“Thin walls”

The Barefoot Suites
Ranked #31 of 155 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Spent nine nights at this property. We stayed in the closest building on the left, when you enter the gated terrain, close to the entrance gate. Location is perfect, close to US192, adjacent to Old Town and Fun Spot, close to Disney World (15 mins with traffic lights). Restaurants within walking distance, everything is nearby and you don't even need your car all the time. Friendly staff.

There is free parking and lots of space for it , one car per room (not that I would pay for parking in Kissimmee). Liked the Keys theme, but the room lacked atmosphere. It was missing plants and such, it looked a bit empty. Cleaning can be done much better. Noticed small hairs on the bath tub and one in the fridge. Tiles need to be mopped, got black socks from walking over it. Also vacuuming can be done better, lots of dust and other things behind the nightstands. No bugs whatsoever in the room. Also checked for bedbugs (I check this everywhere I sleep), but found nothing. Did find old blood spots from previous person on
the bedsheet. Again, this must have be seen by the cleaning crew, but clearly no action has been taken .

Refrigerator was rusty. I complained about this. Get rid of this one and buy a new one.
Sloppy paint job; Paint where it does not belong and painting around objects (for example the headboard) is a joke. Done too quick, take some more time for this.

Walls and floors are very thin. Very little insulation. You can hear your neighbors (also our downstairs neighbors) very good. Laughing, talking, sleeping, coughing etc.
I couldn't get a single night of good sleep. I am a very light sleeper. Heard noise outside (dump trucks at 5.30am emptying garbage containers nearby), the ticking boiler in the room at random times, opening and closing of the gate at night (beeps). The only thing that did not bother me, was the noise from Old Town. Take your earplugs with you when you go here, if you are a light sleeper like me.

Site is gated, but entry gate is open most of the time. Didn't give me an unsafe feeling, yet it should be closed, especially in the busy weekends at Old Town. Swimming pool was freezing cold. They did not have the pool heater on, while they advertize on the website for having a heated pool. It was too cold to swim in it. Small gator in the lake next to the pool. About 5 feet tall and couple of years old.

Would not recommend this place because of the noise issues, caused by the thin walls and floors. Old Town never bothered me, neighbors and other things (dump trucks in the middle of the night backing up, beeping gate, boiler)
did. Cleaning can be so much better. Location is perfect, but that is all this place has got to offer.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TheDutchOne

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Amazing, unbelievable value for the price. It was living in the small apartment for the weekend--a fully furnished, small apartment. Complete with all kitchen appliances (yes, even a blender), utensils, mixing bowls. Not that we used all of that because our goal was a getaway, not to cook, but what a wonderful set up for a family.

It was clean (except for noticeable stains on the couch--but that's okay, I had already thought ahead to that and brought a blanket with us to cover it up just because I'm like that), plenty of linens and all.

Way more than expected in all aspects.

The location was superb. Anything and everything you could want to eat was around. Plenty of fun things to do for kids and will totally bring my kid back to enjoy the property and activities.

Great staff and service.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2014

We stayed here only for one night but it was much better than I expected. I would definitely stay here again. Unit was clean and well equipped. The beds were comfortable. Pool was a little cold but the hot tub was great.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We stayed at Barefoot Suites Dec, 2013. The suite we stayed in was clean & updated, however, there were multiple problems with the unit & location.

1) The walls are extremely thin! There were many late nights where we could hear the tv or people people talking in the unit beside us. We've stayed in numerous condos & hotel rooms and this was by far the most noise we've heard from our neighbors.

2) The amusement park, Old Town, is across the street and extremely noisy! We stayed in a unit that was furthest from the park, but we could clearly hear all the noise late into the night. Horrid!

3) The pool was freezing! The website claimed that the pool was heated, but my children quickly turned blue after only a few minutes swimming. It was extremely frustrating & disappointing when you are staying there an entire week & your kids cannot use the pool for fear of hypothermia. The suites were not very busy the week we stayed there & it seems they turned the pool heater off to save $$. Disappointing.

Overall, I would not recommend this hotel to anyone unless you are hard-of-hearing & don't plan on using the pool in the winter. We will never return to Barefoot Suites and regret spending the money to stay there.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Bargain_Hunter713
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Last June, after many years of staying in Celebration Suites and growing tired of the many issues there, I decided to visit Barefoot Suites and check the facilities. The Front Desk were polite and showed me a 2 bedroom suite. I was impressed. Finally I was able to stay in Barefoot Suites from January 20th to January 22nd and was extremely happy with my stay. I choose the two bedroom suite. Quite spacious with a full kitchen. Great living room space. Most of all it is quite peaceful. Thanks to Evelyn for her hospitality. I will return in the summer.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Michael R
Reviewed 28 January 2014

The unit I stayed in was very much like a vacation condo. It was an end unit, on a single level, with no units above. Many air condition units were outside the bedroom window...that may be a noise problem during the summer when they are running. Old town was in direct view from the sliding glass door to the patio off the living room. Music was loud from Old Town, so you may want a unit farthest from Old Town to avoid the noise. There was another patio off the bedrooom as info. Flat screen TVs in the living room and bedroom. The bathroom was large, as was the kitchen. A sleeper sofa was in the living area for additional sleeping capacity. The property was gated, so this offered another layer of security. I called in a minor problem to maintenance and the repairman was at my door seconds after the call - VERY attentive. Many restaurants are within walking distance. This is one of the better placed I have stayed.
The only complaint I have about this place is that it is called by many names. I stayed in the Key West style section. It is called "Barefoot'n in the keys resort" according to the keyholder they gave me. My one bedroom was located just to the right of the high rise building that was part of the same gated property that may go by another name.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I stay here about 3 times a year for car shows and have always had great stays! The Manager, Evelyn and her staff are always pleasant & and it is just a great place to stay!! It is nice that the Hotel is gated and right across from Old Town!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Quality Suites The Royale Parc Suites
Comfort Suites Maingate East
Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Kissimmee/Celebration
Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista South
Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area
Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration

Been to The Barefoot Suites? Share your experiences!