The Barefoot Suites
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Galleria Palms Hotel(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$109
Destiny Palms Hotel Maingate West(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$315
US$259
Vacatia.com
Liki Tiki Village(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$112
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Comfort Suites Maingate East(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
US$142
US$125
Comfort Inn Maingate(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$86
ComfortInn
Quality Suites The Royale Parc Suites(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
US$209
US$115
QualityInn
US$333
US$308
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Star Island Resort and Club(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
US$105
Flamingo Waterpark Resort(Kissimmee)
US$61
US$56
Travelocity
All reviewsold townfull kitchenwasher and dryerliving roomfun spothighly recommend this propertydisney parkshome away from homebottom floorboth bedroomsnice sizenice pool areaclose proximityorlando areahot tubdvd playerking bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Where to start - I almost don't want to review so as not to let the secret out of the bag! We loved this condo for so many reasons. Outside are 2 lovely pools, hot tub, bbq areas, play area, beautiful small lake (with alligator and turtles) and all rooms overlooking the lovely trees where we saw raccoons, lots of bird life and wild deer coming out to feed early evening. Everything is painted in lovely summery colours and in great condition. Because of the block backing onto this lovely natural habitat it was easy to forget when sitting on the balcony that you were slap bang in the tourist centre of Kissimmee.

I was a bit concerned by noise levels due to some earlier reviews. However our condo seemed to be newly refurbished with what felt like a thick rubbery underlay beneath the new carpet so unless one of the kids in the room upstairs was jumping up and down we really didn't hear any other guests at all. Old Town is over the road and on cruise nights it can get a little noisy but the aircon and fan drown most of it out and to be honest we loved being that close to Old Town. There's free live bands early evening before the cruises, and we appreciated being able to walk over to enjoy dinner, drinks and the fairground rides without having to drive anywhere after a long sticky day at the theme parks.

The condos are huge with a massive open plan kitchen / lounge / diner, king size bed (or larger - three pillows wide!) in the main bedroom with en suite bathroom area and queen sized bed and separate bathroom for our daughter, all with plasma tvs. The fittings and furniture are excellent quality and immaculate.

What stands this place apart is the attention to detail. There's proper black out curtains so you get a great sleep. There's mosquito nets across the balcony so you can sit out and enjoy the evenings without getting bitten. There's a welcome pack of supplies, so you don't have to worry about washing up liquid, dishwasher crystals, coffee, toilet rolls etc running out and more can be obtained from the reception.

We had a good chat and laugh with the reception staff so not sure I understand some of the earlier comments about their surliness.

I only have 2 criticisms to make. Firstly we emailed the hotel direct and via facebook to request a lower level room as my husband is petrified (I'm talking full on phobia!) of heights but they didn't respond and we got put on the 5th floor meaning he had to practically shut his eyes to get from the lift to the room. Second, the entry security gate was never closed, and there's no key code to get into the pedestrian security gate...so I'm not sure exactly what the point of the security gates are if anyone can get in and out.

However this doesn't detract from the fact that this is a simply gorgeous condo with great facilities, attention to detail, friendly staff and fabulous location just a short drive from Disney. I would definitely come back.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank ClaireCEssex
sheryl c, Director of Sales at The Barefoot Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2013

Thank you for writing. I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at our Condo Suites.
It is always nice to hear such positive reviews.
We hope you do come back in the near future.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

We were 3 travelling from Ft Myers to NY via Orlando to have some funtime at Universal & so some outlet shopping.
Needed a practical room to relax in & booked a 1-bedroom room incl sofabed.Upon arrival we had an issue with lack of towels and the toilet that didnt flush and contacted reception. The very positive and service-minded young man at the reception came immediately to our room and provided us with both bath towels & pool towels. When he checked the toilet he informed that since the toilet couldnt be fixed before later in the evening and immediately checked on the opportunity to change rooms.
He came quickly back and gave us roomcards for a new neighboring room UPGRADED with 2 bedrooms ~ what a nice gest he did for us!
Perfect spacious rooms and optimal with washer/dryer in room, dishwasher, full modern kitchen & utilisations. Everything you need! We didnt order cleaning but got towels daily & other complimentary ammenedies upon request.

