Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista South
US$259
US$252
Clarion Suites Maingate(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$80
ClarionHotels
Quality Inn & Suites By The Parks(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$114
QualityInn
Quality Suites The Royale Parc Suites(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$119
QualityInn
Polynesian Isles Resort(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
US$182
US$153
US$209
US$179
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Liki Tiki Village(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
US$121
  • Restaurant
Star Island Resort and Club(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
US$107
Comfort Suites Maingate East(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$420
Hotwire.com
2,240 results
All reviewsevening receptionmade to order omeletsgreat hotelmanagers receptionomelette stationcomplimentary breakfastbreakfast was excellenthotel restaurantexcellent stayrooms are spaciousself parkingdisney fireworksdefinitely stay here againthe breakfast areadisney worlddisney areanear disney
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Very clean and modern facility. A very helpful and friendly staff. The location is in a great area with easy access to all attractions. We were greeted by hotel staff on leaving and arrival every time we went somewhere, asked how our stay was progressing, if we needed anything to make it better. This was a very pleasing stay, which our family highly recommend.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
1  Thank Michael C
ESLBVSAGM, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista South, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2014

Dear Michael C,

Thank you for your review and recommendation of our hotel! We are glad you were able to have a pleasant and relaxing stay with us and take advantage of the many great amenities we have on property as well as the local area attractions. Our staff is very excited to hear your feedback on the cleanliness of our hotel and the friendly and helpful service you received. Our goal is always to ensure the highest level of service at all times.

We hope you will come back and stay with us again the next time you are in the Orlando/Kissimmee area.

Kindest Regards,
Arlie McHugh
Assistant Front Office Manager

Reviewed 1 April 2014

On my previous visit to Disney I stayed at Embassy Suites near downtown Disney. I read 2 reviews stating this property was better so I switched my reservation. I really wish I didn't because we preferred the Lake Buena Vista property much much better.

On the plus side, this is a newer hotel. The rooms were nice (newer looking than its partner) however, the grounds did not compare. I'm used to the lobby being a big open area in most E.S. This one was open but chopped up into little rooms.

The breakfast was a huge disappointment. I have never had a bad experience at any Embassy Suites properties. We are Gold members and stay at them often. Both mornings we had slimy eggs and dried out potatoes at 7 am. Tasted like they reheated leftovers from the day before. But I have to say, the cooks made the omelets fast and moved that line very efficiently.

Happy hour was good. There was no line and it was a comfortable sitting area.

The biggest let down about this property was the pool area. Others raved about it on the reviews, which is very hard to believe. I guess they don't get out much. You can see the parking lot from the pool and the street, lights and stores across the street. I don't know they didn't build the wall higher. Its just a pool. Nothing special. There is a bar out there but no bartender. It felt like a motel pool. At the other E.S it feels like a resort.

The location is not as well situated as the other one in downtown Disney.

I have to note that after the first night I woke up with bites all over the left side of my face. There must have been something on my pillow. I'm guessing it was mosquito because there are about 8 welts on my face and the hand I was sleeping on. I can't entirely fault the hotel for mosquitos but who knows.....

I wouldn't stay here again, however, it wasn't a total bust. The staff was extremely friendly, the hotel is clean, rooms are spacious. If I was here for a convention I would be happy. If I was here to take my family to Disney I would choose another location.

Room Tip: There are no bad locations
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
ESLBVSAGM, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista South, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

kaykels,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of our hotel. Feedback from our guests is always welcome and appreciated and we appreciate the opportunity to reply as well.

Our hotel is the best value of any Embassy Suites property in the area, with our complimentary self-parking and the fact we do not charge a resort fee it makes our hotel an even better value for guests travelling to our Theme Parks or in town for a meeting.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for your disappointment at our cooked-to-order breakfast as well as the mosquito bites you mentioned. It is always our goal to not only meet, but exceed the expectations of our guests, and when something arises it is always our teams desire to be made aware and we will make it right.

Our pool and hot-tub area is a very nice, well-kept area for swimming, relaxing, and enjoying the Florida sunshine. Yes, many guests have spoken favorably of it on this very site, however, that does not mean that "they don't get out much." We have many photographs of our pool and hot-tub area on our hotel website which shows what the area looks like in great detail. I encourage our future guests to take a look at our photos posted on the hotel's website and Facebook page.

Again, thank you for taking the time to submit a review about our hotel. I apologize that you weren't entirely pleased, as we are very proud of our hotel and the many favorable comments we receive through TripAdvisor and other means. Our team thrives on providing positive experiences for all of our guests and I assure you that each day we work diligently to improve and not be complacent.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

If I could give 3.5 stars, I would. We were there for one night. We returned from a cruise on a Saturday AM, drove to Disney for the day and needed one night to crash before flying home on a Sunday. We had 5 in our group so Embassy Suites was the right room type. I am a Hilton Diamond and try to stay within the Hilton family. Check-in was late but quick. The lobby area of this property is very nice. It is the newer style Embassy suites which has a smaller 'square' footprint. One serious drawback is the parking. I ended up 180° from the front door in an area where break-ins would be a breeze for the criminally inclined. This part of Kississimmee has a lot of people milling around and the stores range from touristy to somewhat shady. The back lot had me nervous and when I questioned the front desk on my way back in, they said they have a guy that 'walks around' and seemed annoyed that I would even question it. Most Embassy Suites will have an entrance on the exact opposite side of the lobby. This one only had one on one side and so the walk all the way around the pool, etc. to get back in after parking such a long distance away was too much.

