“I love this place.”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista South
Ranked #1 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 17 April 2013

I really do! All suite hotel with plenty of room for our family of 6, with a 2 yr old and two 6 yr olds. Breakfast is very good with a full spread and an omelette bar. Have not experienced the manager reception here.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
2  Thank Monica S
ESLBVSAGM, Assistant General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista South, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2013

Monica S,
Thanks for your review! I look forward to your next stay, where you will hopefully enjoy the Manager’s Reception and subsequently write another amazing review about it.
Thanks again!

Reviewed 17 April 2013

There is a notion that International Drive( or I-Drive as locals call it ) is the heart of Orlando and if you are a tourist there is no other better place to stay. That notion is further cemented by the plethora of properties on I-Drive, lively tourist crowds, and almost an over-supply of restaurants in that area. If you were visiting Orlando and did not stay in I-Drive, it is considered an unpardonable mistake.

Having lived in Orlando, I will tell you that there is value in being a contrarian. If you break the rules and look a little beyond, you will find better value and tangible benefits( such as not sitting in the I-Drive traffic ) in plenty of other perfectly good alternatives. The new Embassy suites is one such property.

Note the adjective "New". This is a new property and it feels that way the moment you walk in. I have stayed in many Embassy Suites during my years of travel and this property not only upholds the brand values, but exceeds it by a long stretch. Very clean, exceptional service and professional staff. The hotel is very conveniently located on 192, the "less known" route to Disney campus. Restaurants and other conveniences are within a half mile radius, and are less crowded compared to many popular dining joints on I-Drive. This means you will spend less time sitting in traffic, or waiting at the restaurant for a table, and spend more time enjoying your vacation.

Ask for a room on 9th floor or higher, on the north or north-western side of the hotel and you can catch nightly fireworks - Epcot and Magic Kingdom - right from your room!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on 9th floor or higher, on the north or north-western side of the hotel and you can c...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank DrWorldTraveller
ESLBVSAGM, Assistant General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista South, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2013

DrWorldTraveller,
Thank you so much for this amazing review. While I agree that the I-drive area has some fine lodging establishments, I also concur that there are plenty of other gems around the area- with us being one of them. As you mentioned, we are new and are situated in a great location. I’m also glad you enjoyed your fireworks view suite!

Reviewed 17 April 2013

I stayed at this hotel for both business and pleasure. Hotel is fairly new and in excellent condition. Bathroom was immaculate and bed was excellent! Loved the "suite" idea of having a "living area" and then a bedroom. Comes complete with microwave, refrigerator /freezer and the daily comp breakfast was THE BEST I've ever experienced at a place of lodging. Yay for the egg white omelets from the omelet bar! pool area could have been bigger for the size of the hotel - but still lovely. I was surprised by the lack of complimentary Wi-Fi (it's a $9.99 charge for 24 hrs), however otherwise I can't complain.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
1  Thank Allison G

Allison G,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. While we do charge for in-room internet, we offer several options to our guests. We have a business center with printers and offer complimentary wi-fi in our lobby. Thanks again!

Reviewed 15 April 2013

We stayed here on a recent trip to Disney/Sea World and we had a terrific stay. Near flawless experience. The rooms are spacious and clean. The bed was comfortable and overstuffed with pillows. A nice pool and hot tub, which was open late (ideal for post-park relaxation!). Nice amenities at your fingertips: a decent sized refrigerator (VERY helpful for fresh food and milk for our little one), microwave, coffeemaker, and laundry right down the hall. There was a decent breakfast every morning to get us started (eggs to order, fruit, cereal, breads), and evening Manager's cocktail hour, which is another reason we love the Embassy Suites chain. Very courteous staff. Helpful and friendly team of concierges.

We found our room to be very quiet. Out of five nights I only heard other guests once or twice through the adjoining door, which is something I always worry about. And I KNOW there were a ton of families staying at the hotel this particular weekend, so I was pleasantly surprised.

Blackout curtains were great. Super comfortable beds. We both got very restful sleep each night which is key when you're hittin' the parks!

One note if you're traveling with little ones: We had reserved a crib for our 1.5 year old, but upon arrival were told it was a 'pack & play' which she doesn't well sleep in. She slept in our bed most nights so we wouldn't disturb our neighbors if she cried in the middle of the night. Can't fault them for trying that, as crib safety regulations seem to change every few years, but that option didn't work out for us. Not a big deal.

We'll be back!

Room Tip: We were on the 10th floor away from the elevators and it was nice and quiet. It's a slightly lon...
1  Thank Digital_Lily
ESLBVSAGM, Assistant General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista South, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2013

Digital_Lily,
Thank you for your many accolades about our staff and service. It is great you were surprised with how quiet our suites were. I am also glad you and your 1.5 year old slept well. Thanks again and we look forward to being given the opportunity to serve you again!

Reviewed 15 April 2013

I am very saddened, and frankly shocked, to report that the walls in this hotel are paper thin. Let me say that I am a fan of the Embassy Suites brand and, in general, Hilton. I have stayed at various Embassy Suites, and Hilton, for dozens of nights over the years. I will continue to stay at Embassy Suites in the future, but most certainly, not this property.

