“Pleasant Surprize”

Motel 6 Orlando Kissimmee Main Gate East
Ranked #82 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 30 July 2014

EXtremely Clean !!! This is cleaner than Super 8, Celebration Suites and Seralago. Very simple but updated, Safe, comfortable, quiet, and convenient. Andrea and housekeeping are all extremely nice. They actually go out their way to assure that you're satisfied. This is also much nicer than the location in Cocoa Beach, which has constant plumbing problems.
Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Carol W

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

I would not recommend this place if you want any rest. Slamming doors and chairs dragging on floors all night long. Im not the one to complain but it was horrible. When i called the front desk to ask if i could just leave the key in room when i decided to just leave he said yes and then he asked me how was my stay i told him and he didnt seem to care

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Tonya D
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Newly renovated with flat screen tv, hardwood floors, VERY comfy beds and pillows. No bugs in room the entire week. Nice quite AC. Pool was warm and nice. Andrea is outstanding at the front desk. Really seemed to care! Location was outstanding. Walking distance to Old town, Many great restaurants, stores, FunSpot USA, bus and more. Even an Alamo rent a car location at the hotel beside us. Some sketchy people here and there but never felt unsafe. Had a number of people who appeared to live in this hotel. Wifi was mediocre. A few minor issues here and there, but really not bad at all. Just remember this is a pet friendly basic budget motel without amenities like breakfast, but we knew this going in, and were satisfied to the point where i would consider returning again. This is THE lowest price you will find in Kissimmee with no "resort fee" that all of the other hotels charge. I recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a clean room, comfy bed, at a low price.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Greg D
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Hmmm, my experience will probably be a somewhat dated at this point since I was there when the motel was doing some extensive renovations. If the renovation was completed, I would have probably given it a better rating. Anyway, what this means is that I walked into a situation where vending was unavailable, internet service poor or non existant, and some of the public areas were in an extensive state of renovation. Also, the check-in was slow at best. And even though I had paid for two days, the manager, at my request, allowed me to check out early and was happy to provide me with a refund for the additional day that I did not stay, and she even refunded me the amount paid for the Internet since it was also not working, what a great and friendly person the manager was. Take note, however, that the Internet service is not free. That said, even though the room was small, it was clean and the bed was comfortable. I believe that once the renovation is complete that this would be quite a decent place to stay at for the price. Bear in mind, though, that there was no refrigerator and/or microwave in the room that I stayed at. Despite the challenges, I enjoyed my short stay at the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank jdemont1
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

We had booked 5 nights here with our dog because of their amazing rates. We called twice to discuss our dogs special needs and such, and was never once told that our dog must be crated if we leave the motel. I've stayed at motel 6's in Florida, Georgia, Virginia, and south Carolina and never had this problem. The desk clerk said it was because they must go in your room every day. We told them we didn't need daily room service but she said it was mandatory. So we had to scramble last minute to find a new place to stay and now have to cut our vacation short by 2 days because of the cost of our new hotel. Please beware! They don't warn you of this policy so I will! If you don't have a crate, you can't stay here!! ((Also our dog couldn't be crated even if we have one, he has special needs))

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Fairladyzee
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

I paid 40 usd total for a room with 2 double beds. the room is in great condition. recently renewed i can still smell the nice aroma of recent paint. very clean top to bottom and very comfortable. higly recommended.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cesar E
Reviewed 4 April 2014

The location is perfect straight across the road from old town which is a quaint little street with a few bars and shops we were there at weekend every night there were loads of classic cars all lined up and a band on. There is an Italian restaurant which is very good on the next block
The rooms were basic but you get what you pay for. All the staff were really nice and friendly. I will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple