“Overall Satisfied, a few issues though”

Westgate Towers Resort
Ranked #32 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
“Overall Satisfied, a few issues though”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

My husband and I are owners at Westgate Lakes, but stayed at the Towers due to a last minute booking (everything else was full). I definitely like the Lakes better for resort size, grounds, amenities, and accommodations. The Towers resort itself is small, with just 3 pools and a few buildings, however, the Westgate Vacation Villas (very large, lots of amenities) is just down the road, and guests at the Towers can use all the Vacation Villas amenities, so that is nice! Our 1 bedroom was a good size and clean, but the rooms and resort could use some updating! For example, the stove still had one of the old style small knob timers on it that kept going off randomly, but it did work fine :). Also, a bit Miami Vice on the decor- lots of white. No big deal, just could use some modernization. The Towers staff that we interacted with throughout the week were all very friendly and helpful. And the location of the resort was very convenient.

Another note- on the Westgate website it says all the rooms at the Towers have a balcony or patio....which is technically true, but our room and many others only really have sliding glass doors with a few inches of space between the doors and the "balcony" railing, so you can't sit outside or anything- if you want to be on the "balcony", the door to the room has to be open, letting the AC out. We were fine with it as we didn't spend a ton of time hanging out in our room, but wanted to mention so other travelers are aware.

The issues- WESTGATE OWNERS, heads up- the major one was with the timeshare aspect- as owners, we were called and asked (or told, really) that we needed to go over to the Town Center at the Villas to fill out a "maintenance survey" that would take 20 minutes, and we'd get a mystery $50 gift certificate/card. Well, this turned out to take an hour out of our day, with a salesperson trying to get us to either upgrade or "sign off" on our "upgrade opportunity." Granted, once we made it very clear we weren't interested, they sort of tried to get us out of the quickly, but I felt misled and it was irritating- kind of perpetuates the negative rep that timeshare sales gets! Also, the gift cert was just to the on-site restaurant (DRAFTS Bar & Grill), and they gave us a piece of paper, but didn't tell us we had to go to a different desk to get the actual "vouchers" (2 $25 vouchers). So, when we went to use it, my husband then got the runaround to 3 or 4 different places at the Villas to try to accomplish this, and kept being told it was someone else's job to handle! Until he finally got upset with the last staff member, who then magically was able to do it herself- needless to say he wasn't happy. Used one voucher for the breakfast buffet, which was mediocre at best. The other voucher we used to order food to go the next day- another annoying experience, as we called and were told we couldn't order over the phone because apparently people order food and don't pick it up?! Not my problem! We were pressed for time and I finally got them to take my order, but the whole thing was just ridiculous!

Also for owners- they have an owner's BBQ on Mondays at the Villas- food was good, but the lines were very long, and no one actually checks to see if the attendees are owners (many people were guests renting rooms), so I'm sure that made it much more crowded than it should've been!

Also, with only 3 pools right on site at the Towers, 2 of which closed at dusk, the only open pool was very busy and full of kids in the evenings, so when we wanted to just step outside to a pool and relax, we really couldn't. I do understand that the Orlando Westgates are very family oriented due to proximity to the parks (which we took advantage of as well!), but it would be nice to maybe have one adults only pool at each resort. Not all of us who visit Orlando have kids!

Room Tip: Ask if your room has an actual balcony or patio that you can sit on, vs. just a balcony railing, if...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JL F
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Towers Resort, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your travel experience at the Westgate Towers Resort, with others here on TripAdvisor.

We are happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of our prime location, close to the attractions.

We were however, sorry to hear about your experience with sales and the difficulty you had when trying to collect your certificates, but relieved it was able to resolved.

Our goal with TripAdvisor is to create a safe and open line of communication between owners, guests, and Westgate Resorts. As always comments both positive and negative are appreciated to assist making a better resort stay for future guests.

Your feedback regarding the owner’s barbecue and an adult only pool will be shared with our team for further review and consideration.

We would like to thank you again for sharing your experience with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Katrina

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

We had an excellent stay at this resort. We were in the Orlando area for a softball national tournament. We were there for 10 days. The room was magnificent and huge. We had a two bedroom tower suite, and there were no complaints. The kids bedroom had two double beds in it, and access to the bathroom. The main bedroom had a huge king size bed, a walk in shower, and an enormous whirlpool bathtub. The resort itself is a humongous complex with a few towers and villas scattered around. It also had a bar and grill, grocery store, Starbucks, and a game room for kids in the facility. There were also many pools and activities to do at the resort. Would love to return for just vacation.

2 Thank Josh O
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Towers Resort, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Thank you for your incredible comments and sincere recommendation. Nothing is more rewarding than reading the inspiring feedback from another satisfied guest, and we greatly appreciate your review. We hope to surpass your expectations again during your next visit!

Oelwein, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

My families stay and vacation were wonderful thanks to Westgate. My wife, daughter, and myself are all owners at Westgate Towers. My son is not yet 18 years old, but when he is he will also be a owner at Westgate. My wife and I have been owners at Westgate for several years but this was our first stay at Westgate Towers. This location turned out to be perfect. The facilities as well as the accessibility to Disney and many other area attractions is ideal. We did experience some minor problems with one of our three bathrooms and the washer but the Westgate staff resolved these problems promptly. We will be recommending Westgate and the Westgate Towers to our family and friends planning a vacation to the Orlando-Kissimmee Area. Thank you Westgate and we look forward to spending the week with you again soon.

