Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista South
GreenLeadersSilver level
Ocala, Florida
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I was so grateful for the reviews from the wonderful people of Tripadvisor. This hotel was rated #1 and I was not disappointed with our room! Upon arrival, the lobby is gorgeous. All access to the rooms are indoor and we loved the design of the building. Glass elevator were fun for the children to watch themselves go higher. I wasn't expecting to have our own little living room area with a couch and a 2nd television. There was a nice size table in the area as well which was great to play board games. The room was decorated very nicely and CLEAN!!!! Beds were comfortable with a lot of pillows which we always love. :D Bathroom was CLEAN and stylish. Wonderful toiletries from Crabtree and Evelyn, such a treat. Thermostat was so easy to use, THANK YOU! Overall fantastic room and hotel.

Then why didn't I give it a 5??? Buffet breakfast was not impressive. Eggs made my stomach sick and the pancakes were gross. Fresh fruit was plentiful and I was happy with that.

The first night we dined at the Kyngs Grill. Horrible mistake! Slow service!!!!

The pool closes at 11 p.m. Why so early?!? Because we ate at The Kyngs Grill we couldn't go swimming. We arrived at the restaurant at 9:30 and it took us 1 hour and 20 minutes to get our food and eat. We were only 1 of 4 tables in the whole place. Very disappointing!!!! I wish we left the hotel and went out to eat. Not impressive and the next time we stay at The Embassy Suites, we will definitely dine at another restaurant.

This hotel is very very very nice.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
ESLBVSAGM, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista South, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
LilB33,

Thank you for your reviews of our hotel and our restaurant. While I am glad that you had an enjoyable experience overall, it is always our goal to exceed expectations in all aspects of a guest's stay, and clearly our Food and Beverage offering wasn't the high point for you and I apologize for that as I know that we are capable of more. I assure you that your restaurant and breakfast experience are not the norm as many recent reviewers have spoken favorably about our offerings.

I hope that when your travels bring you back down South from Ocala that you'll let us know and I assure you that we'll deliver on all aspects of your visit, including your breakfast and restaurant experience. Again, thank you for your feedback as we do value and appreciate it.

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (320)
  • Korean first
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My family and I stayed here for two nights on our recent trip to Disney. The lobby is beautiful and I love the layout of the hotel. I like that the atrium is indoors and you can see all the way up to the top floor. Check in was easy and my daugter had to use the restroom before we made it to our room and the lobby restroom was clean and sparkling. Self parking was easy as well. The room was nicely decorated - lots of warm greens and browns. Loved it... We had a two queen bed room - there was a TV in the bedroom and the living room. We had a microwave and fridge and there was a sink by the fridge as well as in the bedroom. This was helpful if someone was in the restroom and you just wanted to wash your hands. There was a lot of seating - ottomans, a couch and a chair as well as a large table if you needed to work or order room service. Our room was on the first floor (which is actually the second floor - since the whole first floor is the lobby and restaurants) and when we were in our room we did not hear noise at all from the lobby. We didn't hear ANY noise from any of the other rooms either. This is important to me - after two nights here we moved to a different hotel for its proximity to Universal - was supposed to be a "higher end" hotel - I heard doors slamming and toilets flushing all night long - it was horrible!! I didn't hear any of this type of noise at the Embassy. The beds were comfortable. One of my daughters used the pullout sofa. In past experiences, the pullout is never in good shape and always appears to be shabby and falling apart. This was not the case at Embassy. All of the sheets were clean and the bed was nicely made up. My daughter says she slept great. We enjoyed the breakfast for two mornings - breakfast had a large selection - something for everyone. Coffee was good and the staff was cheerful and helpful. We also enjoyed the cocktail reception both nights as well. What a treat this was!! My family and I (and one other family we were traveling with) were able to relax in the lobby and people watch while enjoying cocktails. The cocktail reception was always busy but never full. I noticed a Starbucks machine in the lobby but we never used it. My girls and I wanted to see the gym - it was a good size with lots of different equipment. Treadmills, stairmasters, free weights, etc... We also went to see the pool although we didn't have time to use it. It was a decent size and everyone using it appeared to be having a good time. We ate both nights in the on-site restaurant. It was good and reasonably priced. They had a good kids menu and my husband and I enjoyed the salads. The staff here was very nice as well. It was nice to eat on the property and not have to drive anywhere. Overall, I am very happy with our stay and will definitely be back.

CherBear_35,

Thank you for your great review of our hotel! We are very glad that you and your family had an enjoyable visit with us and were able to take advantage of the many great amenities we have to offer, such as our cooked-to-order breakfast, clean two-room suites, complimentary self-parking, and NO resort fee!

We hope that when your travels bring you and your family back up to the Orlando area you'll consider staying with us for the entire duration of your visit.

Minneapolis, United States
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I hardly ever give 10 for a survey but in many areas the hotel exceeded my expectation. The room was amazing, clean, comfortable and spacious. The breakfast was out of this world, the chefs and staff were pleasant. There was enough tables available. The price was perfect.... I am willing to pay this price for a hotel room of this calibre, thanks for a wonderful stay. I will definitely keep Embassy Suites on top of my list of hotels in the future.

