“Magic our way.....Florida Vacation”

Vacation Village at Parkway
Reviewed 24 November 2013

The resort itself was exactly what we wanted. We had 5 of us staying here and having the two sides to the room was great. Having the kitchen helped with cost as you can eat in instead of eating out. Washer and Dryer was very handy and the fact they supplied some laundry soap and also dish and dishwasher detergent was a nice surprise. Having the dishes already supplied is a nice benefit as well. Beds were comfortable even the pull out couches were good quality. We stayed in building 14 and it was great. Nice location close to Publix grocery store. Great staff very friendly and courteous. Lots of Parking and well lit up. Only problem is the TIMESHARE people that try to get you to do a tour and offer free breakfast. Stay away if not interested it will be a waste of your time. Be polite and just say NO! Good vacation had by all. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Request a room with fireworks view.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Vacation Village at Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Thank you for the lovely comments on Vacation Village at Parkway Resort. We’re fortunate to have a great staff to deliver service day in and day out and the type of amenities that vacationing families enjoy. We appreciate that you shared your recommendation with us on tripadvisor and we look forward to welcoming you back to Orlando.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,006)

Reviewed 19 November 2013

My parents are RCI owners so we used their points. After reading many of the reviews, there was such a mixture of good and bad I was really unsure of what to expect. The resort far exceeded expectations. We were in building 16 and it was excellent. My 3 girls literally had their own apartment. There were no bed bugs and the place was very clean. The maid cleaning was a bit sporadic - the first time they cleaned they didn't replace anything. So at 10 pm we had to call down for toilet paper and soap. We actually had to call down multiple times for toilet paper as they would only bring one roll. I began to wonder if in a time share we were supposed to buy our own. However, in the next cleaning their was replacement of everything including the dish detergent.

Check in was smooth, no waiting and Chad was friendly and helpful.

The pool was really nice, my kids loved it. The location can't be beat and we had a rental vehicle to make things easier so we weren't reliant on the shuttle. We said no to the time share spiel right off the bat. We had made the mistake in Las Vegas of attending a session and wasted an entire day and we were absolutely not going to waste that kind of time in Orlando. We received flyers on our door reminding us of our free gift and got one phone call to enter a draw but we ignored it all and they left us alone.

We had a problem with the fridge which was fixed promptly. The rooms were quiet - we could hear the people above us moving the chairs but those chairs are impossible to lift and sit down.

I would recommend this place to anyone - we had a fabulous vacation.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your great review! We’re happy that you were pleasantly surprised by our amenities during your vacation. Unfortunately no one resort can be everything to everyone, but we do try to make all of our guests happy at Vacation Village at Parkway. Most of the time we’re quite successful and our guests return to vacation with us again and again. We appreciate you taking the time to share your family’s experience and we hope to welcome you back to Orlando in the future.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

Went to vacation Village on a promotional deal. When we arrived to the building we were assigned to there was a note on the door about the water being shut off at night and not back on till the next morning. I try to ask a few people about the sign but no one spoke English. Went back to welcome center and they changed our building. The bed sunk in the middle and room was dark, When we went to there sale pitch I told them not many people spoke English and I was told maybe I should learn Spanish as Orlando was mostly Spanish decent and I was a minority.

2  Thank Mickeytt

Thank you for your constructive feedback. We apologize for the issues you experienced while vacationing with us. We treat this as an opportunity to train our staff to ensure proper service for guests in the future. While mechanical issues do occasionally happen we work very hard to minimize these issues with the least disruption for our guests. We’re sorry that we weren’t able to meet your expectations and hope that this experience does not deter you from visiting Orlando again.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

