“A nice fairly new hotel”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista South
Ranked #1 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
GreenLeadersSilver level
jsidebo
“A nice fairly new hotel”
Reviewed 14 December 2013

I'm a bit late writing this review. We stayed at this Embassy in late Sep and early Oct. This is the 4th Embassy we stayed at in the Orlando area. Overall it is also the nicest. Being new is certainly a plus. The hotel was approx 1 year old when we stayed. The room was larger with more amenities than the other Embassies. The living room was larger. The front windows are smaller than the older Embassies and has shutters rather than drapes covering a large window beside the door. This was much easier to close and keep out lights and get privacy. This would be especially nice if you have anyone sleeping on the pullout. At the wet bar there is a a larger counter top. Also higher. The refrigerator was larger than usual and when you're staying for a week that's nice. Especially since we bring water and drinks with us to take into the parks. And of course sometimes there's leftovers from dinner. There was also a good size safe included which was very handy. In addition to money and car keys we also stored a camera, video camera and table in the safe. The bathroom and bedroom were also decent sized. The bedroom had a second sink and mirror which is a nice touch when even two people are getting ready in the morning. Housekeeping did a good job every day. The breakfast was very good. There were two buffet stations that could be used when there were larger crowds. Even when there were events being held at the attached small convention center there were no long lines. The room used for the breakfast and managers reception was also of an adequate size, something that you don't always find in the older hotels. The snacks were a bit disappointing. It was the same 3 things every night we were there. Chips instead of pretzels or any change would have been good. Just some variety. The room used for the reception is off the atrium so there's not as much noise that reaches the rooms. There were many larger TVs scatter throughout the room and a variety of tables and booths. The staff was very helpful whenever we needed anything. David at the valet stand greeted us when we arrived and had time to chat with us and ask about our day whenever we saw him. The hotel is an easy drive to Walt Disney World. There are not as many restaurants within walking distance like the International Drive hotels but there were a handful. There are more choices within a couple of miles drive. We did not eat in the hotel dining room. There were several gas stations handy, convenience stores and a Walmart if you needed anything. The location is a fairly short drive down 535 to I4. There seemed to be plenty of shopping along Bronson Hwy. too. There is even a small convenience store on site for snacks, pop, candy and bottled water. Even a few sandwiches. We certainly would return to this site again.

Room Tip: We prefer upper floors away from the elevators. Less noise from the atrium.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jsidebo
ESLBVSAGM, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista South, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Wow, what a great review! Thank you jsidebo, for taking the time to submit such a wonderful, detailed review regarding your recent stay. We're thrilled that you both enjoyed your stay so much, from the well-appointed, spacious suites, to the helpful, friendly service (David in Valet/Bell), and all the amenities. Thank you again for sharing your thoughts with the world, for posting such a nice review/5-star rating, and for your business and loyalty. Hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (326)
  • Korean first
Gainesville, Georgia
Reviewed 13 December 2013

If you are in Orlando for business, do not stay here. This Embassy is overrun with children and teens every time I come here. Too much noise and chaos in the morning and at night. Kids running wild...

Room Tip: The lower the room, the louder the noise. The higher the room they longer it takes to get there due...
Green Features: Embassy does their part with signage on water conservation, towel reuse, etc. Nothing special that I can see.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Yoda3615
Thank you Yoda3615, for your candid feedback. It is disheartening to hear that the behavior of other guests have left you with such a negative impression of our hotel. Rest assured, we do our best to identify and eliminate disturbances, in an effort to ensure the enjoyment of all of our valued guests such as yourself, and it is unfortunate that your expectations were not met with regards to the level of quiet relaxation. However, we are still hopeful that you might reconsider staying with us again in the future. We will do our very best to ensure a delightful stay for you. Thank you again for the candid feedback.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Went on vacation with the family and it was fantastic (for the most part) The front desk was a little rude. I think the girls name was Jen. My wife didn't particularly like her attitude. As soon as we were able we went down to the convenience shop called Market Place and there was a manger in there who referred us to the managers reception. We were about to spend money that we were able to use for a grand dinner. The manager made sure she walked us over to where it was being held. Who does that? She also made sure my family was sat in the restaurant as she personally went and got us warm fresh bread. The waiter was also very nice. The manager made sure our dinner went well and completely won us over. We ate there every night we were there. Except one night we were in Disney. Room was clean and comfortable. There was some minor things like the bartender said for us to leave the bar area because we didn't buy any drinks but I did spend a lot of money in that place so what makes a difference?
We will 100% be back again soon. By the way, the manager who I think should be recognized just a little more then the others name was Carol. I know this because when introducing herself she said with Christmas coming up her name would be easier to remember. So thank you Christmas Carol. I really hope she will be there when our family comes back. Our son has a crush on her. Keep up the good job this is our new vacation home!.

