“A great Motel 6, yes Motel 6”

Motel 6 Orlando Kissimmee Main Gate East
Ranked #82 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 3 April 2014

What a bargain. It was super clean. The staff were friendly, and the cost on April 2 was about $30 for this senior. Yes it is Motel 6 so don't expect free wifi,breakfast and flat screen tv. I had a good nights rest on a comfortable bed and had no fears about security. It is a prime location near many restaurants and doesn't come with resort fees and $3 safes. They also accept pets without an extra charge. This motel has not been upgraded like some of the 6's but I didn't miss it.

Room Tip: I had an pool side room
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Love2eat32547

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Yes, this is a budget motel. The rates are EXTREMELY CHEAP. However, I stay here every time I travel to Kissimmee, and that is for several reasons. A) I come for the attractions. I'd rather have more money to spend at the parks than for my hotel bill. B) The pool here is outstanding. C) I like the laundry facility on the property. D) The staff at the front desk has always been very helpful, welcoming, and friendly.

That said, there are several things you should know before staying here. Do not walk on the carpet with your bare feet. It is filthy, and I wear flip-flops the whole time. Also, the TVs are very old, but the cable works great. The maids don't like it when you leave personal items on the beds (even if it's only a pillow or blanket you brought from home).

I will continue to stay here when I visit Kissimmee.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank kebdal23
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I stayed at this location approximately 3 or 4 times and this decision, is mainly due to the excellent location, close to everything gas stations, food, drive to attractions, however with regards to the hotel itself the rooms are average two double beds or 1 king size bed, I must their carpets always have a weirf smell though, the A/C is ridiculously coldl, the room I stayed in the bathroom was fairly average along with the vanity area. My pet peeve is a dirty washing machine though, it shouldn't be a problem for them to simply clean the washer/ dryer facilities for guests. Other wise pretty below average stay if you can't find any other available lodging.

Room Tip: Always request closest to office. The back tend to be more quiet/ lonely.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank RAdPino
Reviewed 12 December 2013

great pools; good location; would of been nice if they had one queen size bed instead of 2 double beds. The double beds are much too small. Prefer queen bed; large pools for swimming and no problen with children being unruly

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank loveit000000
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I let a few reviews here convince me along with the $29.99 rate that this place might be ok. I was dead wrong. I drove up and walked into a lobby that smelled like a bathroom, but was greeted by a very nice and extremely professional gentleman who helped get me checked in. He was amazingly friendly and seemed very genuine in wanting me to feel welcome. Unfortunately, he sent me to a room that was an absolute disaster area. Beds destroyed, trash everywhere and reeked terribly. I went to notify them and the same gentleman was very apologetic and instantly arranged for me to have another room. Some woman whose capacity there was unknown nor ever made known suggested to him to give me a 10% discount and my wifi free for one evening. He seemed very sorry it happened, but I was tired and already regretting my decision. The next room seemed ok at first, but I then found problem after problem.
Room 272
1. Chair at desk was extremely wobbly and if I had sat on it, I'm sure it would have broken.
2. The menu for a local eatery under the telephone was sitting in water, and smelled like it had been there for more than a day.
3. Both beds had cigarette burns in them. Not small, light ones either. Strange, since I was in a non smoking room.
4. Both air conditioner and bathroom vent were filthy with dust and did not appear to have been cleaned for months.
5. Grout in bathroom was moldy and numerous dead bugs could easily be seen in the light fixture.
6. Pubic hairs were in both the shower and on CLEAN TOWELS! I left one towel in the sink with the hair visible so it could be taken away, only to find it had been folded up and put back on the holder. (hair folded inside this time)

and worst of all

7. FLEAS!! I had to stay pretty well covered and if I didn't I was instantly picking them off once I touched the carpet. (which was also pretty dirty)

Seen enough yet? By the way, avoid the McDonalds nearby too, as in my short time there, I was asked for money, and had some thug try and fight me outside for no good reason. I played a role as a dumb tourist to get out of trouble which worked, and he just muttered something in Spanish and walked to his car. The sad thing for this hotel is, the front desk man is WAY too good for this place. He mentioned he had worked for the company for 4 years, but I hope he finds a better place to work. Cheap rates are no excuse to keep a filthy, dilapidated motel. Save up and stay in a nice place. You'll be sorry if you stay here. I hate writing negative reviews but this place earned it and then some.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank bxb4784f
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Orlando Kissimmee Main Gate East, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Reviewed 10 July 2013

Good location. Very cheap rate. Overall ok but not the cleanest place.
However, it only costs $ 29.99 per night....
Nice pool.
McDonald's just around the corner.
By marker 8 and really conveniently locates on 192 east.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Giulia73
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I stayed in 2 different rooms in 2 different locations on the property, each room equipped with 2 double beds. I was with my g/f and her 6 year old daughter.

