“Looks Can Be Deceiving”

Magic Tree Resort
Central California
“Looks Can Be Deceiving”
Reviewed 6 March 2008

This resort is part of Platinium Interchange for timeshare condos and we booked this property as an exchange. Although the Magic Tree's exterior looks like a two-story motel, like one other reviewer commented, the remodel from motel to condos was tastefully done. Following a national sales meeting with a stay at a five-star property in Orlando; my husband, 13-year old daughter, and I moved to the Magic Tree to be closer to Disney World. As we pulled into the Magic Tree, I have to admit, I was disappointed; however, that soon changed. The staff was friendly and our one-bedroom unit (#105) that faced the pool was very clean, comfortable and quiet. I would have no qualms about staying at the Magic Tree in the future. One side note: NEVER, EVER eat at Angel’s Seafood Restaurant and Buffet. This restaurant was highly advertised in the tourist’ flyers, but the food was overcooked, under-seasoned, low quality, and I really have concerns about the freshness of the seafood. The wait staff; however, was very pleasant and attentive. Bottom line -- skip Angel’s and keep driving down 192 East and go to Red Lobster, you won’t be disappointed by comparison.

• Liked — Condo set-up -- kitchen to prep a quick meal, plus tropical foliage.
  • Disliked — The motel exterior.
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank MontereyNan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Ontario
Reviewed 4 December 2007

I Have Been Going Here Since I was 18 Months Old My Grandparents Own A Timeshare There And I Get To Go With Them Every 3 Years..... Everytime I Go There The Staff Is Friendly And The Rooms Are Always Clean I Am Looking Forward To Go There Again I Enjoy Spending My Time There Expecially With The New Rennovations That They Have Done The Other People Who Stay There Have Always Been Friendly as Well and Its Close To Orlando WHich Makes It Good To Go Shopping

• Liked — How friendly the staff was
  • Disliked — none
  • Stayed December 2004, travelled with family
1 Thank sunniedaze421
Colorado
Reviewed 25 September 2007

Beware! You might get double charged after the fact. The accomodations were OK but after we had stayed and returned home, they charged us for a stay when a travel agency in Florida sent us there. I don't trust them. They accepted us in their place and waited a month to charge us. Magic tree and Platnium Interchange aren't honest.

Stayed March 2007
atl
Reviewed 29 August 2007

Booked this property on an Interval International Exchange. This place is more like a two-story MOTEL. The unit we were in had a terrible stench. There was no way I would let my child play on the small playground for fear of getting hurt on the outdated equipment, much less going in the pool. I had enough after one night and left to stay with family in the area (lucky for me that was an option). Staying here should be your absolute last 'resort' -- and I would not recommend it even then.

• Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
2 Thank honeyglo
Windsor
Reviewed 2 January 2007

Just got back from 1 week at the Magic Tree in Orlando.
We loved it. The staff was friendly, curteous and polite.
The rooms are tastefully decorated and well stocked.
The pool water was very enjoyable. The grounds
are well kept. It is a smaller, older place, but we would rather stay there than the larger resorts any day. This was our second time there, and we would definitely go back again.

• Liked — The pool was nice and warm the rooms beautiful
  • Disliked — Our room was next door to the laundry facilities, this was loud at 6:30 a.m. when the staff started.
  • Stayed December 2006, travelled with family
4 Thank nadisand
Lawrenceville, GA
Reviewed 18 August 2006

This resort is part of Platinium Interchange for timeshare condos. Many (if not all) of the condos have been recently remodeled on its interiors, with new everything: tile floors, carpet, kitchen cabinets, kitchen counters, stove, refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, appliances, wall coverings, paint, baseboards, mirrors, and furniture (sofa, chair, dining set, beds) are all new (less than one year old). They apparently are still remodeling the exteriors. This is a converted Econolodge or something similar, so the 2 bedroom is actually three converted hotel rooms. The unit was very clean, and the pool, hot tub, and deck area are very nice. The bathrooms could also stand to be remodeled, by putting in new tub/shower units and toliets, but they are still clean. TV's in each bedroom and living room. King bed, two double beds, and queen pull out sofa. Also, washer and dryer in the two bedroom, maid service for towels. Front desk service very nice, too, and the lobby is well maintained. There are three exterior doors;(because it is a converted motel) one in each bedroom and in the livingroom. Location is very convenient to all Orlando stuff to do. Old Wilson Road is a nice, quiet area, too. Yes, I agree that there are newer (and probably nicer) condos in the general area- but this place is great (and a great deal!) and I will stay here everytime!

• Liked — pool, new and clean, location
  • Disliked — noisy guest traveling the coridors due can be heard due to old fashioned vents under window
  • Tips/Secrets — have fun! You're in Orlando!
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled with family
5 Thank bday1261
Key West, Florida
Reviewed 17 May 2006

I traded a week through Interval International for this location. Upon entry into my first room we noticed that the room was occupied. I was a bit skeptical since the front desk checked me and gave me a key to an occupied room. Our second room was OK although not as clean as I thought it should be. The hotel looked like a great place at one time but it was very worn out and heavy construction prohibited me and my children from using most of the amenities throughout our stay. Staff was very courteous and helpful. No concierge was available during our stay - we were directed to use the concierge at the sister hotel which I had to drive to. All rooms overlook the pool area which is pretty but got very loud when obnoxious and unruly chidren were at play. Good points: this hotel was in a great location and the rooms were large and comfortable; my children loved the game room. I would not recommend this hotel because their are too many nicer ones available within 1 mile.

• Stayed December 2003
5 Thank kwbts124
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
High Point World Resort
Liki Tiki Village
Liki Tiki Village
#26 of 152 in Kissimmee
Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club

Been to Magic Tree Resort? Share your experiences!