“Got what you paid for”

Ranked #82 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Got what you paid for”
Reviewed 28 January 2011

I have stayed at the Motel 6 line of motels before. They are slowly going downhill. The dead bolt stuck so you had to play with it to lock it and it would also stick opens so you could not close the door even when you had not used it. The internet that you have to pay for doesn't work in every room which they do not tell you at during check in. You can move rooms or call the 800 to have them try to fix it but they will not refund the 2.99 the charge for it.
The worst was the bed. We had two full size in our room, the one had the springs coming up thru the mattress. I think you should check your beds before allowing guest to stay in it. This was one of the cleanest Motel 6 I have been in..shockingly

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Cking09

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Palm Bay, Florida
Reviewed 21 September 2010

I stayed at this hotel on 9-18-10. I was traveling from Maitland to Clermont and Kissimmee had the closest motels. I only needed a place to sleep so I was not looking for alot of amenities.

I travel with my coffee maker and eating out is rather inexpensive in Kissimmee, so no need for a coffee maker, microwave or refrigerator. I would suggest they put in a hair dryer though, as most places almost always have those. I had nothing to dry my hair with after swimming.

The room, with tax, only cost me $27.11. I have seen more expensive places that were totally filthy with non working air conditioners, filthy rugs and floors with a lack of customer service....very bad for the price. But I have to say, the room I had (Rm. 167) was totally clean. I know this because the first tell tale sign of a bad room is the carpeting. If you walk barefoot on them and your feet aren't black on the bottom, it's safe to assume the room is pretty clean.

The tub and shower looked brand new. Plenty of soap, towels, wash cloths. My sink had a small leak under the drain and management came right away even though I told them they didn't have to...and that I would use the bathtub if I needed water for anything. They still came. The front desk man was very friendly and helpful. They also watch the pool area closely because while I was at the front desk, one of the workers called on the walkie talkie and said kids were in the pool unsupervised. Also, someone pulled the fire alarm next to my room which made the fire dept. come rushing in and management had no idea how to shut it off. Eventually, it got shut off. Not a big deal. The pool was clean and at a comfortable temperature. Overall, I'd definitely stay here again.

You can buy a wireless internet card at the front desk for about $3.00 and it worked great. There is a laundry room,

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
4 Thank Delise720
Reviewed 22 July 2010

I've stayed at this motel off and on for 3 months since Febrauray 2010.I plan on returning there again next week.I usually pay $22.00 per night.At those rates i don't expect nothing but basic clean accomodations,and that's exactly what i get.The rooms does not have microwaves nor refridgerators.WiFi is available for $2.99 per day.There's a swimming pool and laundry room.The motel is located right accross from old town and close to many eateries and attractions.Also the motel is pet friendly.Now the cons,the rooms are super small,but since I travel alone it's not a problem for me,it might be for a family.The carpet in the downstair rooms tends to be soiled,I always ask for a room upstairs since i noticed that most people with pets prefer downstairs. At $2.99 per day for WiFi.to me it's seem rather pricey, but i found that most days i could connect with the Hilton hotel next door for free.There's only about 10 or so t.v. channels.I just rent $1.00 movies and watch them off my laptop or sometimes if I know ahead i will be there at least a week or longer,then I'll bring a small dvd player,a microwave , a travel iron, and a cooler.It might seems like a lot but the last time i stayed there for almost 30 days, so what i saved overall far out weighs any inconviences.One other tip,if you turn right on Irlo Bronson from the motel there's 2 buffet restuarants that serve breakfast,skip the 1st and go instead to the 2nd one which is about a block & 1/2 going west.The food is fresher,taste better and it's cheaper.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
3 Thank jcopel05

Travellers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

summerfield fl
Reviewed 16 April 2010

We chose this place because it is right across from old town and a large fun spot. Great location, great price.
Absolutely WOULD NOT stay here again.!!
There were dead bugs in the light in the bathroom-LARGE bugs.
The beds were very stiff. Not a good nights sleep.
Pillows smelled musty...(we always take our own pillows for this reason)
We had two double beds. Pulled back the covers on one, and there was a dead bug in the sheets..(couldnt tell if it was a bedbug or not), the other bed had a bloodstain on the sheets. We had to strip the bed, and lay on top of the comforter.
I felt very uncomfortable being in that room and would never stay in another motel 6 again.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank thelesters2009
florida
Reviewed 10 April 2010

We stayed for one evening as we went to Epcot and WDW, so it was just basically a place to sleep for us. The rooms were very small, beds tiny (my husband is not even 6' tall and his feet hung off the bed!), basically no amenities (not even shampoo/conditioner, etc.) but it was fairly clean and the bedding seemed like it had been changed recently. The staff was friendly, I appreciated the fact that they didn't require a credit card to hold the room in advance. There was an Elvis Car Convention that weekend, so the place was pretty full the night we stayed there.

On the plus side, the location is great as it is only a few miles from WDW. It's also located right behind a McDonalds which was very convenient for us.

Truth is, you get what you pay for and, with the low prices, we didn't expect much to begin with. But there also seemed to be some "seedy" types staying there too. At about 4am a fight broke out between a couple outside the rooms with horrible language and screaming, waking us up and leaving us unable to get the rest we needed. Can't blame the hotel for that, but some hotels just seem to attract that kind of clientele, if you know what I mean. Next time we'll spend a little more for a nicer place and a good night's sleep.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank swfloridafamily
knoxville tn
Reviewed 3 July 2009

We checked in got our rooms and they are very small rooms. The next day we went to Seaworlds new water park got back to the room around 7 pm and saw something on the air unit it was baby lizards coming through the air unit. I lost it called the front desk they answered and hung up on me. So I walked up to the office and asked for the mgr. she was already gone for the day and I informed him what was going on and told him we would be checking out asap. I think we had everything loaded in 10 mins. He gave me my money back for both rooms for the rest of our stay. This happened in room 173 near the pool area. We left with our swim suits still on there are so many other hotels in that area. I would not stay at the hotel again and dont waste your money on the wi fi card it would not work and we took it right back within 5 mins and was told we could not get our money back on it, That was the first day we got there.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
4 Thank kristy9442
trumbull, ct
Reviewed 7 January 2009

Well, as you can image, 33 dollars doesn't go as far as it used to. Checked into the hotel at around 3 oclock and there was only 1 old lady working the front desk with many customers waiting. Took about half hour to check in. Then we go to the rooms and they aren't done yet. We come back in an hour, and still not done. When we arrived later that night the beds were made, but besides that, there wasn't much else done to the room. No toliet paper, plastic cups, or even a do not disturb sign. We went down to the desk and asked for toliet paper and cups. They gave us 1 roll and 1 cup.

The smell of the rooms is thick and musty ( mostly because of the overly loud air conditioner from 1987 and the animals that are free to roam the rooms). There were dead bugs on the walls. The rooms were smallest size that i have ever stayed in before (smaller then most other motel rooms in Kissimmee). The floors were dirty and disgusting. I would suggest bringing a pair of slippers. The nights were very loud with locals and bikers coming in at all hours of the night (didn't get much sleep). There is no security at all there.

I would suggest you pay the extra 10-15 a night and find a better motel.

• Liked — The location. Its next to many dining establishments and old town shopping and amuesment park.
  • Disliked — Everything else!!!!!
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank domincfh