The GOOD:
1) I did NOT have an encounter with any bugs of any kind in either room, or walking around the property.
2) The rooms appear to have been cleaned as well as they can be. I did NOT experience leftover trash, spills, used towels, or anything of the sort, and I noticed vacuum tracks in the not-so-worn parts of the carpets.
3) The walls, paint, bathtub, counter-tops, etc., all looked well maintained. I did NOT experience any peeling paint, rust stains, broken furniture, or anything of the sort.
4) Despite the 'cheap' look of the mattresses, they were firm and comfortable to sleep on. If you want pillow-top mattresses, pay the extra $75+ per night to stay elsewhere.
5) The size of the room is standard. NOT extra-small as some other reviews led me to believe.
6) The size of the bathroom is surprisingly a bit larger than expected.
7) I felt safe on this property, as I did not notice any 'bad element' hanging around. But if you have a tendency to be paranoid due to the older style of motels (i.e. exterior pathways), then, again, pay the extra $75+ per night to stay elsewhere with interior hallways.
Would I allow my g/f's 6 year old daughter to roam unsupervised? Of course not! Not even at a $100+ per night hotel!!
8) I was treated warmly and with respect by all 4 different employees I encountered. If you are treated badly, I would guess you should look in the mirror for the reason why you might have been treated that way.
9) The window curtain is ONE giant curtain that closes across the span of the ENTIRE window - no uncovered sides, and no middle gap that lets light in when pulling 2 curtains together at the middle. Why can't ALL motels/hotels have this???
10) The price! Being that we spend our days at the parks and spend most of our non-park time in the motel watching a little TV, sleeping, and showering, it was nice to finally return home to a $70 hotel charge on my visa, as opposed to a $300+ hotel charge for only 2 nights of lodging!

NOTES:
a) ONLY a small, cheap bar of soap is provided. Be sure to bring your own shampoo & conditioner, and a more fragrant type of soap if desired.
b) I noticed internet access is available for $3 per day. I did NOT need internet service, so I do not know how it is. If you want free internet, McDonald's is a very short distance from the motel.

This hotel does have a few major problems to contend with, but I believe they are doing the best they can.

Problem 1: Smokers in non-smoking rooms.
-- I was told it is the motel's policy to have 1 ashtray in non-smoking rooms, and 3 ashtrays in smoking rooms. The concept is, some smokers wish to stay (or end up) in a non-smoking room; providing them with an ashtray gives them something to put their cigarette waste in when going outside the room for a smoke, rather than putting their cigarette waste in a plastic cup of water which could then be spilled on the floor resulting a terrible mess.
HOWEVER, many smokers will opt to smoke in the bathroom, thinking the bathroom exhaust fan will magically carry away the smoke and leave no odor or residue behind - WRONG!!! I had to re-paint (several times) AND replace the bathroom exhaust fan in a rental home I used to own, because of this. The exhaust fan got so gummed up from the cigarette smoke, not only did it retain the smoke odor, but it stopped working as a result as well.
-- Suggested solution ... Designate one entire wing of the complex for smoking (perhaps all of the rooms and associated exterior pathway along the backside of the property). This will be the ONLY location on the property, not just rooms, where people will be allowed to smoke. Posting obvious directions and signs to this area should be done as well. If people in non-smoking rooms wish to smoke, they will need to walk to the 'smoking only' area of the property to do so. Everywhere else on the property will be non-smoking. And enforce the non-smoking rule in the non-smoking rooms/areas 100%. And require a $50 deposit on all rooms to help 'influence' people to cooperate ... once the rooms have been remodeled and ridden of the smoke odor, it will be very easy to smell if anyone violated the policy; yes, even in the bathrooms.

Problem 2: The heavily-worn carpets.
-- I was told there is new management/owners who are taking steps to try and improve on this issue. Plans are in the works to replace the carpets with wood floors (sometime in 2014). But until then, a deep-cleaning is being attempted to remedy the carpets until the remodeling is executed. But as I stated previously, the carpets are not the only thing retaining the bad odor that lingers in the rooms.

Room Tip: I was told, the second-story rooms have less 'foot traffic', so if you don't mind walkin...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family