Steven J,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of our hotel. Our team is thrilled you had a wonderful experience in our hotel. We are also glad you enjoyed the great cooked-to-order breakfast that we offer to our guests each morning!

When your travels bring you back to the Orlando area we will look forward to exceeding your expectations once again!

Manukau, New Zealand
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We chose this property based on the previous reviews and the standard provided by the embassy brand. We stayed for 4 nights midweek and was offered a room straight away when we checked in just before midday. The location was perfect for us. Really easy to visit the disney world parks from here. Also having the lake buena outlet shops and walmart just down the road, and the other 2 large premium outlets only a short drive away it was great. Really friendly staff throughout the building from management to front line, everyone smiled, acknowledged you and seemed happy to be there. The suite was extremely spacious and met our needs. Great options for breakfast and nice to enjoy a full bar service at the evening social. I would like to have had a more relaxing area ie lounge sofas etc to meet and talk to other guests as we needed to use the breakfast tables and thought you could use part of the area on the far side and redesign it (my architect started to have fun with a beer in my hand!!). Then on the last morning for breakfast it was like grand central station and full on with everyone on a mission and nearly all tables being used so I could see why all the tables were set up as planned. Nice to have all the different options for a cooked and continental breakfast which set us up for the day. Light snacks were perfect with the drinks in the evening and when you think about the free parking, free breakfast, evening social for 2 hours, numerous restaurants close by either walking or short drive away, easy to Disney, Intl drive activities, outlet shops, free internet in the lobby area for your tablet, phone and 3 computers in a business centre area, large pool, spa and nice restaurant on site with good pricing ( they offered 20% off coupon) you must choose this as your Orlando hotel everytime. We walked across to Smokey Bones restaurant a couple of times as the food was melt in your mouth outstanding and it was good to get out and about and see the neighbourhood. There is a good supermarket in the same area for those last minute treats and drinks to place in the room fridge. The only issue we had was the paid wifi fee of 9.95 for the day as there was lots of blind spots in the building and it often couldnt get a signal. We had to move around to secure it. The free option in the lobby was hit and miss and 2 nights we sat by the restaurant on a chair and used it. Paid option not much better. We watched customers from these chairs step over the glass floor which had water under it and they often jumped or freaked out over it. It was so funny....thanks so much embassy kissimmee we loved our time and next time we visit from New Zealand you will be the first and only option we choose. Next time will go for a higher room and hopefully see some fireworks.

Room Tip: High and ask for room looking towards the Disney fireworks
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
ESLBVSAGM, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista South, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
duffus07,

Thank you for your great review of our hotel! We are glad that our team and our hotel were able to positively contribute to a wonderful vacation to the Orlando area! We are glad you enjoyed the great amenities and benefits of a stay with Embassy Suites, especially our full cooked-to-order breakfast, complimentary evening reception, two room suites. Our hotel is also pleased to offer complimentary self-parking and NO resort fees either. When your travels bring you back our way, please let us know and we'll do our best to make sure you are on a higher floor looking towards the Walt Disney World Resort.

Again, thank you for the great review, we appreciate it, and look forward to seeing you on your next trip!

Van Buren, Arkansas
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Our Stay was excellent. The hotel was clean and well maintained. It is close to WDW and you could see the fireworks from our room!. Great breakfast. Wonderful front desk staff. We would choose this hotel again. This hotel is a great value. Tell Pee Wee that he does a great job cooking your breakfast! !Love Hilton Honors

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

ESLBVSAGM, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista South, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
john s,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel, as well as our internal survey that you completed. I shared your comments with our entire team once the feedback hit yesterday evening, including our breakfast cook, Pee Wee.

We are glad that your stay with us was excellent and we know that when you come back to Orlando you'll once again be our guest!

Sanford, United States
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This hotel is always on its game and has top notch service! The kids thoroughly enjoyed the pool, and I relaxed in the spa (which was not too hot thankfully). Breakfast gave a lot of choices of food items to please all of our party.

Charleen S,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of your recent visit to our hotel! Our team appreciates your kind words about our level of service and that we're always on our game. It is always our goal to be on our game and deliver a level of service that exceeds the expectations of our guests.

Next time your travels bring you to this side of town we would love to have you as our guest once again.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This was such a great hotel (with delicious breakfast included!)....we stayed here for a visit to Epcot and it was a great place to relax after a long day.
--very near to the theme parks and outlet shopping
--clean and beautiful room
--beds and pillows very comfy
--very spacious suite
--BREAKFAST WAS GREAT!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Keira S
Keira S,

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. We are thrilled you had a great visit to Epcot as well as our hotel! We are also glad you loved our large, two-room suites, complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast, free self-parking, and NO resort fee!

Next time your travels bring you back to the Orlando area we would be honored to have you and your family return to our hotel.

Assistant General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Magic Moment Resort and Kids Club
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,392 reviews
Polynesian Isles Resort
Polynesian Isles Resort
#2 of 153 in Kissimmee

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista South? Share your experiences!