staff made sure to help us get everything squared away, especially with the two kids.

The joy that the resort grounds bring to kids & adults alike is unreal. You feel like you are walking in the Cars movie, you feel like your swimming with Nemo. It is amazing.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank mefullerton
Write a ReviewReviews (7,209)

Reviewed 4 April 2014

So AMAZING!

From the time we landed we have had nothing but excellent service. Let me start off by saying that the minute you are greeted at the airport at the Disney Kiosk you feel so special and so do your kids. Not once did I ever feel like I was rushed or just another traveler. The line for the resort bus was short and the ride was comfortable and short as well.

When we arrived at the resort I was pleasantly surprised to see a crew member waiting for us outside with an Ipad for check in and our magic bands. He knew our names, what time we were arriving and he was waiting just for us! TIP: use the online check in via my disney experience. Saves time!

Got to our room and while it was not big it was just what we needed. A comfortable place to sleep and themed to please two little girls! The decor is amazing and the place was very clean and easy to get to all the rooms. And yes we stayed in the far mermaid building and the "long walk" was never dull and never felt long. With all the wonderful landscapes and statues you reach your room in no time. TIP: if you find it long then cut through the parking lot or follow the back route around the small lake between the resorts.

Everyday our room was clean and linens were changed. The bed even got changed at our request due to an accident. We tipped our housekeeper a few times and she made the room extra special for the kids but even the two days we did not leave any tip she still made a little something special. SHOUT OUT TO SYLMA! TIP: if you want fresh towels put them in your tub, it is a universal hotel sign that they are dirty and need to be changed! And yes the towels are worn so you may want some from home but honestly I used them for showering and they were just fine.

All three pools are amazing. Finding Nemo is busiest one but has a splash pad and music under the water plus a bar for adults and access only using a magic band or room card. Little mermaid pool and cars pool were less busy and just as nice. ALL ARE HEATED!

The facilities such as laundry, vending and ice machines, arcade, store, lobby, public washrooms, pathways, grounds, cafeteria and everything else is well kept, clean and very kid friendly. ALL STAFF WERE GREAT!

It is truly a magical place and for all the negative comments |I read prior to coming I can say they all seemed a little exaggerated! This place is great for families and you won;t be disappointed. STAY HERE! You won't regret it.

The transportation from all places such as airport and parks was never a problem. No long waits for buses and only twice did we have a full bus but no one complained!

If you want high class for adults then yes look else where because this place is meant for families but as for a value resort you sure great your money's worth!

Room Tip: Use check in via my disney experience app few days prior to arrival and pick your room better. We as...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
9  Thank Saundersfam
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I knew when I booked this hotel that it is only 3 stars, so do expect it to be pretty basic. I wasted 1 hour at check in as they couldn't find my reservation. To give them benefit of the doubt, I am still not sure if it is their or expedia booking fault. I do have email with confirmation from expedia. Someone booked the wrong dates, ie instead of March, on Disney system booking is for MAY! Free airport transfer is handy, make sure you read the instruction on how to register for this and bring your voucher! If unsure you need to contact front desk.

Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Asoetanto
Reviewed 2 April 2014

If you love Disney you will love this hotel. It is a great place for families and large groups with the family suites, and more affordable than the moderate and deluxe hotels. When I go to Disney I love staying right there because Disney makes it so easy to get around, however I don't want to spend a fortunate for a hotel room.

This hotel has the feel of Disney magic, and the themes are great (I think they need to make a new section based on Frozen!). Check-in was super easy, and the special notes I had made on our reservation were taken care of (we surprised my parents by celebrating their anniversary - buttons and all!).

Room Tip: The family suites are great - we had 5 adults in ours and had more than enough space. If you want t...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank CdnTravelGal79
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Loved staying here, the rooms were spacious, clean and noise free. The pools were excellent and the kids loved the splash pool. The only draw back was no cell service in the room. Would give it a 5 star rating.

Room Tip: We had the suite that slept 6 and it had a mini kitchen very roomy, two bathrooms for everyone to ha...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Kayppcd
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Loved this hotel! The suite was amazing! Super clean, awesome themes! We stayed at the lion king suite & cars suite! Dinner was good at the cafe, there pasta station was awesome! I must admit though thw breakfast I found not worth the price! The eggs seemed to be synthetic to me also there hashbrowns the same! Everything else was amazing! Favorite disney hotel so far!

