“Lots of room”

Ranked #32 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Vero Beach, Florida
“Lots of room”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

The eminities were more than anticipated and our overall experience was excellent. We would definately recommend the Westgate to others and expect to stay again in the future. We were unable to use any of the kids activities due to our schedules and cannot comment on them.

Room Tip: Rooms were quiet and clean.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Debbie C
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Towers Resort, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
We thank you for a great review! We are thrilled to know that your experience with us was excellent. We will certainly welcome anyone at our resorts with open arms, thank you for wanting to share your experience! We hope to see you soon!

Ray

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Plattsburgh, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

This was a pleasant surprise to be found in the heart of Disney. We were there not experience Disney but just relax and we found this hotel very convenient. We stayed in a renovated 1 bedroom, which we were completely impressed with. The kitchen had everything we could possibly need, we made breakfast and dinner in the room very easily. The staff however is where our stay really shined. There was a small leak in our master bathroom ceiling that started at midnight. Within moment of us calling and reporting the issue there was a staff member in our room fixing the problem. They "fixed" it till the morning, then moved us to another room (even moved our bags while we were gone). It was great speedy service.

My only word of caution is we found the pool noise to go a bit late into the night, making relaxing in your room a bit tough, I do want to note we were there during spring break so families are to be expected and that could be poor planning on our part.

A great,affordable find that gives you all the amenities of home. Will be staying again! The staff is outstanding!!!!

Room Tip: Room near the pools offer a great view and I love the doors that open wide, but night time noise can...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Seltzerbean21
Thank you for sharing your vacation experience with us. It is a real pleasure to know we have succeeded in providing a quality vacation experience that exceeded your expectations. Our team members take great pride in providing great service to all our guests. We look forward to having you stay with us again next time you are in the Orlando area.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

This is the second Westgate property I've stayed in. As usual the suites are clean and updated. I actually was given an recently upgraded Two bedroom suite with two jacuzzi s .
The pools are nice and heated which was good because at night it was a bit cool. There were some drunk people hangout outside the pool area, but I guess someone told them to keep the noise down (after 11pm) The only negatives I had is the the jacuzzi in the king bedroom was small. I stayed in the Town Center and I had a Roman sized Bath. The website showed this too however, was just a one person size. The other negative was I had no housekeeping service. When I asked about this I was told it depends on the arrangement you made at the time of booking. I do not recall seeing this online and never had to do this at the Towers. at any rate it was a nice place and you have access to the Westgate Villas is the back of this property.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank MikeJ992
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We are so happy that you had a great time. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed our outdoor pools and Jacuzzi tubs. At Westgate we have so much to offer and we are pleased to know that you were able to enjoy them. We am sorry to hear about the housekeeping issues you encountered. As a timeshare resort our housekeeping schedule does run a little differently however there is no excuse. We are always looking for areas in which to improve. We hope to have another chance at providing you with a wonderful stay!

Barboursville, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

Stayed there for 2 nights in April 2014. The first night was just fine. The second night was horrible. First of all the pool outside my room was listed as closed at 8pm. I had to call the front desk at 9:30 to get the pool closed. There were a bunch of kids hooting and hollaring outside and making a lot of noise. There was another pool that closed at 11 and they could have moved there. Next there was a dog in the room next to me that howled all evening until the owners came in. It was not something I expected to hear. I called the front desk but of course they could not do anything about it since the owners were not there. I will never stay there again.

Room Tip: Don't get near a pool or a dog.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank bonnietalk
Thank you for your feedback. It was a delight to have you stay us. We understand you had some concerns during your stay. Guest feedback is vital so we can provide the best service we can. We appreciate you choosing us for your stay and hope you provide us with the pleasure again in the future!

Vic
Newfoundland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

We stayed there for two nights while visiting Disney, we arrived at 9:00am and was welcomed by Edwin Pillot and he was able to check us into our room right away without any problems. The room was a Studio (Villa) and it was more than we expected, it was very clean and tidy and it was one of the best rooms we ever stayed in. One of the main reasons we stayed there was to take advantage of the shuttle service to Disney, but it only went to Epcot and returned at 10pm from there, it was too early for us because the fireworks at Magic Kingdom doesn't start until 10PM and we didn't want to miss it. The only problem with the room was the location, it was on the ground floor next to the pool and children were playing and screaming late into the night. We will get one on the top floor next time. We would like to thank Jose and Candy for doing a great job cleaning our room. We will be staying there again. The hotel is in a great location for places to eat , the Outlet Mall is very close and Disney is only five minutes away.

