“Cheap price, Great location BUT bug infested.”

Rodeway Inn Kissimmee Maingate West
Ranked #107 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Winter Haven, Florida
“Cheap price, Great location BUT bug infested.”
Reviewed 18 March 2013

This location does have a problem with ants and roaches, so be warned. I have stayed here twice within the past month. Both rooms I stayed in had ants. I also found dead ants in the bed. I had a big coach roach crawl out from beneath the bed which I was setting on.
Until they take care of their bug problem, I won't be back.

Room Tip: Recommend staying some place else.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Herts
Reviewed 15 March 2013

My colleague and I booked this for 1 night at the start of the trip and again for the last 3 nights. We had no problems, you have to remember Motel 6 is cheap and cheerful, it's a bed for the night and nothing more. We did all our washing on the last night, the tub and drier easily handled it all in one go, almost 2 weeks worth. The hotel is quiet, off the main road and it's great attraction was the Perkins restaurant at the end of the drive. We used that for breakfast and dinner and the food was just superb with really friendly and helpful staff. It's not a place I'd take my wife or my grandkids but for 2 fellers touring the local airfields it was just fine. I've stayed in lots of Motel 6's and this one was just like any other.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 7 January 2013

Before anything i want everyone to know that this has been my quick go-to hotel to quick trips for years that just require a clean comfy bed till now, no sense in paying $$$ when your at theme parks all day. Here is why i wont be staying at this particular Motel 6 ANYMORE...

1. Previous guest must have spilled something on carpet and it became moldy so when i walked into room the smell was overwhelming. When i told the front desk about the issue and that i had an infant not to mention the health risks of mold at any age they just gave me some spray bottle and told me to spray this chemical all over the room, mind you i said i have an infant with me ! They wouldn't switch my room even though i knew for a fact that there was vacancies.

2. There must have been 15 rooms with Dog/Pet owners and low and behold i find a flea jumping on my face before i checked out. Notified the front desk and was told "sorry its a by-product of allowing pets in their hotel" !!!

3. There must have been hundreds of small almost clear ants in my room that were attracted to anything sweet and when that fails they wanted water so they were in the sink area and the bathroom. Notified front desk and was told "its Florida when do you expect".

Its a shame that this hotel has gone to [--] and upper management could care less. All you get is an email saying "sorry for your troubles and we will seek to correct these issues for future stays" which is bull as they wont do anything much less make up to the guest that had the horrible experience. GOOD BYE MOTEL 6 and if your reading this BEWARE THIS HOTEL AT ALL COSTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
14 Thank BIGBERT305

Travellers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Reviewed 1 December 2012 via mobile

It's basic but comfortable, actually it's not bad for an overnight stay. It was quiet and had a very quiet air conditioning/heater unit. There's free coffee and a Perkins restaurant within walking distance. Believe me, there are far worse places on route 192 outside Disney World that should be closed down. Stick with this Motel 6.

• Stayed December 2012
Olive Branch, Mississippi, United States
Reviewed 7 October 2012

Ok, so we promised that we wouldn't stay at this Motel 6 again. However, due to some uncontrollable circumstances, we did. The good things about this hotel are that they don't charge a deposit and there's always vacancy. The bad thing with our room was that it smelled like mold and there were little tiny baby roaches roaming around the tv stand. They weren't anywhere else but there, strangely enough. So, it was a convenient place to stay, but again they don't have alarm clocks and one day the wake up call never came. Luckily, we had bought a cheap one at the Target down the road and returned it when we checked out. We don't have any plans to return here but if worse comes to worst then it's possible. I will say that the young man at the front desk was very polite and helpful.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Dave B
Higganum, CT
Reviewed 25 August 2012

I had stayed here in 2011 with my young child on a "cheap" Disney vacation so I knew exactly what I was getting when I made my reservations for June 28th, 2012. I needed only 1 night as I was checking in to my time share the next day. There were 12 of us on this trip so I needed 3 rooms and I had called in January to specifically ask if I could have connecting rooms and and additional room. I was told no problem at all since I was requesting 6 months in advance....you can probably guess I did NOT get my connecting rooms and I was NOT happy about that.....I was traveling with young children and wanted to be able to see them at all times....I threw enough of a fit and I at least got the senior citizen discount but this did not satisfy me....I would have booked somewhere else that would have given me my connecting rooms if they had just told me in January when I made my reservations....so the normal rate was supposed to be $33 a night plus tax....I got all 3 rooms at a rate of about $28.50 taxes included. Now this is an incredibly low price so I believe my expectations should not have been that high...it was only 1 night...rugs? ok they are so gross...very small rooms...a room with 2 double beds they give you 2 sets of towels? obviously not enough....and the air conditioning is mediocre at best.....but the kids enjoyed the pool and I was literally 5 minutes from the Disney entrance which was key to me. Like I said, I stayed here last year so I was well aware of what I was getting...and since I was paying a fortune for this trip I wanted one thing to be cheap! LOL...We barely spent any time there so it was fine...I did check for bugs and never found even one....I must say, we checked out and drove to Hollywood Studios when I realized I left the ENTIRE binder for our trip with EVERYTHING in it- airline tickets, itinerary, all my dining reservations...I called them and told them and said my husband was on his way back and they were very kind, gave my husband a key and there it was sitting on the desk...major catastrophe avoided!!!! I must say I felt safe this year because my husband was there...last year I was nervous cause I was alone with an 8 yr old.....but for the price all I really wanted was a place to crash for one night....

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank krevis
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 6 August 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 1 night of a 2 night stay. When we checked into the room, we found it to be clean and ok. At 2am on a trip to the bathroom, I turned on the lights and roaches scattered everywhere! My husband thought the naked man (yes, our neighbor flashed us as we pulled up to our room) had broken in. Never Ever in a million years will I ever stay at another motel 6. If YOU DO, dont turn off the light. Needless to say we checked out and we were refunded our 2 night stay and checked into a much nicer hotel. Its true, you get what you pay for!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family