“Motel was being renovated”

Motel 6 Orlando Kissimmee Main Gate East
Ranked #86 of 155 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Hmmm, my experience will probably be a somewhat dated at this point since I was there when the motel was doing some extensive renovations. If the renovation was completed, I would have probably given it a better rating. Anyway, what this means is that I walked into a situation where vending was unavailable, internet service poor or non existant, and some of the public areas were in an extensive state of renovation. Also, the check-in was slow at best. And even though I had paid for two days, the manager, at my request, allowed me to check out early and was happy to provide me with a refund for the additional day that I did not stay, and she even refunded me the amount paid for the Internet since it was also not working, what a great and friendly person the manager was. Take note, however, that the Internet service is not free. That said, even though the room was small, it was clean and the bed was comfortable. I believe that once the renovation is complete that this would be quite a decent place to stay at for the price. Bear in mind, though, that there was no refrigerator and/or microwave in the room that I stayed at. Despite the challenges, I enjoyed my short stay at the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank jdemont1

Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

We had booked 5 nights here with our dog because of their amazing rates. We called twice to discuss our dogs special needs and such, and was never once told that our dog must be crated if we leave the motel. I've stayed at motel 6's in Florida, Georgia, Virginia, and south Carolina and never had this problem. The desk clerk said it was because they must go in your room every day. We told them we didn't need daily room service but she said it was mandatory. So we had to scramble last minute to find a new place to stay and now have to cut our vacation short by 2 days because of the cost of our new hotel. Please beware! They don't warn you of this policy so I will! If you don't have a crate, you can't stay here!! ((Also our dog couldn't be crated even if we have one, he has special needs))

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Fairladyzee
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

I paid 40 usd total for a room with 2 double beds. the room is in great condition. recently renewed i can still smell the nice aroma of recent paint. very clean top to bottom and very comfortable. higly recommended.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cesar E
Reviewed 4 April 2014

The location is perfect straight across the road from old town which is a quaint little street with a few bars and shops we were there at weekend every night there were loads of classic cars all lined up and a band on. There is an Italian restaurant which is very good on the next block
The rooms were basic but you get what you pay for. All the staff were really nice and friendly. I will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Janet T
Reviewed 3 April 2014

What a bargain. It was super clean. The staff were friendly, and the cost on April 2 was about $30 for this senior. Yes it is Motel 6 so don't expect free wifi,breakfast and flat screen tv. I had a good nights rest on a comfortable bed and had no fears about security. It is a prime location near many restaurants and doesn't come with resort fees and $3 safes. They also accept pets without an extra charge. This motel has not been upgraded like some of the 6's but I didn't miss it.

Room Tip: I had an pool side room
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Love2eat32547
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Yes, this is a budget motel. The rates are EXTREMELY CHEAP. However, I stay here every time I travel to Kissimmee, and that is for several reasons. A) I come for the attractions. I'd rather have more money to spend at the parks than for my hotel bill. B) The pool here is outstanding. C) I like the laundry facility on the property. D) The staff at the front desk has always been very helpful, welcoming, and friendly.

That said, there are several things you should know before staying here. Do not walk on the carpet with your bare feet. It is filthy, and I wear flip-flops the whole time. Also, the TVs are very old, but the cable works great. The maids don't like it when you leave personal items on the beds (even if it's only a pillow or blanket you brought from home).

I will continue to stay here when I visit Kissimmee.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank kebdal23
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I stayed at this location approximately 3 or 4 times and this decision, is mainly due to the excellent location, close to everything gas stations, food, drive to attractions, however with regards to the hotel itself the rooms are average two double beds or 1 king size bed, I must their carpets always have a weirf smell though, the A/C is ridiculously coldl, the room I stayed in the bathroom was fairly average along with the vanity area. My pet peeve is a dirty washing machine though, it shouldn't be a problem for them to simply clean the washer/ dryer facilities for guests. Other wise pretty below average stay if you can't find any other available lodging.

Room Tip: Always request closest to office. The back tend to be more quiet/ lonely.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family