“2-week Disney vacay”

Disney's Art of Animation Resort
Ranked #9 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 14 June 2014

My son and I stayed at The Art of Animation resort for 2 weeks while visiting Disney World. The resort is absolutely amazing. We stayed in the Little Mermaid rooms which I was worried were gonna feel to cluttered with all out stuff, but there was plenty of places for storage (hint: I brought extra clothes hangers with me to hang up most of my clothes). The Little Mermaid area is a long walk from the buses and lobby, but not unbearable. The statues and decor of the entire resort was so beautifully done. We walked the whole resort and swam in every pool. Our favorite was the Cozy Cone pool in the Cars section due to the cute theming. The food court was great, my son didn't care for the food though (he's an extremely picky eater). The staff was very friendly and helped me with all of my questions. We definitely will be staying here again next time we come to Disney.

Room Tip: Mermaid rooms are the furthest away from the buses so be prepared for a long walk although the rooms...
7  Thank Courtney0125

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Just got back form a week long trip to Orlando (May '14).
This is a wonderful family resort well located in the WDW complex.
We stayed in a family suite in the Lion King area and despite being use to Disney theming and attention to detail I was still very impressed.
The room was spacious, with a main ensuite bed room and two more double beds, one a sofa bed in the living room and the other an ingenious table conversion.
A second bathroom and small kitchenette (with fridge and microwave) completed the room.
The pool was huge and there was a movie screening there every evening.
This resort is one of Disney's motel style properties so rooms are located in separate (themed) buildings and the is a central complex for all front of house (reception / concierge) and common services such as shop and quick serve restaurant. It can get a little "mad" there at times which was maybe not helped by some minor reservation works going on in the restaurant but it was still big enough to cope, provided the perfect service and the staff were as usual absolutely amazing.
Busses to the parks were running about every 20 minutes.
My daughter and I absolutely loved our week.
This new location is great value and absolutely worth considering.

Two little final notes, since my last visit (to a different resort) some four years ago Disney has added a free online check in and boarding pass printing service.... Great idea.
If available to you and your trip is focused on the Disney parks the dining plan is definitely worth considering.

Room Tip: Lion king zone is close enough to main complex with out being too close to pool.
6  Thank Jonah71
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I would have like the rooms to have been connected to the restaurant. It rains everyday in the summer. Having to time dinner or lunch between rain showers is not fun! The day we were leaving I was extremely disappointed in the resort and their staff/management. We were getting ready to leave. Car was packed and we were ready to head out. One of their staff stopped me to tell me Mickey was by the front desks waiting to say hi to my son. Now, mind you my son heard this. We headed right inside to see Mickey walking away. Ok- well Donald was there. We walk over and stood in-line for about 5 mins to be told the family in front of use would be the last family to see Donald. I told the staff member we were leaving and were told to come in here. He told me, that didn't matter. Donald was leaving. Now, my 4 year old is crying. I go to the front desk to speak to a manager. As the manager comes over Donald is walking by us.. As I tell the manager and Donald is 10 feet away- she tells me this is the policy . If we would wait- 20 mins we could see Donald or Mickey. Well, needless to say, our flight would not wait. So now I have a 4 year old asking me why Donald and Mickey didn't want to see him after the lady said they did.... Really... Some times you need to skip policy's to make a exceptions. I will not ever be staying at this resort again. It's a magical place and should always be kept a magical place for children!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014
6  Thank Stefanivacation
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Had 2 weeks at the Art of Animation Resort and can't praise it enough. Staff were fab, Hotel is still like new; very clean and tidy (they were re-doing the restaurant as we left?!) 2 minutes from Hollywood Studios. Cars suites are fab, fairly basic but have everything you could need and in character and always cleaned well. Always entertained by the towel creations! Expensive hotel but still worth it.

Room Tip: Had a top floor room overlooking pool in Cars area; but I bet there are no bad rooms.
3  Thank Stevemichael
Reviewed 12 June 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at the Art of Animation with our two grandchildren and we all loved this place. We were in the Little Mermaid section and didn't find the walk to be as far as we anticipated for the bus or restaurant. In the Cars section the pool area has Cozy Cones which are really cool. They provide both shade and ventilation and we luckily found an empty one to use on the day we went over to that area. Our grandkids (boy 9 and girl 7) were quite impressed with the room. The room was efficiently designed with both shelves and drawers to provide adequate storage space.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank Beth529
Reviewed 12 June 2014

My 5yo LOVED the Little Mermaid room. DH & I couldn't wait to get to our deluxe property. Great theme, usual top notch Disney attention to detail. But, behind the curtain, it is a motel. Families and chaos everywhere you turned. Great value. Kids will love it. Me, no matter how much time is spent at the park, I like a little more luxury to come "home" to. .

Room Tip: The Big Nemo Pool is FAR from Little Mermaid. Under water music is cute for a minute, but, I'd j...
5  Thank brooklynola
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Stayed in this Disney property for almost a week last May,2014. We had a family suite on the 1st floor at the Finding Nemo building. The room was quite comfortable and spacious for our family of 6. Very near the park shuttles and the restaurant. Pool was in front of our room but noise was almost non-existent. There were beverage/ice vendo alternating with snack vendos in each floor for those times when you're too lazy to go to the hotel restaurant. Customer service was excellent (as expected of a Disney property). A far cry from when we moved to a Universal property hotel. Staff were very cheerful and helpful. Disney does spoil all their guests! Food was great but a little more variety would be much appreciated especially for those visitors who are staying for more than 3 days. Shuttle service is not shared with other hotels and goes directly to parks. The fast pass online reservation that comes with staying at a Disney hotel was a great plus! Staying at this wonderful hotel added to a truly memorable Disney vacation!

Room Tip: The Finding Nemo building is nearer to the restaurant and the shuttle buses than the other buildings...
6  Thank AMI2001
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Lake Buena Vista
Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort

Been to Disney's Art of Animation Resort? Share your experiences!