Even though I had reserved for 5 people, the room had towels and amenities for 2. We had to call down and ask for the extras which took a while to receive when we just wanted to go to bed. Despite appearing to be a newer property, the shelves in our shower had mildew and stains all over the grout. Cleaning seemed to be something they do as fast as possible within the rooms. The lobby area did appear very neat, clean and tidy.

We slept in and did not have the breakfast. I did look for coffee the next AM and to my dissapointment, the coffee machine in the lobby is paid. I find it apalling that I'd have to pay for a cup of coffee especially as a Diamond in the lobby of my hotel.

This place might be resting on the high rank for Kissimmee hotels but they need to be careful with that. I was not so enchanted by this place. Then again, when your primary competition is the realm of Knight's Inn and other 1* properties, I guess you do stand out.

1  Thank orr333
ESLBVSAGM, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista South, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

orr333,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review from your recent visit to our hotel. Feedback from our most loyal Hilton HHonors Diamond Members is always welcome and appreciated as our team always wants to not only meet, but exceed the expectations of our guests. We also appreciate the opportunity to address reviews as they are very important to us.

While our hotel is 18 months-old, it is actually a "legacy" Embassy Suites with a soaring 11-story atrium and open corridors, whereas most Embassy Suites products built today are only 4-5 stories in height with enclosed corridors and a 2-story open lobby.

As it pertains to parking, during the one night of your visit there was ample parking available to the left of our main entrance that would have allowed you to avoid the "back lot" that you referenced, although all areas of our parking lot are equally secure. Those available spaces would have also provided a shorter walk to the building after being at the Theme Parks all day. Our hotel does have a Security Officer that patrols the property 24 hours per day and we also utilize an automatic gate at the rear entrance of the property that is lowered nightly which assists in providing a higher level of security. As you did mention, there are two side entrances, and the layout of the hotel has the receiving area and Employee Entrance in the rear of the building.

After reading your review, our Housekeeping Team and I personally inspected the suite you occupied and were unable to duplicate the concern as it pertained to mildew and stains in the grout. It is also our protocol to provide four sets of towels in each suite, due to the fact a lot of our guests are indeed families visiting our world-class attractions.

We do provide complimentary coffee with our Cooked-to-Order Breakfast as well as both regular and decaf in each suite for your enjoyment. We do have a Starbucks machine that grinds and brews coffee available in the hotel at any time for $2.50 per cup should you not take advantage of the complimentary coffee in your suite or at our breakfast.

Kissimmee is a top-notch destination for guests wanting to visit the world's most popular theme park. We are very proud of our TripAdvisor ranking, but compete with very well-run and top-notch establishments every day such as Disney's Art of Animation Resort, Gaylord Palms, and the Best Western Premier Saratoga Resort Villas which recently won the "Travelers' Choice® 2014 Winner Family" from TripAdvisor.

Again, thank you for taking the time to submit a review on our hotel.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Great hotel. Loved the reception party from 5:30-7:30 every day with free drinks and snacks!! The breakfast buffet in the morning is great. Custom made eggs and all other breakfast items available as well. The pool has a Jacuzzi as well. The staff was very attentive. The hotel restaurant was very good. Dinner was delicious. We ordered a hamburger from the bar for lunch and it was really good. The prices for the bar and restaurant were reasonable. I great hotel for a family vacation.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
ESLBVSAGM, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista South, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Emm730,

Thank you for taking the time to offer a review of our hotel. Our team is thrilled that you and your family had a very enjoyable visit with us. We love that you were able to take advantage of the value-added amenities that we offer, such as our Complimentary Evening Reception and Full Cooked-to-Order Breakfast. We also appreciate your kind words about our attentive staff as it is always our goal to make sure your vacation is a positive experience!

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the Orlando/Kissimmee area!

Reviewed 30 March 2014

I stayed at this Embassy suites for an overnight stop on my way to Miami. I chose this hotel because of it's age and proximity to Disney as I wanted to spend a day at the parks before completing my drive South. The hotel is less than 2 years old and is literally a few minutes outside of Disney property.

Check-in was quick and our room was a large corner suite. Parking was ample but not as as close to the entrance to the hotel as I would have liked (in all fairness we checked in at 10pm so all the good spaces had been taken).

Our room was super clean and still smelled new. My wife and I were surprised by the size of the suite but it was a corner unit so I doubt all rooms in this hotel are that big.

Breakfast would be my only minor issue with this hotel. Although the breakfast buffet had a large variety of hot and cold items as well as a great omelette station, the buffet area I felt could have been much cleaner and more organized. The self-serve area of the buffet had food all over it and looked less than appetizing.

All in all the visit was very good and I would stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner suite if available.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Jonas S,

Thank you for completing a review of our hotel! Our team is very pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us, as well as your large suite that was super clean and smelled new!

Feedback from our guests is always welcome and appreciated. I would like to apologize for the minor issue during breakfast. The feedback has been shared with our Food and Beverage team and I assure you that we'll be working on being better organized.

We'll look forward to your next visit, whether you're driving to or from Miami!