A year ago I started planning a Disney trip for my family. I got caught up in booking through Disney to stay in their resort. For 2 adults and 2 children for 4 days would have ended up costing me $10,000.
I found this unacceptable, so I looked into a different less expensive route. I am an RCI member and have never used the RCI points program other than staying up in New Hampshire, where my time share is located.
The first benefit of staying at Vacation Village was the use of the full kitchen in the room we booked. The $200 it cost us for a weeks worth of groceries would have been the cost of one lunch and dinner in Disney. Factor in that not all rooms come with a full kitchen and that must be requested.
The resort is big in size and it took a couple of days to get acclamated to the environment. Because of the size and foot traffic going through vacation village caused the service to lack a little. It wasn't terrible, but nowhere near the service you would get if you stayed at a Disney resort.
The location is minutes away from Disney and other Orlando theme parks, and is also on a road that is host to supermarkets,Starbucks, service stations and a variety of restaurants. A huge plus.
Vacation Village also provide free shuttle service to all Disney theme parks. We rented a car and drove instead. Disney parking costs $15.00 per day, considering the money I saved, didn't seem a big deal.
There is a free laundry room on each floor, which came in handy, however, there was only one washer and dryer so timing your load with another families could be a headache. Fortunately it wasn't an issue during my stay.
The room I stayed in had a decent bathroom and a jacuzzi in the master bedroom. The kids slept in a pullout sofa. The mattresses were new and there was no evidence of pests. Thank God. There was also a decent balcony with a table and an ashtray for smokers.
The tv's were older non HD but I knew this going in. The more expensive rooms had the HD. They have to seperate the haves and have nots somehow I guess. There was a decent cable package though. Which included HBO and Espn etc....there was also a DVD player with a combo VHS.
The kitchen had a full 4 burner electric range, a microwave, garbage disposal, dishwasher,a big refrigerator and a sparse amount of cookware. It was enough to get by though. Cleaning supplies were available and you could get more upon request. This included dish detergent, dishwasher powder, laundry detergent, sponges and paper towels.
All in all my expectations were succeeded. I expected less. I also read about RCI nightmares when bookin these type of resorts. RCI customer service was excellent through this experience and even gave return calls so I wouldn't have to wait on hold for trivial questions. Vacation Village was spotty at best. When I called late after 10:00 pm I would get blown off and asked to call in the morning. The morning crew was excellent though and made sure my visit would go smoothly.
Having set my expectations so low and receiving what I did, I have no choice but to give Vacation Village High praise. There were a couple of things I would have like to see fixed, like the out of date tv's lacking any sort of on demand features and the hassle of using an internet log in number daily to access wi-if. Other then that, my family and I had an excellent Disney trip and would stay here again if or when we decide to do Disney in the future. 4 out of 5!

• Stayed: November 2013
3  Thank DavidPD1977

Thank you for taking the time to share your comprehensive review about your stay with Vacation Village at Parkway. We offer great accommodations at affordable prices for our guests and we are constantly striving to improve the quality of the resort and it’s amenities. We’re happy that you enjoyed your time at our resort and the area’s exciting theme parks. We hope to welcome you back to our resort when your travels bring you back to Orlando.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

Wonderful week holiday at Vacation Village at Parkway. Location was excellent, being close to Disney and all the shops and restaurants on highway 192, Irlo Bronson Highway. No need to go on I-4 when travelling to Disney attractions so you avoid the heavy traffic. Unit was clean and well equipped including washer and dryer, dishwasher and micro wave. Full size fridge and stove. Balcony with chairs and table so you can eat out. Flat screen TV in living room. Well furnished but slighted dated in décor ( as most time shares are). Several different pool areas to choose from, both active and very quiet. Some pool activities if you want to participate. Time share pressure was minimal, just say no and they seem satisfied. We absolutely loved this property and will return many times in the future. The staff was so helpful and happy. Must be a great place to work. All ages staying there - young families, retirees like us and singles. Always nice and quiet at night. Grounds are beautiful and there are lakes that you can feed the ducks. Even though you are close to I-4, you never here the noise from the road unless you are in Building 18/19 on the west side. We were in building 9 which shares a pool with building 8. This pool had not much sun so we spent most of our days at the pool by building 16/17. Just be warned that the pool loungers are very hard so ask the pool attendant for an extra towel to pad the chair. You will be happy you did. Also, note that though the buildings are non-smoking, the pool is not so try to look around before you choose a chair to see if someone is smoking beside you. The resort should not allow smoking at pool unless it is in a designated area. That is the one complaint we had. Other than that, the resort is fabulous. And not to mention that the pools are kept at a very moderate temperature so they are comfortable to swim in. We enjoyed that. Definitely put this resort on your list of places to visit.