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Paola O
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I'll get straight to the point:
- Airport transfer excellent, smooth and quick ride
- Check in was a breeze, room ready and luggage arrived an hr or so later
- Anytime I approached front desks there was someone ready with a smile and offering assistance
- Staff as a whole - great. Everyone was pleasant, friendly and ready to help.
- aesthetics of hotel itself is bright, vibrant, over the top theming, kids loved it - this isn't the Ritz. It's all for the children
- Cars section wins for theming. Attention to detail impressive. Very cute.
- our family didn't feel any of the sections were far away, it's an easy walk and I quite enjoyed it
- Nemo section where we stayed was great. Cleaning staff so friendly & cheerful
- Surprisingly noisy in hallways at 10:30-11:00pm. Not a big deal as it's Disney, and people are excited/happy/giddy all the time
- Two bathrooms and separate bedroom major bonus
- Room was clean, beds were just fine. I'm flabbergasted by some of these odd reviews about terrible beds?! Anyway, beds thumbs up.
Mousecleaning thumbs up - just leave a decent tip and you'll get a nicely cleaned room. Replenished soap and shampoo. (Read a lot of whiny reviews about cheap amount of toiletries)
Arranged my children's toys cutely
- one tub, one stand up shower --awesome
- mini fridge, sink, micro, coffeemaker with daily replenished teas, coffee pods, creamer, plastic cutlery, paper towels, paper bowls, plates etc greatly appreciated
- Ordered groceries from Garden Grocer - flawless order and delivery
Got Juice, milk, greek yogurt, bananas to get us going in the morning
- magic bands worked well, wasn't tempted to spend by tapping - used cash
- Cafeteria was way better than anticipated. Very clean. Staff was often cleaning/wiping and replenishing
- On occasion served by staff who were obviously in training. They were earnest and trying very hard. Totally appreciate that.
- Food was OK. Appreciated the variety. Thumbs up for "create your own salad" - good deal to pile on whatever you like (One protein choice) for 10ish bucks.
Good deals on kids meals,
Adult meals priced fairly. Didn't find it any more expensive than dining in a foodcourt in downtown Toronto
- Ditto for food in parks
-No disney dining plan....waste of money for me (my kids are still little and DH can't eat a lot in one sitting).
- I don't think there's such thing as true gourmet dining in Disney World. It seemed like mass produced, chainy grub. But we're very picky.
- Read previous reviews complaining there were no pool towels. The whole week we were there a large shelf rack on main floor by elevator of Nemo building housed a bunch of towels for pool use....
- Cars pool very quiet and cute. My kids liked swimming there - water was warmer too
- Appreciated attentiveness of lifeguards - they're always on their toes
- Big blue pool closed several times - probably due to pool soiling. Remember, Disney's full of little munchkins
- Buses....wow. Really impressed. Either I had great timing during my stay or their busses truly run efficiently. Only waited ONCE for a bus coming back from Downtown Disney
Every other time the bus was waiting. Win!
- Read earlier snobbish comments about guests. Guests here were FINE. A good mix of couples and families just wanting to enjoy Disney. Plenty of smiles and friendly small talk. No public drunkenness or excessive cigarette smoke blowing around.
- Had a late check out, luggage service held our stuff and we were able to hang out till bus arrived late afternoon
- Arcade was fun. Some of the games are duds but the kids loved them all
- Souvenir shop was well stocked - great for last minute gifts
- refillable mugs.....refill restrictions on usage & only coffee and pop? No thanks.
- We had an early morning character breakfast - Don't bother pre-orderng taxis the night before. They're already waiting early in the morning - bell staff can get in a jiffy
Cab cost around 17 bucks from AoA to Polynesian
Overall very good experience here. Clean, hospitable, lots to wow the kids.
Have to hand it to all the staff. They were so kind and helpful. Always willing to assist.

Room Tip: Cars section is very cute - great detail, and quiet smaller pool. Great for photos.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
15  Thank PetiteTravel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area
Disney's Pop Century Resort
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside

Been to Disney's Art of Animation Resort? Share your experiences!