Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista South
Ranked #1 of 155 Hotels in Kissimmee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 28 January 2013 via mobile

My family was in town for a gymnastics meet in Jan 2013. Good location 10 min to Disney. Nice looking interior. Kids enjoyed the pool. Parents will enjoy free happy hour - I know I did. Restaurant at hotel did make some gluten free items for us. Overall I would stay here again in an instant.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Brian M
ESLBVSAGM, Assistant General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista South, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2013

Brian M,

Thank you for your excellent review of our hotel. I was particularly pleased to hear that our kitchen staff was able to accommodate your request for some gluten free items. I would like to heavily stress that our kitchen staff is extremely accommodating to the varying dietary needs of our guests, when given enough advance notice. Our staff really prides itself in taking steps that result in the eventual outcome of a happy guest.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,194)

Reviewed 27 January 2013

I was told this property opened last fall. It is one of the nicest Embassy Suites I have stayed in. For being a new hotel, they have all the kinks worked out. The entire staff was great. I was there for a small convention, the banquet food and service was top notch. I would highly reccomend this property.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Jim K

Jim K,
Thank you for your 5-star review. I am also glad to hear that your convention went well. With 40,000 sq. ft. of convention space, we can accommodate large conventions and gatherings. It is great to hear your stay was made perfect by the many different departments that help make this hotel (in my opinion) the best Embassy Suites in the world.

Reviewed 25 January 2013

This would be a 5 star rating if it was not for the poor customer service with the resrvation staff who quoted me one rate and then changed the rate. Then had several bad excuses for the reason. I still booked the reservation regardless due to the function we were attending at this location. If I had to do it again I would book though Expedia or Travelocity instead of dealing with the horrible service provided to me and the rate increase they so not-kindly instilled on my family.Hotel was worth what we ended up paying for. I just do not appreciate the rudeness and untruthfulness.
On a better note the Hotel is a very nice place. Breakfast was nice and night reception good. Rooms were spacious and clean! The face to face staff deserve a 5 star as they were all helpful, so kind and amazing! The location of the hotel is great! Close to Disney/Magic Kingdom,Downtown Disney, Old Town, Shopping, food and more! Enjoyed the stay and would stay again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank SKS74
ESLBVSAGM, Assistant General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista South, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2013

SKS74,

Thank you for your in-depth review. I was extremely surprised to hear you did not have a positive experience from our reservations team. Our hotel has chosen to staff our own on-site reservations team. Among many other factors, we believed that having our own on-site reservations team would lead to a more personalized reservations experience for our guests. Many times the reservations process is the first impression a guest has of a hotel and we wanted to ensure that we are perfect from beginning to end. While hotel rates vary daily due to occupancy levels, we strive to inform every guest who makes a reservation of the daily rate and of any changes in rates throughout their requested stay dates. Once a guest reserves a rate and it is confirmed, we would never change the rate post reservation. I will present your comments to our reservations team in an effort to ensure that we continue to be very clear on the nightly room rates. Despite the issues prior to your arrival, it seems our breakfast, reception, and “spacious and clean” suites really made a huge difference in your stay.

I am very happy to hear you would stay with us again. That is our goal for each and every guest that stays with us.

Thank you and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you soon.

Reviewed 25 January 2013 via mobile

This is the 2nd time I am posting this review. For some reason, TA did not post my 1st review. Stayed for 3 nts. Pros: new, stylish suites; bountiful breakfast. Cons: a lot of traffic congestion in area. Took us 45 minutes to travel 3 miles for dinner. Tip: If going to Disney or universal, save yourself frustration and stAy on campus to avoid traffic woes. We pd $200 per nt at this hotel - and while very nice - I have paid similar at Disney resorts. Another con: surrounding area not that great. Lots of hookah (as in smoking) parlors, massage spas and cell phone outlets in strip malls. Very few places to eat nearby (unless you like subway or hotel food). Last con: bear in mind this is a hotel - not a resort. Small pool area. Would not rule this hotel out , just really think about what you are looking to do while in Orlando.

• Stayed: December 2012
4  Thank islandjule
ESLBVSAGM, Assistant General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista South, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2013

Islandjule,

Thank you for your review and for posting beautiful pictures of your suite. I find that our guests really enjoy our location because of the nearby amenities. A 24 hour Wal-Mart and Publix Supermarket are located less than a quarter mile from us. There are several fast food chain restaurants within walking distance: Taco Bell, Burger King, Subway, Pizza Hut, and Arby’s to name a few. There are also excellent “mom and pop” restaurants in the area (which are my personal favorite). There are also sit-down chain restaurants within a quarter mile such as Smokey Bones, Olive Garden, and a Cici’s pizza. Again, these are just a small fraction of the nearby dining establishments, and our concierge is able to recommend and reserve tables at other excellent restaurants in the area.

Thanks again for your review and for considering us for your next Orlando adventure!

Reviewed 25 January 2013

Hotel opened late 2012 and is very new and in fantastic shape. Usual Embassy Suites amenities with good breakfast, functional work space and the added benefit of a separate working area and couch. Good service and would definitely recommend.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank AAEXPFlyer

SuperNaturalBC,
Thanks for your review and for recommending our hotel to Tripadvisor readers and our future guests.

Reviewed 24 January 2013

Great hotel, very fast check-in, nice staff.
I was surprised at how big the suite was. Plenty of space for our family.
The hotel is brand new, beautifully decorated, and its in a good location to visit Disney World.
The complementary breakfast is a full breakfast buffet with good selectiions, best complimentary breakfast.
We traveled with a group with a total of 4 suites, everyone really enjoyed staying here.
I'll definitely stay at this Embassy Suites again. Management is definetely doing a good job!!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank fl5fl

fl5fl,
Thank you for your 5-star review! I really appreciate the accolades you have given our staff and our building.

We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 24 January 2013

Well,let me tell you. I have travelled more than 35 years and have been all over the world and stayed in some of the best 5 star hotels and I was so thrilled after staying at this property. This hotel is right up there with the best of them! Great service, friendly staff, great buffet, location and oh my the beds! What a sleep we had. And for once in my life, no noises from adjoining rooms or people in the halls! We were there when it was New Year's Eve. The hotel sent everyone a notice that they would not put up with people causing noise or damage. Good for them for that! I think all hotels should read customers the "riot act". Too many times people have no regard for other guests and make all kinds of noise or cause trouble. Just book this hotel and your worries are over! Can't wait to go back.Thank you Embassy Suites!

• Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank JOHN565656

JOHN565656,
Thank you for your fantastic review! As you mentioned, we take preventative measures to ensure that all of guests are able to have a great time at our hotel without compromising the experience of others. Thanks again and we hope we have made you a lifelong guest of ours!