“Nice Disney Vacation for a 1st timer!”

Disney's Art of Animation Resort
Ranked #6 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Astoria, NY
“Nice Disney Vacation for a 1st timer!”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed at this resort from July 14, 2014 to July 19, 2014. It was nice. The walk from the main entrance to the Little Mermaid section wasn't long at all. I am out of shape and the walking didn't bother me at all. The walk is no more than 5 minutes. I live in New York. In New York, there are blocks longer than path between the lobby and the Little Mermaid section. The food in the cafeteria can be a hit or miss. The first night I wasn't too crazy about their pizzas. However, I found the other selection of foods to be very good. My advice is to bring lots of money and eat at the parks. I think the foods at the parks are much better than at this resort. I don't swim. So, I didn't go into the pools. However, I observed people were having a great time in and around the pools at this resort. I would love to come back to this resort in the future.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank KLH0609

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,677)
  • Korean first
Edinburg, Texas
Reviewed 21 July 2014

The staff was awesome. So friendly and helpful. The hotel grounds are beautiful with so much to see. Very family friendly. Will definitely stay again. Only small complaint: we wished the menu would change daily.

Room Tip: Some rooms are all indoors and some are like a motel with outside access. Ask ahead if it makes a di...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank NeldaR1313
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

My 4 year old was amazed. The detail that Disney puts in all of their parks and resorts made our stay so magical. Everyone is so happy and helpful. Definately recommend this resort. We stayed in a Cars suite. Loved it!

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank mshickman
Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Well what can I say?? I've never taken the time to review a hotel before but this hotel is completely amazing! We're a family of 3 with a 13 year old daughter although she was 12 when we stayed here.

We travelled from Scotland in October 2013 and stayed in a Little Mermaid room. This was our 4th trip to Florida as a family but our first time staying on Disney property. We previously stayed on International Drive but never again! It's Disney all the way for us now!

Our building was the furthest from Animation Hall but it was such a lovely walk past all of the other areas that we didn't mind at all. There was a car park right beside our building and because we always hire a car it was very convenient.

The rooms were beautifully designed and my daughter particularly liked the tiles in the bathroom which were in keeping with the Little Mermaid theme. The room was clean and we had enough space and storage for the 3 of us.

The pool area looked lovely although we had such a packed itinery that we didn't actually get a chance to go in it! We'll definitely go in next time.

The restaurant was nice but pricey although it is Disney so we expected this. It wasn't worth our while buying the dining plan as we didn't spend anything like the amount on food to get our money's worth. We've booked to go back again in October 2015 and opted out of buying the dining plan again.

The gift shop was great and we picked up a few bits and pieces to take home. The free wifi in all Disney areas was a great bonus too as we had Magic Bands and were able to use the free Disney app to pre-book fast passes for all the parks.

All in all a brilliant experience and one I would highly recommend. We can't wait to go back next year!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
7 Thank Pam0409
Iowa
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Upon arriving into the art of animation we had no idea about the Disney experience, we were greeted by Zachary very nice kid who presents himself in the Disney way. Not only did he interact with me but he made my children feel important. He was very professional, very kind, and he seems like he had all of the materials to be Disney employee! He helped us upgrade to a beautiful room and answered all of our questions! We saw him throughout the week and he always remember our names. We will be back to Disney!! A big thank you to Zachary!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Michael G
Wadsworth, Ohio
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

After a horrible experience elsewhere in the Disney complex we were transferred to this resort and we loved it. Nice pools, quiet, well kept rooms and very cool themes. Great for families. On sight dining is convenient. We will stay here again.

Stayed July 2014
5 Thank Polkadot72
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

I just completed a 6 night stay in a Lion King Suite with the family. It was very spacious. The 2 bathrooms came in handy when getting ready to go to the parks. The main pool was gigantic and no matter how many people where there, didn't see crowded. I like to try different hotels each time I go to Disney, but after staying here I think this will be my go to hotel on future trips.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
7 Thank jpk05
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Lake Buena Vista
Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort

Been to Disney's Art of Animation Resort? Share your experiences!