1 Thank lapa110
Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely comments. We could not be happier to know you thoroughly enjoyed our location, accommodations, and unique selection of Resort amenities we offer. As a Westgate Owner it was an honor to have you stay with us. We can't wait to see you again!

Kissimmee, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

My month long stay at the Westgate Towers, Kissimmee.

I am just wrapping up an extended stay at this resort. I intended to stay for a week and ended up booking 3 extra weeks. My experience was seamless. From the hotel manager, Debbie Carrillo to the front desk Concierge, Tony Regalado, everybody was extremely pleasant. The resort was top notch in every aspect.

Location - A+ In the middle of everything. Within walking distance to any amenity you want. From restaurants to clothing stores to attractions, just about everything is close by.

Cleanliness - A+ Housekeeping came around everyday to clean the room and bring you fresh sheets and towels. When called upon, the response time was very fast.

Hospitality - A+ All staff was polite and addressed you accordingly. From a warm "good morning" in the A.M. to a pleasant "good night" int the P.M. Everyone had a great attitude.

Customer service - A+ From speaking on the phone to dealing with them in person, everyone was courteous and accommodating.

My stay was a special situation. My brother is a paraplegic and requires some very special requests. From day one, the Westgate staff was extremely accommodating. We received a wheelchair accessible room, we extended an extra day and they kept us in the same room at a moments notice. When we extended again at the 11th hour, I dealt directly with Debbie and Tony and they again, were able to meet our needs. This was a huge challenge since we are at the height of the season, but they pulled it off. Every time we called upon them with a special request, they were able to fulfill it for my family.

Even the type of people that stayed at the resort were top notch. It's almost as if the Westgate attracts a certain type of clientele. I met so many different types of people during my stay and everyone was so nice. From people vacationing with there families to people traveling on business, everyone was really pleasant.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone that I speak to or even anyone who is reading this review. I am not required to write a review but it brings me great pleasure to know that by me taking a few minutes to write this, I am bringing awareness and recognition to people like Debbie and Tony who bring great pride to their profession. People like them are not easy to come by so when you do you have to make sure that you spread the word as much as you can. I believe that good behavior should be rewarded, so I am hoping that you, who are reading this review right now, challenge me and go stay at this resort. Go work with Debbie and/or Tony, and you will see why I was so happy to write this review.
You will not be disappointed.

Thank you Westgate staff, and a special Thank You to Debbie Carrillo and Tony Regalado.

Noland Montalvo
Willingboro, New Jersey

1 Thank Cinthia V
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Towers Resort, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay with us. We aim to make every guest experience special and personalized and we are so happy we were able to do so during your stay with us. We hope to welcome you back again in the future for another memorable stay with your family.

Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

Great place to stay. Easily accessible. Good amenities, roomy and all the comforts of home. Easy access to all of the parks and the kid park and pool are right on time for the grand babies. Try it, you will like it.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
We are beyond thrilled when our guests have a fantastic experience with us. As you experienced our location is the perfect location to explore the area Theme Parks. We pleased you enjoyed your room and all of the great amenities our resort offers. We look forward to your future family visits!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Checked in@3 PM TOOK ABOUT 5 MINUTES WE CHECK THE ACOMMIDATIONS.bath room small and the shower door opens into the commode.Every thing else was excellent. Nice clean, new towels.linens were clean.The room was excellent The staff well informed and courteous. Would recommend this to anyone.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Towers Resort, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thank you for your review! We’re glad you hear you found us to be a clean resort with friendly and helpful staff. It’s great to know we were able to make your vacation even more enjoyable. We hope to see you again soon!

Nicole
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Check in-arrived around 7pm. Check in took about 5 minutes max. Room was ready when we arrived.

Room-#643 2br/3ba very spacious. The 3rd bathroom really came in handy.
The sofa bed was not comfortable at all neither for an adult nor a child.

Appliances-We used the stove, microwave, toaster, dishwasher and washer/dryer. All of which were in good working condition.

Dishes-Kitchen was stocked with sets of 3-4 plates etc. I would recommend a few more plates etc. in the units that sleep more than 3 or 4 people.

Maintenance issues-we had a few lights burn out during our stay in bathrooms but we called maintenance and they came right up to replace them.

Housekeeping-As owners we are aware that we get midweek service and that is generally no problem for us, however Wednesday came and went and housekeeping never showed up. I called Wednesday night when we returned to let them know our room was never serviced and I was advised that a housekeeping manager would be notified. At that point we were out of towels, toilet paper, paper towels etc. and I did mention that on the phone. Someone quickly came up with towels and toilet paper but housekeeping never serviced our room during our stay. On Thursday morning we stepped out for breakfast and when we returned there was a bag on the kitchen floor full of towels, toilet paper etc. I would imagine that if they took the time to open the door and throw that bag in they could have at least cleaned the room.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank BlessedTraveler187
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Towers Resort, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Thank you so much for your feedback. We apologize for the issues you experienced with not receiving your midweek cleaning and for any inconvenience they may have caused. Your review will be shared with management including the housekeeping manager. We appreciate that you brought these issues to our attention as we work diligently to resolve them. We appreciate your comments and look forward to exceeding your expectations on your next visit.