“Great Location”

Ranked #31 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
Bayamon, Puerto Rico
“Great Location”
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Last June, after many years of staying in Celebration Suites and growing tired of the many issues there, I decided to visit Barefoot Suites and check the facilities. The Front Desk were polite and showed me a 2 bedroom suite. I was impressed. Finally I was able to stay in Barefoot Suites from January 20th to January 22nd and was extremely happy with my stay. I choose the two bedroom suite. Quite spacious with a full kitchen. Great living room space. Most of all it is quite peaceful. Thanks to Evelyn for her hospitality. I will return in the summer.

1 Thank Michael R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Mableton, Georgia
Reviewed 28 January 2014

The unit I stayed in was very much like a vacation condo. It was an end unit, on a single level, with no units above. Many air condition units were outside the bedroom window...that may be a noise problem during the summer when they are running. Old town was in direct view from the sliding glass door to the patio off the living room. Music was loud from Old Town, so you may want a unit farthest from Old Town to avoid the noise. There was another patio off the bedrooom as info. Flat screen TVs in the living room and bedroom. The bathroom was large, as was the kitchen. A sleeper sofa was in the living area for additional sleeping capacity. The property was gated, so this offered another layer of security. I called in a minor problem to maintenance and the repairman was at my door seconds after the call - VERY attentive. Many restaurants are within walking distance. This is one of the better placed I have stayed.
The only complaint I have about this place is that it is called by many names. I stayed in the Key West style section. It is called "Barefoot'n in the keys resort" according to the keyholder they gave me. My one bedroom was located just to the right of the high rise building that was part of the same gated property that may go by another name.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I stay here about 3 times a year for car shows and have always had great stays! The Manager, Evelyn and her staff are always pleasant & and it is just a great place to stay!! It is nice that the Hotel is gated and right across from Old Town!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Wemeldinge, The Netherlands
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We stayed the second week of january and had a one bedroomsuite on the right hand of the property in key west style houses. We stayed on the second floor.

Pro: clean, large bathroom with jaccuzi and seperate shower
Friendly personnel who helped out when our booking by otel.com was not clear at first.
The pool looked nice, but was too cold during the time we visited. Small kitchenette, with one pit mobile stove.
Washing machine and dryer in the room, beds very comfortable. We had our doubts when we heard the noice of Old Town the first night when outside. Inside the room we did not hear any noice in the front or back room of the suite. It was in the week of Disney Marathon and we really had no problems. Nice playground for kids, wallmart and publix not too far and only 15 minutes from wdw. Very comfortable stay. Good price.

Cons: we thought you could hear a lot of the downstair neighbours and we did not mind, but I think they also could hear everything from us and with two little kids I would prefer next time a downstairs room, because we had to tell them all day to be quite and walk like little mouses. That was not very relaxing. We were gone all day to wdw so it was not a major problem. The kitchen could use some extra pans. Next time we would request a suite with a full kitchen.(we thought we did).

The Villages, Florida
Reviewed 19 January 2014

We were pleasantly surprised to get a very nice lodging for a group in a two bedroom suite fully furnished. (No alarm clock), but certainly can live without that. The staff were pleasant, helpful and courteous. It was very quiet, we were facing the "Old Town" on the 5th floor. We will plan to use this facility again. We needed the sofa bed and having arrived later in evening after desk closed, we were lucky to reach someone who sent linens with the security personnel within minutes when we realized they were not in the room.

Room Tip: 5th floor facing old town was good and our patio overlooked the pool and small water area outside.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
puerto rico
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I stayed at this resort and i will say that the room was beautiful and the staff was amazing. I did come across a small moment where my room did not have any soap or paper towels but the next day the staff supplied me with it so it was perfect. I love the convenience of it being so close to the parks and old town is real nice. My kids had so much fun and already asking when we are returning, would stay here and recommend it. The pool is nice and again the location is perfect, restaurants near by if there is a day you don't want to eat in. The front desk manager is very nice.

2 Thank redpoker
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I was very excited to try out the Barefoot Suites. I went to this site and many others and read great reviews and had high hopes for the place. We were going up for the Disney Marathon and it was important that my husband (who was running everyday for 4 days straight) had a hotel close to Disney. We rented two rooms....a 2 bedroom suite and a connecting 1 bedroom suite for my inlaws. At first everything went smoothly.....then it went downhill fast. In summary:

- The 1 bedroom suite smelled really bad like smoke even though it was a non smoking room
- It took multiple phone calls and going to the front desk before we got soap (3 bathrooms and two kitchens and they supplied zero soap!!!!) or paper towels. When we finally received the soap it was three bars and they were the body bars for the shower.
- The 1 bedroom suite has the bedroom in the front. The 2 bedroom suite has one bedroom in the front and the master in the back. If you stay in one of the front rooms, don't plan on going to bed before 1am. The noise from Old Town is SO loud. I couldn't get over how loud it was. Many reviewers said how quite the resort was.....I don't see how thats even possible. It was horrible.
- Day 2: I heard a dog barking. I called the front desk to find out if they allowed dogs and they said no. Turns out the dog was an employee's dog that was living in the hotel!!! I had to call numerous times to complain about the dog. Every time they said they would tell him to quite the dog.....but they didn't make him remove the dog even though there are no pets allowed at the hotel.
-Day 2/3: My husband and I couldn't sleep because we were so hot. In the morning we realized the AC had broken over night. It took until 4pm the next day before it was fixed. They offered to change rooms since the entire hotel was empty except for 3 or so rooms. What they didn't realize is we had moved in....I have a young daughter so I had all her stuff, a fully stocked fridge. Clothes were unpack and put away. Its not like we can just pack up in 5 mins and change rooms. Luckily they fixed it.
-Day 3: 9:30pm and the fire alarm went off! I called the front desk to find out if it was an actual fire and the guy who answered told me "know this happens from time to time".
-Day 4: 5:30am and 5:45am the fire alarm goes off AGAIN!!!!!!!!! This ruined our entire day. My daughter wouldn't go back to sleep...which effected the rest of the day.
-Day 4: 6:30pm the fire alarm went off again!!!!!!!!!
-Day 5: We were woken up to the fire alarm going off again!!!!!! This time it was at 1:30am!!!

The front desk manager was nice enough to give me a night free for each room because of the ac issue, but they refused to refund our money for the other issues. I used to travel for a living and would stay in hotels for months...I have never, ever had such a horrible hotel stay. Don't waste your money on this hell hole. There are a lot better condo rentals in the area.

5 Thank popik2014