“Embassy Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista South”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista South
Ranked #1 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Sandys, Bermuda
“Embassy Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista South”
Reviewed 26 April 2013

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is visitingOrlando. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. The suite that I had was lovely and vey comfortable. The complimentary breakfast is served daily and it outdoes the continental breakfasts that other hotels have. The hotel is located near a Publix Supermarket which is helpful especially if you have small children and need snacks. There s also a mini mart in the hotel. When visiting Orlando again I will definately stay there.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

ESLBVSAGM, Assistant General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista South, responded to this review, 11 May 2013
loveySandys-,
Thank you for your recommendation of our hotel! Our goal is to have every guest leave very satisfied with our services, but it is even more rewarding when a guest can’t wait to tell their friends and family about their experiences with us.
Thanks again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (319)
  • Korean first
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 25 April 2013

I was there last weekend on business and will return again coming August for a convention. They put the WOW in the property beautiful and newly built you can still smell the new inside the establishment.

Our group is really going to enjoy the location and the suites look like a condo little to no noise factor. The breakfast is free and excellent if I remember correctly there are about (8) TV's in the breaksfast area nice atmosphere lots of sitting.

Also in the between the lobby and dining area lot's of comfortable sitting. I love the manager reception which is free as well. We had a nice view on the 7th floor the beds I slept again like a baby each night I was there. My roommate and I did to have to race each other to the bathroom to put on our makeup. There is not one not two but three areas to do makeup!!!!

Awesome pool area with a hot tub the only complaint I have is that someone in the scheme of design planning forget to calculate more footage for the hot tub area it's somewhat long but not quite as wide as the other Embassy Suites hotels, but still I enjoyed it.

Nice shopping center within walking distance of the hotel across the street. Lots of eatery places and more shopping too.

The conference center is amazing down the hall away from the hotel area great for our group of about 200 that will be attending the convention.

Ample free parking for guest very well lit at lights the grounds are beautiful . I must come back and again next time not on business.

Room Tip: Come prepare to enjoy a wonderful stay
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Jarrieta55
ESLBVSAGM, Assistant General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista South, responded to this review, 27 April 2013
Jarrieta55,

Thank you for your excellent review, I am especially glad to hear that you are very excited about your return trip in August. Your room tip is certainly one that all of our future guests should follow!

I look forward to your next amazing review in August!
usa
Reviewed 25 April 2013

We recently spent 2 nights at the Embassy Suites Orlando, Lake Buena Vista South. People reading reviews should note that there is more than one Embassy Suites listed in Orlando, this is the newer one.

We generally loved this hotel as our place to stay while visiting Disney World. The 2 room suites are huge and nicely decorated, more modern than most. The living room was so nice, separated from the bedroom by a hallway and the bathroom. Comfortable new couch, 2 plush ottomans, comfy chair and a nice, roomy desk area. Microwave, fridge, safe are tucked away in the hallway, under a nice large counter with extra sink. Everything was nice, spacious, clean. Sheets and towels were nice and big and white. The bed was supportive, newer, and pretty comfortable. Lots of pillows and they were good.

The rooms all open onto an interior corridor and face the center of the building...very nice, felt very secure and again, modern and deluxe feeling. Elevators are glass on one side so you actually see people riding in them and it's kind of neat while you are riding too...no claustrophobia.

When we checked in, we got a little nervous because there was at least one high school basketball team there (maybe more) and we were worried about behavior and noise. The desk guy said he was sure to put the kids on their own floor just in case but the players we encountered were gentlemen, really nice and well behaved, even in the breakfast/reception area. Their parents should be proud!

Breakfast was free and there was plenty of room. It was fine with a large and varied selection. However, because they begin serving breakfast later on Sundays and we had to get to the airport, we had to miss it the second day :( If it started at the usual time, we would have been able to eat. The free evening reception was great.......we used it twice, getting free drinks. I got a sangria one night that was ok and then vodka tonics the next night......very good. Hubby had beers. They served only snacks, but nice ones: tortilla chips with salsa and guacamole, pretzels, celery, carrots, and ranch dip. But it was enough. So nice at the end of a rough day, trying to decide where and what to eat. The huge breakfast/reception room needs some work to make it quieter. Noise seems much worse in there than need be, maybe due to the high ceilings, I don't know.

My only complaint of the hotel was the fact that there was also too much noise in the room. I use a fan for white noise while sleeping so I heard nothing horrible while trying to sleep, thank goodness but while in the living room and bedroom without the fan on, I could hear other tvs, room doors pounding closed, some talking, etc. No road noise but we were on the 5th floor. I think the acoustics are not good, maybe because of the center court reverberations, I don't know....and the walls must not be very thick. Still, I won't take off a star for that, the place was just so nice. Little store in the lobby was handy. The pool looked much smaller than I thought, and not that inviting, but we were there for the parks so it didn't matter. Fitness room looked good but we were walking Disney, didn't use it! There was also a small game room for kids.

Drive to Disney was good, the parks were pretty close. It was a bit farther to the airport, but still not bad at all.

