“Nice budget hotel”

Disney's Art of Animation Resort
Ranked #9 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 11 April 2014

We have just returned from staying at this hotel, we had a nemo family suite which was located just behind the main pool and not too far from the food court/laundry/bus stops/reception. Whilst we were there the housekeeeper managed to accidentally break my sons Nexus, although she never said anything or reported it, when we reported the breakage the hotel refunded us the cost of a new Nexus without any hassle. The food court was ok - nothing special,however the staff were very friendly and helpful. We have stayed in The Animal Kingdom Lodge and also The Polynesian - although these hotels were more expensive, the food courts were all much the same. This hotel was perfect for our two boys, who loved the main pool which has music playing under the water. The service we received from all staff members at this hotel (except for one of the housekeepers) was fantastic. The suite was clean, the bed was comfortable, the shower was hot, the bath was clean, my boys had a bed each and seperate areas in the rooms and apart from one day (the day after we complained about the breakage) our room was cleaned every day. Although the housekeepers were knocking fairly early everyday - they happily came back later as were never ready. My husband is in a wheelchair and had no problems moving about the complex or our Nemo Suite with roll in shower.
My mum and Niece stayed in a Little Mermaid room, which was quite a walk away from all amenities, although they also had a pool in front of their building. My first impression of this building was a glorified butlins - however their room was clean and spacious with a bath and dressing area. The beds were comfortable and both our rooms were fairly quiet.
Beautiful lakes - we were lucky enough to see a snapping turtle laying her eggs on the edge of the lake by our building. This hotel is very close to Hollywood Studios and the buses ran regularly to all other parks. We had no problems with wifi in the rooms or main buildings - bit intermittant outside of the buildings, but we were there for the parks anyway.

1  Thank Laura T
There are newer reviews for Disney's Art of Animation Resort

Reviewed 11 April 2014

I was impressed with how well Disney carried out the Cars theme - which is where we stayed. The table that made into a bed was not only clever - but surprisingly comfortable and easy to operate. The sofabed was also really well done. Disney does a brilliant job of creating a rich environment. However, beyond the physical property, the service of the resort lacked in some key areas. For us, the food service really didn't work. The restaurant is set up as a food court with several serving areas. We found we needed to visit at least 3 of these to satisfy our group of 6. With varying wait times at each station, it was difficult to get everyone in our group through before our food was cold. Breakfast was the worst - at the time when everyone is hurrying to get to the parks by opening time, they had only 3 of 6 check-out lines staffed. The coffee pots were usually drained by 7:30 am so I found myself making coffee in my room and bringing it into the restaurant. Note: It is not convenient to get to other resort properties from Art of Animation. The only Disney transportation from "Art" takes you to a theme park or Downtown where you must transfer to get to other Disney resorts. We had planned on being able to go to some of the other restaurants, but were frustrated to learn how difficult this was.

On a final note, we had a very strange experience - surprising service for an organization that also runs the Disney Institute. On our 2nd day at Disney, a staff person delivered groceries to our room at 2:00pm. We questioned this, as we had not ordered groceries, but figured it was a friend from home who was looking out for us. That evening, we split the groceries between our 2 suites and started enjoying our bounty. At 10:30 that evening, the same staff person returned, stating they had delivered the groceries in error and were coming to retrieve them! We explained that the groceries had been split up and partially consumed, and he left. However, we were a bit shocked to think Disney would even consider returning this food to their other guests after it had been in our possession. All in all, Rooms & Parks - 4/ Food - 2.

Room Tip: Stay in Cars! Besides the main pool, which is huge and very busy, Cars has its own very quiet pool...
2  Thank Tamara B
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Long walk to get to food court and bus stop. Check in was quick and front desk was helpful. Our room was clean and well maintained. Mattress was uncomfortable. We will probably stay at another Disney resort next time.

1  Thank 99Stitch
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We just returned from a Disney Spring Break trip with our family. This was our first stay at the art of animation. It was very beautifully decorated and a cozy suite. However, there was absolutely no cell service(AT&T ) and the Wi-fi was very intermitent . This made it difficult for making plans and meeting up with our family in the area.

Room Tip: I would book a Nemo room/suite when we go back. Good location!
3  Thank Tiffany L
Reviewed 10 April 2014

This was the first Disney property I have stayed at and I was less then impressed. While I recognize it was not ever marketed as a high end hotel I have to admit that even for the value resort experience I was somewhat underwhelmed. The Nemo Family suite was clean and colorful but there were noticable budget based decisions all over the room. The one that irked me the most was that they only supple "conditioning shampoo" . Also, the hotel towels were pitiful. One ended up feeling like everything that was put into the room was probably of the same quality which really detracted from what the resort had going for it. And what it had going for it was the Disney spirit that you won't get elsewhere. That said, the disadvantage to staying at a Disney property is that we found it hard to escape the high energy level of the parks. By the second day we really wanted to have a few moments of quiet but pretty much had to stay in the room to do that. On the flipside, the transportation from the airport, to the parks and to the cruise in Port Canaveral was all extremely smooth. I loved having all of our luggage picked up and delivered for us to the hotel so we could really just jump into enjoying. I am not sure it was worth the amount we paid to stay at the resort though. While I am really glad to have had the disney hotel experience, one I have wanted to have for the last 3 decades, I think next time we will try a non Disney to compare.

4  Thank Elisa7
Reviewed 9 April 2014

We just got back and loved this hotel. Check in was a breeze (I did on line, I highly recommend it - the line for regular check in was pretty long). We had a Nemo Suite and were in building 4 near the pool on the third floor. The room was great - plenty of room for the 5 of us. Housekeeping was amazing, leaving different towel animals on all the beds and in the bathrooms every day! The pool was great - the life guards are really on the ball. We only went to the food court a couple of times, but it was pretty good. I was scared of it after reading some reviews - but pleasantly surprised with the healthy choices and the pretty good food. No big crowds and plenty of seating too. Getting anywhere was pretty easy. We both drove and used buses so I can speak to both. We never waited for a bus more than about 10 minutes anywhere. My husband had a long wait for a monorail back to parking one night after fireworks at Magic Kingdom though. The gift shop was nice, lots of selection and lots of "oops I forgot" items I luckily didn't need. The kids loved the arcade.

Overall it was a good experience. We would absolutely stay here again!

Room Tip: ask for one near the pool, it's also close to the laundry
4  Thank Susan L
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

Well where do I start I believe since I booked on Expedia that they put me all the way to the back of the resort. All of the vending machines were out of order which made a long trip to the front for a snack or drink a long way and twice the price. There were also no blankets in the room which I found a little weird. Also no TV guide when you have children it's a must. The food however was amazing a little pricey but it is disney. Would I stay again probably not I also am handicap so the walk was way too long.

Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank Katiegirl79
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Lake Buena Vista
Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort

Been to Disney's Art of Animation Resort? Share your experiences!