Room Tip: If you want to be in a building near a quiet pool, ask for a room in Building 8 or 9. That pool has...
1  Thank sunbum222
Reviewed 16 November 2013

We stayed in mid-November 2013 for 6 nights, in Building 15, on 6th floor. Our unit deck overlooked the back of the Gaylord Palms. Unit very quiet. Great location for Orlando area fun. Easy access to I-4, and Irlo Bronson Parkway, and only 5-10 minutes from Disney. A Publix grocery store very close also, along with numerous eating places. Good access to Florida 417 (toll road) just a few blocks away to avoid I-4 traffic and a quick trip to MCO (30 minutes) or Sanford Airport (60 minutes). The toll rode 417 has cash options to pay for tolls along the way.

Our check in process was relatively smooth. We arrived around 3pm, and was advised my room in Bldg 3 was not yet ready. I advised the desk person that there must be a mistake as I had called one week earlier and had requested a unit in Bldg 15-19 (as I had read about them from other Trip Advisor reviews) and a high floor. She did some quick checking, and she immediately involved a manager and we were placed into Bldg 15, and that unit was ready to check in. They do assess you a mandatory $25.00 resort fee, which is not uncommon.

My next step was to stop and pickup up my parking pass. At that time, the desk staff invited us to a "free" breakfast or lunch, which they would hold our spot for a $20.00 deposit, and if we attended and went on their tour, we would get our choice of several different things (tickets, Gift Card etc..). We are already owners of a timeshare via a different company, and should have known better. When my wife and I walked up to the location of our lunch, the sales person asked us if we had brought our vehicle with us as we had to drive to an off site location to receive our "free" lunch. I immediately advised her that we had walked to this location, and no one informed us that the meal was in a different off site location and that we would need to take our vehicle. She indicated it was just a short distance away, and we would be returning to this spot to finish the tour. I indicated that this was unacceptable, and this small detail was not mentioned upon signing up for the meal, and I would like a refund of my deposit. That request was denied and I was offered to attend another session of my choice or I could talk to a manager. I choose to decline talking about this any further, and vowed to be a better consumer next time around and ask more thorough questions before paying for a "free" meal. Thought they at least would have offered a shuttle to/from this off site location.

The unit was well equipped. Spacious kitchen, bath and living room, washer/dryer. Kitchen area was missing a fry pan, and when I called the front desk they sent a person right up with a brand new fry pan. We did receive our free mid-week cleaning as scheuduled which is a very nice thing to offer. We could see and hear the Disney fireworks from our deck. The pool area was just as the pictures indicated. Nice pool area to relax in. I did notice Security staff patrolling areas at night, and doors into the buildings are secured at 5pm. Very good visibility of security and locking of buildings. Nice job!

No maintenance issues with our unit, however they did shut the water off in the entire Building 14 from 10p to 6am on one night. The signage did indicate it would only impact Bldg 14, but it did impact our unit in Bldg 15 also. We were not inconvenienced by this, but had this been an early travel day, it would have been a problem for showering etc.

One thing that would be very nice if this and all resorts would do if not aleady doing so, is to have a donation box for extra, unopened, non-perishable items that guests could place extra items into, and then those items would be donated to a local organization. I have stayed in resorts who offer this service. I don't mind if the items I leave behind in the unit are are used by resort staff, but would hate to see items being thrown into the trash due to large volume of extra items being left behind. I did ask the Guest Services if they had such a donation box, and was advised no, to just leave them in the unit and staff would take care of them. I am hoping that meant they would use them, and not throw them into the trash.

I would recommend this resort to anyone planning on going to Disney, or other Orlando attractions. Location, location, location.

2  Thank DanIowa
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Amazing vacation with my boys (March 2013) father in law is a timeshare holder. We had a one bedroom which was very spacious, clean and well stocked. Washer/dryer, fully equipped kitchen, a beautiful terrace overlooking pond with fountain (which you could see the fireworks from disney) dining area, living room, bedroom with a king size bed, a massive bathroom with oversized jaquizzi tub & gorgeous pools. Couldn't ask for anything more here, everything you need. All parks were literally no more than a 20 minute drive away. Publix across the street and tones of eating establishments and souvenir shops on the W. Irlo Bronson Memorial. Can't say enough good things about this resort. I would recommend this resort for sure!! We had an incredible vacation, booked already for 2015

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Debra885
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Quality Suites The Royale Parc Suites
3 mi away
Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista South
Comfort Suites Maingate East
Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration

Been to Vacation Village at Parkway? Share your experiences!