2 Thank Anthony L
ESLBVSAGM, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista South, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Thank you very much Anthony L, for taking the time to submit such a nice, detailed review of your stay with us. We appreciate the great feedback, especially the kind words about Carol. We're thrilled that she was able to make such a memorable impression on your family. It's also great to hear that you are committed to staying with us in the future...thank you for the business and loyalty! See you again soon!
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed 7 December 2013

We stayed here on points for a night before visiting Disney. We've always stayed on the other side of the interstate near Downtown Disney, so this was our first time giving this side a try. What a difference! It is so much more quiet, relaxed, and less traffic-y than the other side! The hotel is quite new and has a very funky, posh decor. My kids loved the waterfall and the glass floor where it looks like you are walking on water. The rooms were very neat, clean, and nicely decorated. There were 3 sinks, which is very convenient for teeth brushing, etc. when the main bathroom is occupied. There was a fridge and microwave, and the front desk sent up some snacks and water for our loyalty club gift. The suite was two rooms--front had a good pull-out bed, back had two full sized beds. Despite the hotel having an open middle that looks all the way down to the lobby, the room was very quiet. The free breakfast in the morning was good, a little above a Fairfield but less than a Marriott (it was actually about the same quality as the last Hilton I stayed at). As others have said, the free "management" event in the evening is just a few pretzels and chips and watered-down cocktails, much less than what a Residence Inn provides, and the pool seemed small for the size of the hotel, but other than that, we very much liked this hotel and will definitely stay here again. The prices that we saw had we not stayed on points seemed very reasonable too.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room away from the elevators as some of the doors were right by the elevator bank...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank fredandkell
ESLBVSAGM, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista South, responded to this review, 8 December 2013
Thank you Fredandkell, for taking the time to share your experience with us on Trip Advisor. We are very pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay, including the great service and cleanliness. We hope you keep us in mind for your future stays. Thanks again!
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I stayed here for one night on Marriot rewards points the day after Thanksgiving. Upon arrival I was promptly greeted by the front desk and was told the manager Greg wished to speak with me. Greg told me that the hotel was giving me a free room upgrade for the night. You see during my first experience at this great hotel back in March 2013, I was a little frustrated because the breakfast area gets extremely busy and it only takes a few people that are not courteous to ruin your breakfast. Greg informed me that the hotel was sold out and that the breakfast area would be extremely busy again. Well the breakfast area was busy but no issues this time, just a fantastic breakfast. The hotel room was spotless and I found all areas of the hotel to be very clean. The hotel is still very new but it is management here that makes the difference. They take the time to make you feel very welcome and this hotel will now be my #1 choice for the many Orlando trips I make each and every year. Greg you are doing a fine job at the best hotel in the Orlando area.

1 Thank Richard C
Thank you Richard, for your fine compliments on our establishment and our staff. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay the 2nd time around and you were able to enjoy the great breakfast. We also want to thank you for your kind words in regards to Greg who is a such a great asset to our team. We hope to see you soon! Thanks again!
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Great hotel great staff very well priced you will not be disappointed!!!!!!! Jordan at the nightly reception was great made my family feel right at home!! I will definitely be back to this hotel and will choose other stays based on my experience here.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Ktat99
Thank you Ktat99, for your kind words in regards to our hotel and staff. We are happy to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks for your positive feedback in regards to Jordan and our evening reception. We hope you keep us in mind for your future travels. Thanks again!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I stayed in Orlando for a total of 9 days. The first 2 were spent here. And let me tell you if I had known how great this place was I would of spent my WHOLE vacation here instead of the house I rented for 7 days. Its in a great location. The staff was SUPER nice. The rooms were new and up to date. The breakfast was better then the breakfast I made myself! I would not change anything about my stay. STAY HERE is all I have to say. The rooms are spacious, breakfast excellent, and staff capable and efficient!!

1 Thank spootgrl
Thank you spootgrl, for your wonderful review on our property. We are very happy to hear that you & your family enjoyed our comfortable, spacious suite and great breakfast. We appreciate the feedback from such a seasoned traveler. We hope you consider us for your future visits. Thanks again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Magic Moment Resort and Kids Club
#1 of 338 in Orlando
Polynesian Isles Resort
Polynesian Isles Resort
#2 of 152 in Kissimmee

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista South? Share your experiences!