Spent nine nights at this property. We stayed in the closest building on the left, when you enter the gated terrain, close to the entrance gate. Location is perfect, close to US192, adjacent to Old Town and Fun Spot, close to Disney World (15 mins with traffic lights). Restaurants within walking distance, everything is nearby and you don't even need your car all the time. Friendly staff.
There is free parking and lots of space for it , one car per room (not that I would pay for parking in Kissimmee). Liked the Keys theme, but the room lacked atmosphere. It was missing plants and such, it looked a bit empty. Cleaning can be done much better. Noticed small hairs on the bath tub and one in the fridge. Tiles need to be mopped, got black socks from walking over it. Also vacuuming can be done better, lots of dust and other things behind the nightstands. No bugs whatsoever in the room. Also checked for bedbugs (I check this everywhere I sleep), but found nothing. Did find old blood spots from previous person on
the bedsheet. Again, this must have be seen by the cleaning crew, but clearly no action has been taken .
Refrigerator was rusty. I complained about this. Get rid of this one and buy a new one.
Sloppy paint job; Paint where it does not belong and painting around objects (for example the headboard) is a joke. Done too quick, take some more time for this.
Walls and floors are very thin. Very little insulation. You can hear your neighbors (also our downstairs neighbors) very good. Laughing, talking, sleeping, coughing etc.
I couldn't get a single night of good sleep. I am a very light sleeper. Heard noise outside (dump trucks at 5.30am emptying garbage containers nearby), the ticking boiler in the room at random times, opening and closing of the gate at night (beeps). The only thing that did not bother me, was the noise from Old Town. Take your earplugs with you when you go here, if you are a light sleeper like me.
Site is gated, but entry gate is open most of the time. Didn't give me an unsafe feeling, yet it should be closed, especially in the busy weekends at Old Town. Swimming pool was freezing cold. They did not have the pool heater on, while they advertize on the website for having a heated pool. It was too cold to swim in it. Small gator in the lake next to the pool. About 5 feet tall and couple of years old.
Would not recommend this place because of the noise issues, caused by the thin walls and floors. Old Town never bothered me, neighbors and other things (dump trucks in the middle of the night backing up, beeping gate, boiler)
did. Cleaning can be so much better. Location is perfect, but that is all this place has got to offer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At The Barefoot Suites, you will step into a tropical oasis in the middle of all the Central Florida attractions. Our gated suites resort emanates the charm of "Old Key West". Experience the turn-of-the century feel, yesterday's spacious rooms, and today's convenience. Airy one-bedroom suites with queen beds or 2 bedroom suites with a queen/King bed both are complete with living room, dining room, and fully equipped kitchens, each suite features a Full-sized sofa-sleeper for extra sleeping space. Enjoy the view of our private lake immerse yourself in our heated pools or hot tub. Adjacent are great dining options and activities for the entire family at Old Town Entertainment Complex. The Maingate entrance to Disney is just 3 miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Barefoot Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barefoot`n In The Keys Hotel Kissimmee
- Barefoot Keys
- The Barefoot Suites Kissimmee, Florida