The guys at the front desk were friendly and helpful. We would absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank pipn
ESLBVSAGM, Assistant General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista South, responded to this review, 6 May 2013
PIPN,
Thank you for your encompassing review. It is great that you noted that the sports team behaved well during your stay. We are very strict with sports teams, to the point that they sign are asked to sign a hotel policy letter upon their arrival. This is in essence their ‘first warning’. We have found that this letter is a fantastic way to deter any bad behavior before it starts. The last thing we would want is for one of our guests to compromise the experience of another. Thanks again!
New Port Richey, Florida
Reviewed 23 April 2013

this is a great brand new hotel the staff was very friendly and helpful we had three small children with us and everyone was very nice to them. There was a free cocktail hour including all types of cocktails and some snacks. The free breakfast was very nice and it included made to order omlets all kinds of fresh fruit and juices. Only commplaints were they were not one mile from Disney and the shuttle was not free(both had been part of the advertisement). The price was certainly right and the suite was lovely. Would I go back FOR SURE!!!

3 Thank dlvano
Dlvano,

Thanks for your 5-star review! One quick note: I am not certain where you saw that we are 1 mile from Disney and have a free theme park shuttle. We are just 3.5 miles from the gates of Disney and our theme park shuttle is very inexpensive. I have sent you a private message hoping for further details. Thanks again for your time!
glendale heights, United States
Reviewed 22 April 2013

When I booked the hotel I was told I would receive a food credit. Upon check in I was told the opposite and the clerk would not take any steps to rectify the issue even after showing the print out from the internet. I called the hotel reservation line who agreed that I met the qualifications for the credit but then said the clerk has the final decision. Needless to say my issue was not rectified..

3 Thank Eduardo M
Eduardo M,

Thank you for your review and for taking the time to return our phone call regarding your experience with us. I’d like to take this opportunity to respond to your review in hopes of clarifying any concerns our future guests may have about our rates and packages.

We advertise and offer several seasonal rates and packages to better serve the needs of travelers. One of these packages includes a $25 credit to our restaurant or bar for every second night it is booked for. To receive this $25 credit, the package rate must be booked at the time the reservation is made. Guests who book the food and beverage package are informed upon their check-in on how to redeem their $25 credits. Many guests have enjoyed the benefits of this package and have raved about their food and beverage experiences, but most importantly have returned to dine with us once their credits were used.

In your particular case, you booked a standard reservation and not the package rate. However, standard reservations at our hotel come with MANY added features and amenities. All of our rooms are two-room suites, and all of our guests enjoy a complimentary cooked to order buffet breakfast as well as a nightly Manager’s Reception that includes complimentary beer, liquor and wine. However, only those reservations that were booked under the package rate receive the $25 credit. It is certainly not our intention to refuse guests their booking benefits. On the contrary, we believe this package is a great incentive for guests to dine with us, and we have already seen the benefits of this package as evidenced by the many Tripadvisor reviews praising the collective efforts of our food and beverage team.

Thanks again Eduardo M. I hope that our continued phone communication and quick response to your issue lead you to continue to choose our hotel for your lodging needs when visiting the Orlando/Kissimmee area.
Atlanta
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Excellent Embassy convention center, with new & modern look and feel. Full service restaurant & bar along with the traditional hot breakfast cooked to order and the reception each evening. On site Disney area ticket agent desk and Hertz rental car office in lobby is very convenient. Also, will request town car service to local parks for less than $30 one way. Beats parking at WDW. Nice new large suites with comfortable beds. Front desk staff very professional and friendly and Brittany Front Desk manager was a delight. Excellent hotel staff in all areas. Gift shop and game room also. Three elevator banks off lobby were very efficient. I've stayed at Embassy's in the past and waited for elevators, not here. 10 Minutes to WDW and Downtown Disney. 5 minutes to I-4 and Greenway toll to airport. Ample parking with valet available. Highly recommended. Within walking distance of Hwy 192 Irlo-Bronson and several local attractions on 192 & restaurants. No complaints. I will be back!

Room Tip: Upper floors near elevator for quick access floor # 's 28 - 31 are near lobby elevators. Cor...
5 Thank XLR8TOR
ESLBVSAGM, Assistant General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista South, responded to this review, 1 May 2013
XLR8TOR,
Thank you for your review! A lot of our reviews mention the hotel and the amenities, but I am glad you found our hotel to be in a central location within short distances of major locations in Orlando/Kissimmee. We’re glad to hear you will be back!
Macon, United States
Reviewed 22 April 2013

This is a very nice hotels with a very nice view. Food was excellent. walk around the property to view pool and fitness center, pool was a very refreshing sight. Very nice place to conduct your business affairs.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business

2 Thank Jackie E
Jackie E,
Thank you for your brief and concise review. Our hotel is perfect for business guests who are looking for added comfort and amenities. With our breakfast and manager’s reception, we give our guests a few less things to worry about so that they can concentrate on their vacation or work schedules.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Magic Moment Resort and Kids Club
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,391 reviews
Polynesian Isles Resort
Polynesian Isles Resort
#2 of 153 in Kissimmee

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista South? Share your experiences!