“Kid Friendly, Clean, Entertaining”

Disney's Art of Animation Resort
Ranked #6 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Florida
“Kid Friendly, Clean, Entertaining”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We stayed in the Lion King Suite. Check in was super quick. I really appreciated that they have lots of Cast Members and plenty of space to check in guests rather quickly.

Parking was a bit hectic since there were some areas that were under construction. My recommendation is to stop by the main entrance and drop your luggage. It's quite a bit of space between the parking lot and most rooms (of course depending on what bldg you are staying).

Our room was awesome. We went for my son's birthday and he was simply super excited to see Simba, Timon, Pumba. Disney made sure to add lots of details and personal touches. The Lion King Suites are pretty much in between the main pool and the little pool by the Little Mermaid. Although not terrible, the walk can be a pain during the humid hot summers of Orlando or in you get caught up in a storm. The room had plenty of space, a small kitchenette and all of the amenities described on the Disney website.

The main pool is fantastic! My son truly enjoyed the Splash Pad with Finding Nemo Characters. The zero entry pool is great too. The Jellyfish around the pool are great for a refreshing time. At check in, they told us that if you submerge our head under water, you can hear the Finding Nemo characters talking. That was a very cool experience :)

The hotel is close to the ESPN Wide World of Sports and it has easy access to Downtown Disney, Hollywood Studios and Typhoon Lagoon.

Overall, I loved this hotel! Probably one of the most kid friendly resorts on Disney property.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank FloridaKtalina

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,737)
  • Korean first
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed in a Nemo suite. The suite aspect of the room was great in that three adults and three kids had plenty of sleeping space. I think the common areas like the hallways in the rooms buildings feel very budget, however. The elevator looks like a parking garage elevator. I don't think the prices for the suites are very budget-friendly, however. I would have liked to see a lower price on the suites. The charge is more like what you'd expect for a moderate resort, but there are many details that feel very budget. Now for the good stuff: the pool and spray play re great, my kids basically think this is the greatest hotel ever, and the food court has an astounding variety of selections. I like the separate bedroom option which meant the adults didn't have to go to bed when the kids slept. The staff was friendly, check-in was efficient, and the magic bands are convenient and fun. All in all, it's Disney, which means it's a fun time.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank 794katherineg
West Deptford
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed at Disney's Art of Animation in the Finding Nemo Family Suite and I can't say enough great things about this place. The minute we got there a cast member met us at the door when we got off the magical express with packet in his hands and smile on his face. He had all of our documents with our room number and everything we needed. We told him it was our first time in Disney and celebrating our son's Birthday and he gave us all special pins. We went to our family room suite that had plenty of room to sleep all 6 of us. All the beds were very comfortable and everything was very clean. The pool was amazing and the temperature was just right! The cafeteria was excellent. All the food they made was delicious! I was so pleasantly surprised! All of the staff (cast members) were so nice and very helpful. The next time I go to Disney World I will defiantly be staying here again! I say you will defiantly love it!

Stayed July 2014
8 Thank kat1628
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This resort is the best-themed resort that we have been to. (We have stayed or visited all the All Star resorts and some of the others.) Even my teenagers were awed by the big characters and wanted pictures by each one. It just makes you happy being there.

We stayed in the Mermaid rooms. They were normal for a value-sized room at Disney, but smaller and a lot more expensive than any of the non-Disney hotels we have stayed at. BUT it was worth it if you and your family love the animated side of Disney. We appreciated the curtain that divides the sink area from the beds for the privacy of getting dressed while someone is in the bathroom taking a shower and someone else is watching TV.

The food court is noisy and seemed more expensive than most counter service places at Disney. The food was good but not great. (It cost $36 for 3 adult meals - with no drinks. Whereas, at Magic Kingdom we were able to get 4 adult meals for $40.)

We had a very little wait time for buses, the rooms were clean, and we would stay here again!

Room Tip: You can order a large peperoni pizza for about $16.50 - makes for a cheap family meal!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank 4Disney71
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

I loved our stay at the Art of Animation! My family of 5,( my husband and myself plus our kids, ages 6,4, and 1) and my best friend stayed in a Finding Nemo family suite. We were in building 5 right behind crush on the first floor. Our room overlooked the lake toward pop century. I loved our room! We had a ton of space. Disney defiantly goes the extra mile to make you feel special. The hotel staff was amazing. Housecleaning did a fabulous job daily and would often leave their own personal touches to the cleaning job. We would get fresh Mickey shampoo and soap almost daily. This was my children's first time at disney. The hotel staff left us a message on our room phone "from Goofy" welcoming them to disney. The food court area was very close to our room. We are there at least once a day if not more. The food was very good as was the variety. The Nemo pool and splash pad was awesome. They had music that is played underwater which my son loved. They had an area that was shallow enough my 1 year old could walk in herself. They all 3 loved the splash pad. The only complaint I had was about the laundry room. It rained while we were there which it often does in the summer in Florida causing us to go through clothes a little quicker. When you go to wash your clothes it does not tell you the water temperature prior to making a wash selection. In fact all of them are either warm or hot. I would have liked the option to choose and change the water temperature on the washers. Other than that, our stay was simple magical. Already thinking about when to return!

• Stayed July 2014
5 Thank Jessica H
Brampton, Canada
Reviewed 22 July 2014

So basically this resort is composed of 4 main room buildings. The Lion King suites, The Finding Nemo suites and the the Cars suites. These are all suites meaning they are larger than standard. They have interior corridors and they are more expensive. If you are staying in a standard room which is the little mermaid section, you will be staying the farthest from the main building (animation hall). You will have to walk through the lion king section to get to animation hall. That was the only factual message I wanted to get across. Thanks!

Room Tip: 1st floor to not waste time in the elevators or you can stay 4th floor to keep from noise. Request a...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Cameron B
Sanford, Maine
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We made the mistake of coming here AFTER staying at Bay Lake Towers. You shouldn't compare them. AOA was clean and fun. The pool was hilariously fun. My kiddos aged 10,12, and 13 loved it. The food was surprisingly good for a cafeteria style set up. The room was ok. It seemed small and space was tight for the 6 of us. The sleeper couch was just ok to sleep on. The halls were so noisy. My kids complained that they had trouble sleeping cause kids were running up and down the halls even at midnight. This place is ok if you have 4 people and a stretch for 5. If you're only going to sleep here, I say it's great.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Lake Buena Vista
Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort

Been to Disney's Art of Animation Resort? Share your experiences!