“Secret winner”
Review of Magic Tree Resort

Magic Tree Resort
Reviewed 15 January 2014

When I win the lottery I'm not disclosing my name. Magic tree is another secret. Location location location. So convent to Disney we could come home for eats and rest by the heated pool and hot tub. If we didn't want to return that day we could see the fireworks from the 2nd floor balcony. Staff couldn't be more helpful from constant clean towels to any amenity we might think of. Clean units, easy parking,elevator, laundry room and meticulously land scraped. Even shallow children's pool, work out facility we had wifi in our unit but not all units receive it. Never fear they have free use in the lobby and can help you with copies if needed. We'll be back.

Room Tip: Our room was great I didn't hear any complaints from others. I'm guessing you can't go...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Patricia F

Reviewed 13 January 2014

Let me start by stating that Magic Tree is a timeshare resort that rents vacant units to people who are not owners and I have been an owner for 30 years. During those 30 years I have stayed at the resort 28 times, 1 year I traded my week for 2 weeks in Austria and the other year I let a friend use it.

The resort is a converted motel that is made up primarily of 1 and 2 bedroom units with a few 3 bedrooms. When the kids were smaller, they would sleep on the sleeper sofa in the living room leaving my wife and I alone in the bedroom. As they got older and a third child was added, we started upgrading to the 2 bedroom. Any one that has spent a week in a hotel room with 2 or more kids should understand just how great it is to have a separate bedroom on vacation. The kitchen is another huge benefit. We eat out most nights, but we usually have breakfast in the room before heading to a park for the day.

The main reason for going to Orlando is the amusement parks. The original entrance to Disney is about a half mile from Magic Tree making all of their parks easy to get to. Universal and Sea World are about 5 miles away.

The service has always been fantastic, I can't remember ever getting a negative reaction from any of the personnel.

The reason I only gave it a rating of 4 is that the resort is small and you want find all of the amenities that you would at some of the larger resorts.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank tjdmlhw
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I asked for no room service;however, housekeepers continue to come in room to replace towels and empty trash. The problem with this is a housekeeper left my room door wide open!!! Either the housekeeper took my Apple IPAD or with leaving my door wide open allowed someone else to take my Apple IPAD. Police was called and police report taken; however, the police department is too busy to follow through with this (I do realize this). Spoke with management - only to be told that resort is not responsible for stolen items!!! It would not have been stolen if my Do Not
DISTURB request have been followed!!!!

Room Tip: Be Careful!!!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Pam H
PIVacations, General Manager at Magic Tree Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to share your recent experience with the Magic Tree. We do understand your frustration as this is not a common occurrence. We do listen to our guests and this will assist us in gaining insight in improving our best practices.

Magic Tree Management

Reviewed 16 October 2013

We stayed here with our 2 young daughters. I was blown away with how beautiful the landscaping was and a gated entry!! And yes, it is an old Ramada Inn but the rooms have been re-done and re spotless. I loved having a 2 bedroom suite and a kitchen. We didn't have to pay a fortune and had the space we needed. STAY HERE if you're looking for a great value and a clean and friendly place that is VERY close to Disney.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank kwatkins

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your comments. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our accommodations. We definitely agree with you about our resort being a great value. And our location is conveniently close to all the major attractions. We look forward to your return soon.

Magic Tree Management

Reviewed 14 October 2013

My husband and I spent our 18th anniversary, three restful days at this resort. We were very pleased with the one bedroom unit. It was spacious, clean and the staff were friendly and helpful. When I left and arrived home, I realized I didn't have my diamond anniversary ring. I called back to the hotel to inquire if maybe housekeeping had found it, they were closed, so I left a message for the head of housekeeping. On Monday, I called back to speak with the person in charge of housekeeping and was informed that they had searched the room to no avail. They advised me someone was in the room for the week, but they would look again when they checked out. I thought, I will never see my ring again.
However, I told the person I spoke to on the telephone where I believed I had left the ring and hung up the phone never expecting to hear from them again. In about half an hour, I received a phone call from the person in charge of housekeeping saying she'd found my ring exactly where I thought it was. They are in the process of returning it to me. Thank God for Ellie and Marie C. and for honest people.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Dianna C
PIVacations, General Manager at Magic Tree Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your comments. Happy anniversary. We are happy to hear that you had a enjoyable and restful stay. We are glad to hear that our staff provided you outstanding customer service. Most of all, we are delighted to learn that our staff found your ring as we understand how important it is to you. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

My son and I stayed at this resort for two days before my parents joined us. It was a nice, clean resort with plenty of things to do. It kept us well entertained on the days we didn't do Disney. We were able to rest well and enjoy frequent trips to the game room, pool and enjoy the endless freshly popped popcorn. While intimate, it offers some great amenities amongst them free laundry, a great pool that is open very late and very close approximation to Disney and varied restaurants and fast food places. Note: There is a full kitchen but do not buy groceries at the store nearest the resort. The food is of poor quality and is over-priced. There are plenty of grocery stores further up the main road. The hotel staff was friendly and respectful. If you have children, this is a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Choose a room near the game room so that you can get access to the Internet. Choose a room on the s...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Naima A

We appreciate your comments about your stay with Magic Tree. We are always happy to learn that are guests enjoyed our accommodations and amenities. It’s great to hear that families benefit from our resort as it is our goal to create a warm and family-oriented environment. We look forward to your next stay soon.

Reviewed 8 August 2013

My family and I were very pleased with our accommodations! Rooms are very spacious and very clean! The service was fantastic! Friendly staff who offer free popcorn, free movie rentals, etc.... The resort is very close to Disney and to all shops and stores. Great location!

I would definitely stay here again and definitely recommend it to other families!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 121 which was near the office so we had access to free WIFI.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Momfromcanada

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your comments. We are glad to hear that you were pleased with our accommodations. It sounds like you enjoyed our amenities and resort. We are delighted to know that our staff was able to meet your needs. We look forward to your next visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Comfort Suites Maingate East
Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club
Polynesian Isles Resort
Polynesian Isles Resort
#2 of 154 in Kissimmee

Been to Magic Tree Resort? Share your experiences!