Room Tip: Stay near the top floors
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Skipper12312
We appreciate your review! Thank you so much, it is a real pleasure to know we have succeeded in providing a quality vacation experience that exceeded your expectations. Knowing you enjoyed all of our great amenities is wonderful. On behalf of the entire Westgate team, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to having you back very soon!

New Port Richey, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

What I liked about the room/experience:

The size of the room. It was huge! Even the galley kitchen was big enough to 2 Pooh-sized gals to walk around in.
The cleanliness. Everything was clean. No bugs to be seen and I even checked for bedbugs.
The inside of the resort was beautiful as well. Lots of lobby areas to relax.
The bed. It was so soft! One of my main fears about traveling to a resort is not having enough pillows. This time was worse because I forgot to bring one of my own. I had no reason to fear. Lots of pillows and extra ones in the closet. Plus, unlike the current trend at hotels (even Disney ones) this hotel actually had a fluffy comforter on the bed. It was white too so you can tell if it is dirty or not.
The TV in the living room area has a DVD player with a USB port. My husband and I like bringing our own movies and this feature is a HUGE plus to me!
What I didn’t like about the room/experience:

The parking situation. It was crazy! When I checked in I was given a map on where to park based on my room location. They even drew on the map how to get there. I left to go to my destination and returned to the resort about midnight. I was tired and just wanted to go to bed. I went the way directed and a gate was in place and locked. Another car had followed me so I was stuck for a moment as 2 cars try to back up and out of a small space. After that I go the long way to get the parking area. That was a mistake. All the spots were full. One handicapped space was open and the 4-5 cars were taking turns backing into the spot and turning around. Somehow I ended up waiting and a car behind me didn’t see the gate was closed and was honking at me to move. Hmmm…what was I supposed to do hit the gate, lol :) Thankfully, someone came and opened the gate for me to get out. I went back to front desk and they told me I could park in the check in parking because I was only staying one night. They close the gate at 11 for safety reasons. In my opinion if you are going to have a gate for safety reasons at least leave it open for all the tourists coming back from the theme parks or have a guarded gate and make it where only guests get in.
This next reason is not a reason to completely count out this resort but it is one to consider. The decor is outdated in the rooms. It gives a 80′s feeling or older. No outlets to be found near the bed. I had to charge my phone and camera batteries either in the bathroom or kitchen. If more than a couple people were going to use this room a power cord would be very useful.
The rooms have blinds, but not curtains over them so the room does not get completely pitch dark. This trip it didn’t effect me much since I was going to rope drop the next morning and was going to be up early. I am going to the #rockyourdisneyside party and I am going to be going to sleep around 6:30am and know I want the room to be pitch black so I can sleep.
The air conditioning didn’t cool. Thank goodness for the ceiling fans. I love sleeping in a very cool room. We set the thermostat for 70 degrees. It was 77 degrees when we got into the room, 75 degrees after waking up, and 77 again after taking our hot showers. I am thinking maybe the air conditioning units are about as old as the decor.
The staff was so-so. Some were nice, some were kind of rude. The rude people I encountered could have been more my fault as I was tired and frustrated by the parking situation.
CHeck out more reviews at http://pixiedustsavings.com

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank pixiedustsavings
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Towers Resort, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Thank you very much for your fantastic review! I am so pleased to know that you enjoyed the size of your villa, as well as the amenities. Thank you for letting us know that the air conditioning unit was not working 100%. We will review this with our maintenance team to prevent further issues. With the size of our resort, parking can become challenging and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that may cause. We want to assure you that we care about each of our guests and we do everything we can to accommodate them. We appreciate your feedback; it can only make us better. It is our hope to have another opportunity to provide you with a relaxing stay.

West Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

This seemed to be a regular hotel at first (compared to other Westgate Resorts) but having stayed in one of the rooms with private balcony/direct access to the pool made all the difference in the world!!! I would definitely go back to this unit!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank renatobarcellos
Thanks for posting a wonderful review! It is always great to hear when our guests have a fantastic time with us! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the balcony unit. We have so much to offer and are pleased you were able to come and enjoy yourself.