Our stay ended up deserving a rating of 4 but it could easily have ended up being a 1. The quality of a stay at the Westgate Towers is highly dependent on the room you are assigned. We arrived for a 5 night stay mid-morning after a very early flight and the front desk was very accommodating in finding a room available so we could lay down for awhile. We were given a "B" studio room which had a bizarre layout. The tub was right there in the bedroom with zero privacy and the sink for the bathroom was also in the room so one couldn't wash up without disturbing your companion. We were willing to live with that, but the killer was that it was a connecting room to an "A" level room and there is no real insulation between the rooms. When the person next door sneezed it sounded like they were in the same room with you. Even talking at a normal level you could hear every word clearly the people next door were saying. We knew sleep would be a problem and we couldn't abide that for 5 nights so we requested a room change. We were fortunate to be given a studio in the older wing that had no connecting room. True it had no tub and an older model TV, but it had a full kitchen rather than a kitchenette and also had a washer/dryer combo. Best of all it was super quiet all week as if we had the wing to ourselves. We took advantage of the on site pool as well as the recreational activities at the adjacent Westgate community. The hotel is 1 mile from the access road to Disney World and close to a wide choice of restaurants and shops as well as nearby grocery stores. Wi-Fi cost us about $8 a day which is not out of line with many hotels, although the obvious trend is for free Internet. The service was very fast but it had the bizarre rule that you could only connect one device at a time. Bottom line is that we would stay here in the future if and only if we were guaranteed to get the same type of room and location as we had this stay, otherwise we would give this place a pass.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oversized Villas with All the Comforts of Home Westgate Towers Resort in Kissimmee, Florida, is a Disney area hotel that offers guests all the comforts of a fully furnished home with accommodations ranging from studios to spacious one- and two-bedroom villas, all within minutes of Orlando's world-famous theme parks and attractions. With a variety of onsite amenities, including three heated outdoor pools, your dream vacation is waiting at Westgate Towers Resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotelopia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Westgate Towers Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westgate Towers Hotel Kissimmee
- Westgate Hotel Kissimmee
- Westgate Resort Kissimmee
- Westgate Towers Resort Kissimmee, Florida