My family stayed here for two nights in February. The interior and exterior of the hotel are beautiful and very well maintained. The decor, linens and general comfort offered herein is excellent. The first night we slept very well. Then, the second night came. We could VERY clearly hear the family next door to us speaking at a normal level. We could hear literally every single thing done and said in their room. I am shocked and appalled that the Hilton Corporation would subscribe to such inherently inferior construction. Moreover, I am certain the family next door to us was speaking at a normal tone. I find this horrid construction inexcusable.

While I give high marks to the Embassy Suites brand I most certainly will NEVER stay in this paper thin wall hotel again. In all fairness, let me say everything else about this establishment was at least very good. The breakfast buffet, the safety, the exterior and interior decor, the pool, the comfort of the beds,...I could go on and on. But I cannot with a clear conscience fail to warn my fellow travelers of the paper thin walls at this particular Embassy Suites. I most firmly believe that Hilton must be held accountable for constructing a hotel with horrible insulation and or terrible sound proofing between guest rooms. While I recommend Embassy Suites, in general, I STRONGLY recommend AGAINST staying at this property due to faulty and sub-par construction.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank coffeelawyer
ESLBVSAGM, Assistant General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista South, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2013

Coffeelawyer,
Thank you very much for giving me the opportunity to address your concerns. Since our opening in September of 2012, I have read and responded to many Tripadvisor reviews from guests like yourself who were very impressed with the interior and exterior of the hotel. Many of those same guests remarked about how spacious and quiet their suites were, despite having stayed at our hotel during high peak times such as the winter holiday season and spring break. Because of the consistent praise about the quietness of the hotel suites, I was very surprised to read how you felt about noise levels in your suite. I understand that noise levels are particularly subjective. What one guest may perceive to be loud might seem normal to another guest and very quiet to another, and so forth. I therefore empathize and understand if you found your suite to be loud and sincerely apologize for that.

I believe that at the core of successful hospitality lies an inherent necessity to understand that all guests have varying degrees of needs, expectations, and sensitivities. With that philosophy on the forefront of their minds, our front office team is extremely accommodating when guests request specific suite locations/features. Some of the more common requests are for suites in high floor locations away from the elevators and ice machines. Some guests have also requested suites with non-connecting doors, which we also have available. Guests who make these requests are usually aware of their heightened sensitivity for noise, and we believe it is mutually beneficial that we place these guests in the best situation for a great nights’ sleep. Lastly, we take any and all noise complaints very seriously and have a 'zero tolerance' policy for horseplay and excessive noise during nighttime hours. We react swiftly and efficiently when a guest informs us of excessive noise because our goal is to never let a guest compromise the experience of another.

I always appreciate guest feedback. It is a great opportunity to improve our service and gear our product to better serve the needs of travelers. I sincerely hope you would consider our hotel again, and I look forward to the possibility of serving you again.

Reviewed 15 April 2013

We stay at Embassy Suites frequently and choose it whenever we can due to the incredible value received for your dollar. This hotel is new (they told us it was opened in Sept 2012) and it is beautiful. We booked adjoining suites for us and for our adult children with their kids. We kept the connecting doors opened and we all shared what became very spacious quarters. The suite was immaculate and almost looked like it had never been used before. We were on the 10 floor right down from the elevators and all was quiet and peaceful (except what was going on in our own suites!!). We did not have the Disney view but the view was very nice just the same. We thoroughly enjoyed the managers reception. Sangria was one of the offerings and it was dressed with a cherry and orange slice- so good! Rather run of the mill snacks but quite tasty- crackers, chips, salsa AND guacamole (very good), crudites and ranch dressing. The breakfast was crowded (it was Sunday morning at 10) as mentioned by other reviewers, but I have found this to be the case at most Embassy Suites we have stayed at. It is true that the configuration at this particular hotel needs a little "fixing" but I'm sure that as time goes on, they will figure out what works and what doesn't. So give it a little time folks. The food was quite good but would like to see pancakes or waffles and croissants offered (they did have french toast and also sugar free syrup which we don't see everywhere). Didn't use the pool but saw people enjoying it as we walked by. The restaurant, located in the middle of the atrium area, looked very inviting.There were 3 elevators and all worked very quickly during our stay. In the suite, the shower water pressure was a little low and we all found was that the pillows were a little hard. They started off plump but quickly flattened out and became hard. Hope they address this since it affects a good night's sleep and maybe even your next day if it gives you a stiff neck!
Location is very close to Disney- up 535 and left at World Drive. Sea World and Universal can be easily accessed from nearby I-4
Bottom line, we will stay here again in a heartbeat. Very enjoyable stay at a beautiful new hotel!

2  Thank tripsahoy16

tripsahoy16,
Thank you for your 5-Star review! I am very glad to see that we were able to impress a Triadvisor member that has reviewed 30+ hotels. I believe that is a testament to our genuine service and quality product. I’m thankful that you and your family have found your new home away from home in the Orlando/Kissimmee area.

Reviewed 15 April 2013

This is a new hotel, so there were no issues with the condition of the hotel. It is your typical rooms around a big atrium Embassy Suites configuration. Staff was quick with check in, breakfast was well stocked, almost too well since some items had been there for a while and were not the freshest. Met expectations for an Embassy Suites.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank WheresTheBBQ

WheresTheBBQ,
Thank you for your 5-Star review. Our goal is to exceed all of our guests’ expectations. I hope we have done a well enough job with our service to warrant a return trip from you and your family. We hope to see you again in the near future.