The pool was great to relax in too and carparking was straight in front of the room. Elevator & trolleys made disembarking/embarking convenient.

Some minuses:
The straff could have been in general more interested & positive to their guests. The young guy in the reception who helped us was the only service-minded happyfaced friendly staff - hope management treats hun extra welll!
WiFi ~Poor connection

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kikiro
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Chose Barefoot for our Orlando trip and selected 2 suites (2 families) in the 2nd week of June. The rentals are good but getting the hotel staff on phone was a painful exercise. Then when we got them on phone to verify our booking they'd put us on hold and then drop the call. When we complained on arrival the response was that due to shortage of staff they were "busy". By the time we checked in both my friend and I were fuming. We were sure we'd wrecked our families 3 nights 4 days by selecting this place. Then we walked into our suites and all our frustration just disappeared. Large spacious 2 bed self-catering apartment-suites, with a living room, clean spotless well stocked open kitchen, TV in each bed and the living room, clean well tiled shower, separate toilets all en-suite. A balcony which over looked the wooded area. The swimming pool and play area were a little further away from the building but this place is designed for an extended vacation stay. The neighboring area has an amusement park and a flea market at a walking distance when you're not in the mood for the Disneys, Universal, Epcot. The internal directory reads like a rule book - ignore it, except for the part of the checkout time. On the day of check out our car wouldn't start since we might have the lights on. As we were out-of-towners we asked for some contacts for a garage close by. Believe me, no help was forthcoming. We know it isn't a part of your deal but hey what happened to considerateness. Bottomline message - enjoy your suite and compare prices, don't bank on any service and you might walk away smiling.

Room Tip: Keep to the apartment suites in the building - seem good value
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank MAEsmail
Reviewed 3 August 2013

I've stayed in this hotel before and never had problems, but this was enough to make me NEVER stay again! Between them "losing" our reservation, the "security" guard being horribly rude and having profanities on his shirt, the lack of English speaking staff, no AC in our unit, no help when you call down to the front desk, and the rudeness of staff, I will NEVER stay. You would think after making someone go through all of this they would at least offer a discount or something, but no, I paid full price for a horrible experience that started our vacation off on a really low note... So disappointing. :(

Room Tip: Don't use Orbitz, apparently they don't check their system and transfer the reservations...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank SteveVT01
sheryl c, Director of Sales at The Barefoot Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2013

Thank you for taking your time to review your time at The Barefoot Suites.
I wanted to reach out to you right away, and let you know that we will review this as a team, and certainly send this right to our General Manager for review. I apologize that this was your experience, and do hope you give us an opportunity in the future.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

We had a room overlooking the pond and the gator :)
We were on the bottom floor. The only thing that I did not like was the noise from the first group of people above us. It really is like you are in a poorly insulated house. It was just one woman and two teens but it was rather awful when they were home. Now, the next group was larger and the kids were younger but it was much quieter!

It was not the largest condo but it was well appointed. I would not hesitate to recommend it; I would go back myself.

The location was good too. We went to downtown Disney often. The Publx and plenty of restaurants were close by.

We enjoyed Old Towne. Ate there a few times, bought a few treasures.

The internet that we had to pay for was iffy. So was Sprint phone reception. I had a job phone interview I was preparing for and having access to the internet only sporadically was a bit frustrating. Worse, though, was the phone issue. I had to plan to sit in a parking lot to be able to have reliable reception. That being said, most people would be staying here to get away from work so it should not keep them from enjoying the condo.

Room Tip: If noise might be an issue, you may wish to ask for an upper room if available. Be sure to turn off your coffee pot; they do not go off by themselves and we had to call and have someone go into the room to turn ours off once we realized we left it on. (The office sent someone; they were very nice.)
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business