My husband and I are owners at Westgate Lakes, but stayed at the Towers due to a last minute booking (everything else was full). I definitely like the Lakes better for resort size, grounds, amenities, and accommodations. The Towers resort itself is small, with just 3 pools and a few buildings, however, the Westgate Vacation Villas (very large, lots of amenities) is just down the road, and guests at the Towers can use all the Vacation Villas amenities, so that is nice! Our 1 bedroom was a good size and clean, but the rooms and resort could use some updating! For example, the stove still had one of the old style small knob timers on it that kept going off randomly, but it did work fine :). Also, a bit Miami Vice on the decor- lots of white. No big deal, just could use some modernization. The Towers staff that we interacted with throughout the week were all very friendly and helpful. And the location of the resort was very convenient.
Another note- on the Westgate website it says all the rooms at the Towers have a balcony or patio....which is technically true, but our room and many others only really have sliding glass doors with a few inches of space between the doors and the "balcony" railing, so you can't sit outside or anything- if you want to be on the "balcony", the door to the room has to be open, letting the AC out. We were fine with it as we didn't spend a ton of time hanging out in our room, but wanted to mention so other travelers are aware.
The issues- WESTGATE OWNERS, heads up- the major one was with the timeshare aspect- as owners, we were called and asked (or told, really) that we needed to go over to the Town Center at the Villas to fill out a "maintenance survey" that would take 20 minutes, and we'd get a mystery $50 gift certificate/card. Well, this turned out to take an hour out of our day, with a salesperson trying to get us to either upgrade or "sign off" on our "upgrade opportunity." Granted, once we made it very clear we weren't interested, they sort of tried to get us out of the quickly, but I felt misled and it was irritating- kind of perpetuates the negative rep that timeshare sales gets! Also, the gift cert was just to the on-site restaurant (DRAFTS Bar & Grill), and they gave us a piece of paper, but didn't tell us we had to go to a different desk to get the actual "vouchers" (2 $25 vouchers). So, when we went to use it, my husband then got the runaround to 3 or 4 different places at the Villas to try to accomplish this, and kept being told it was someone else's job to handle! Until he finally got upset with the last staff member, who then magically was able to do it herself- needless to say he wasn't happy. Used one voucher for the breakfast buffet, which was mediocre at best. The other voucher we used to order food to go the next day- another annoying experience, as we called and were told we couldn't order over the phone because apparently people order food and don't pick it up?! Not my problem! We were pressed for time and I finally got them to take my order, but the whole thing was just ridiculous!
Also for owners- they have an owner's BBQ on Mondays at the Villas- food was good, but the lines were very long, and no one actually checks to see if the attendees are owners (many people were guests renting rooms), so I'm sure that made it much more crowded than it should've been!
Also, with only 3 pools right on site at the Towers, 2 of which closed at dusk, the only open pool was very busy and full of kids in the evenings, so when we wanted to just step outside to a pool and relax, we really couldn't. I do understand that the Orlando Westgates are very family oriented due to proximity to the parks (which we took advantage of as well!), but it would be nice to maybe have one adults only pool at each resort. Not all of us who visit Orlando have kids!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oversized Villas with All the Comforts of Home Westgate Towers Resort in Kissimmee, Florida, is a Disney area hotel that offers guests all the comforts of a fully furnished home with accommodations ranging from studios to spacious one- and two-bedroom villas, all within minutes of Orlando's world-famous theme parks and attractions. With a variety of onsite amenities, including three heated outdoor pools, your dream vacation is waiting at Westgate Towers Resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, Hotelopia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Westgate Towers Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westgate Towers Hotel Kissimmee
- Westgate Hotel Kissimmee
- Westgate Resort Kissimmee
- Westgate Towers Resort Kissimmee, Florida