“Enjoyed our stay”

Ranked #49 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
birmingham uk
“Enjoyed our stay”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Stayed at unit 6 Sept 2013 condo was 3 beds 2 bath and was clean and basic.The kitchen area had microwave,stove,dishwasher ect.The bedrooms were large and beds comfy with the main bedroom having on suite with shower.Liveing area was large with tv and cable channels and a dinning table with six chairs.Also washer and dryer in the condo.The clubhouse is just across the road with free coffee (mornings) the pool area is nice with a hot tub.All the staff and people we met were friendly and helpful.Only 15 min drive to Disney and 2 min to resturants ect.We had a really nice time at sweetwater and would return.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank hayes37

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Euclid, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 8 May 2013

My family and I came down for a family reunion last year. I had spent about 2-3 months searching for somewhere for the 6 of us to stay. Initally we were going to stay in a hotel. Then i found this place. It was awesome!! It was very clean and quiet. We got lost trying to find the main office. (it was dark) There was a pond behind us. My children loved it!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Tanisha S
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We made the decision to make a last-minute trip to the Orlando/Kissimmee area for spring break. Because we are planning a cruise in July, we agreed that instead of renting one of the larger homes, we would try to rent two Sweetwater condos for a fraction of the cost of one of those homes. (Spring break in this area is considered peak season. The total for a five night's stay for two Sweetwater units was about $850 -- an attractive price during peak season). In addition, I had rented one of the units once before for some members of our extended party, and it had been a satisfactory experience. I contacted the owner of the unit that I had previously leased and asked if he could locate a second unit to house the rest of our party. He said he could. That, however, turned out to be a mistake. At first glance, the second unit -- 85 -- seemed comfortable enough. It is situated on a pond and is on the first floor. The air conditioner in Unit 85, however, was broken. The temperature hovered between 79 and 82 degrees for four of the five nights of our stay. The property manager was of little help. He twice came out only to say he would need to send someone else to look at the unit. That person came out and for one evening the air seemed to work. I cannot tell you how miserable it was being unable to sleep or just move about without sweating and having to fan yourself. After my husband called to complain, the property manager said the unit needed to be replaced. My thoughts are why rent a place if you knew this was a problem? We wanted to share our frustration with the owner but the property manager pretended to be unable to contact that person. I am all for economy and being thrifty, but in this case, we got what we paid for. I really came close to moving my family to a hotel. Even the cleaning crew who arrived on the day of check-out expressed their horror at the temperature inside the condo. The problem is that not all of the owners take pride in their units, and that makes it bad for the owners who do. I will never return to Sweetwater Club.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank lovesfinethings
Wichita, Kansas, United States
Reviewed 17 January 2013

Like stated by another person all of these condo's are owned individually. We rented through Magical Memories and stayed in sweet water 97, a 3 bedroom 2 bath condo. It was very clean, not extravegant at all, but exactly what we needed for our family of 5. The master bedroom had a queen bed, large walk in closet, walk out patio with table and chairs that overlooks a pond, and a bathroom with a large walk in shower. One guest room has a queen bed with a large walk in closet, and the other has a two twin beds with a large closet. There was also a pull out sofa bed, but we didn't pull it out at all. The living room is very large, there is a dining table that seats 6, and a breakfast bar that seats 4. The kitchen was roomy enough for us, had a dishwasher, and was stocked with basic dishes and utensils needed for cooking, and we made almost all of our meals in our condo. The pool is heated and is in good condition, as is the hot tub. It is updated from some of the photos that I saw on here, as is the clubhouse. All of the condo's had fresh paint. This complex was very quiet, and had a lot of retirees that stay there in the winter months. I was worried that my 4 year old would bother them when they were swimming, but everyone was so nice and she ended up making a lot of older friends in the week that we stayed. The condo's are located in an ideal area as well, there are tons of stores around if you need to pick up anything. The company we rented through gave us a "starter pack" which included a little dish soap, dish washing detergent, laundry detergent, bars of hand soap, a trash bag,and 2 rolls of toilet paper. We just headed down the street to the dollar tree and picked up the extra stuff we needed for the remander of the trip. I couldn't have asked for a better experience!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank Michelle R
Arkansas
Reviewed 1 June 2012

We stayed here for 7 nights in unit 6. It was 3 bedrooms and 2 baths , very clean and secure. Its basic , but thats what we wanted , we really needed a place to sleep and take showers.

If you stay here for Disney , the trick is to take a left out of the Condo Drive onto Siesta , go down to the stop sign and take a right , go through a couple stop lights until you see the Oceola Parkway , and pay the 75 cents and hop on , you can be from you car to any Disney Park in 10 Minutes tops

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
9 Thank ubenumber2
Ann Arbor, MI
Reviewed 23 April 2012

While the area was nice, the condo (unit 51) itself needs a facelift. The carpet is stained and needs replacement. The washing machines are falling apart. The sink was leaking. The beds are rickety. I would not stay at this unit again. Don't stay on the first floor if you can help it. You will hear everything going on upstairs.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank ROBERT R
Washington Crossing, PA
Reviewed 5 February 2012

We recently returned from a week stay at Sweetwater Club 1/27/12-2/3/12. We stayed in unit #43 which had 3 bedrooms and 2 baths, spacious living area, dining area, and full kitchen. Our unit was very clean and comfortable with pretty much everything you would need during your stay. The only things you need to provide are every day essentials such as toilet paper, paper towels and any cleaning supplies or soaps/detergents. I just wish I knew this when I booked so I could have brought some things with me from home instead of having to buy everything, but no big deal.
Also, be sure to bring some extra washcloths from home so you won't have to do laundry every couple of days, they only provide 6 or 8.

The complex is about 10 minutes from the parks and other attractions, has a heated pool and jacuzzi, and provides wifi at the club house.

We were 4 adults traveling (my self & husband and both of my parents) the only thing that I could really complain about was the beds being a little small. The options were, queen, full or 2 double beds, both couples were used to a king size bed so one couple didn't sleep very well. I would suggest requesting an upstairs unit away from the road for adults traveling without small children. You will definitely be able to hear the people above you if you are on the first floor. You might also hear some road noise unless you are further on the inside of the property.
Over all, I would definitely stay again or recommend to friends and family.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family