Vacation Village at Parkway
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Galleria Palms Hotel(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$109
Destiny Palms Hotel Maingate West(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$315
US$259
Vacatia.com
Liki Tiki Village(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$112
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Comfort Suites Maingate East(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
US$142
US$125
Comfort Inn Maingate(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$86
ComfortInn
Quality Suites The Royale Parc Suites(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
US$209
US$115
QualityInn
US$333
US$308
Travelocity
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Star Island Resort and Club(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
US$105
Flamingo Waterpark Resort(Kissimmee)
US$61
US$56
Travelocity
3,272 results
All reviewsfull kitchenstayed in buildingpartial kitchentime sharearabian nightsnewer buildingthrough rciparking passwasher and dryermid week cleaningdisney parksliving roomfree giftsales pitchjacuzzi tubtimeshare presentationfree breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 August 2009

My husband and our 2 teenage sons stayed here for 1 week from 17th July in building 3. We booked late so all that was left was a B Unit which was small but sufficient and we knew that it was only 1 bedroom. The unit is a bit old and needs upgrading but as mentioned it was what we booked so we got what we expected. We had asked to be in a new building but the reception guy checked and although there was one available said the construction opposite it was awful so we'd be better where we were so we stayed in the old building. On the plus side it was convenient for the parks and other places, a Publix was 2 blocks over as well and starbucks was round the corner which please my husband.

But, having stayed in other "gold crown" resorts with RCI before we were disappointed in this one, certain little things made it seem lower than that. Like it was really dark and dingy feeling in the rooms and there was only 1 bedside light in the whole bedroom. The place didn't feel clean although I'm sure it is but because the furniture and carpets need replacing they look pretty dirty. We had to pay to use the safe and then it wasn't activated, we called and asked for it to be fixed but the person couldn't understand what we were saying. We called to ask for more towels, and again had to call again because the first person didn't understand us.

And I left my makeup bag behind, stupid I know but when I called to ask if they had found it somehow they never did!

Overall we wouldn't pick this resort again though.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2009

I've owned a time share for over 10 years now and I've used it extensively. I've stayed in just under 30 different resorts for various week long excursions and extended weekend getaways. It doesn't make me an expert but it gives me a pretty decent insight as to what a resort should offer if it calls itself five star or up scale.

This resort was nice inside, had mostly clean rooms but the parking was terrible. Some of the most inefficient parking I've ever seen, anywhere. We stayed in Building 9 but spent the week parking behind building 10 in a back lot and having to walk more than 100 yards to the other end of the structure to reach an elevator that would put us any where close to our units. This is a real chore, especially if your coming in at night and are carrying groceries or luggage and want to try and stay safe by keeping together. I don't want to sound lazy but when your on vacation, You tend to what to do as little as possible and try to get spoiled a little bit.

My other problem with this resort is not enough English speaking employees. We had several problems communicating with staff members about not having enough towels. There where four adults and two kids (2 and 5 years old), we had both A & B units and between the two of them had only four towels and three wash cloths. Sure, we could wash them every day but that gets old when your on vacation. We needed more toilet paper, we needed dishwashing detergent having none at all of the latter. We ask a maid for these items and she brought us some bed sheets, which we could have used to wipe our backsides on, but choose to just go out and buy some toilet paper instead. We asked a different maid for the same items and she brought us two pillows and some packs of facial tissue...after that we just gave up all together.

One of the elevators broke down so we where reduced to one working elevator on our end of the building, it broke down the second day we where there and was fixed the last day before we left for home, I felt that this was unacceptable, especially for the busy time of year and believe me, this made getting up to your unit a good ten to twenty minute excursion almost every time. Sure, you could use the stairs but when your on the sixth floor and carrying a load, this tends to rob the fun out of your vacation. I came to relax and have fun, not climb stairs and walk marathons to get up to my unit.

As I said before, I don't consider myself a lazy person but a vacation to me is a vacation from as much work as It possibly can be and to me this resort, though nicely decorated and for the most part, decently comfortable, makes you work for your vacation. That to me, just isn't fun.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank SnideleyWhiplash
Reviewed 9 August 2009

From the moment we got to our room to the moment we left, we truly felt like it was a home away from home. We were staying in a pool-front room on the 6th floor of building 10. The rooms were large, the kitchen, dining room and living room combined into a spacious living area; while the bedroom with the king sized bed and the jacuzzi room connect into the bathroom with double vanity and separate shower for plenty of space for 2-4. I went with just my husband to celebrate our anniversary, and it was truly a delight. The view of the pool was beautiful. It was right in the hub of everything Orlando has to offer: the theme parks, outlets, and restaurants are all within minutes driving. We LOVED it and we would CERTAINLY stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2009

After reading some of the reviews about Vacation Villas, we were not sure what to expect. We stayed in an A suite in building 14, one of the new buildings and it was great. We did not have to wait long to check in, the room was very clean upon arrival, and the pools were a great place to go relax after a long day at Disney and the other parks. The bed and bedding could have been a bit better, but did not ruin our stay. One suggestion would be when making your reservation, request to be put in a new building with your own washer and dryer.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2009

Due to how our reservations were made, we had 2 different units during our 5 night stay. The first was a B unit in building 2. No dishwasher or ice maker in the freezer. The tub was a bit dirty on arrival. The laundry on our floor had half of the machines not working (at least they were free). There were VCRs but no DVD players on the televisions. (I saw at least one family packing their own.) Our unit over looked the pool, where a party took place on a Wednesday night until 2 AM Thursday morning. After that the staff began enforcing the 11PM closing time. We moved to an A unit in Building 4 for our 4th night. The front office told us that we would be given time to move from one unit to the other. Housekeeping does not touch your unit while you occupy it but they cannot wait to clean out your unit as soon as the regular check out time (10AM) comes to pass.. And they clean out in more ways than one. In between loads, some of our belongings turned up missing. Upon questioning the housekeeping staff, one of the employees presented our missing items from her lunch bag (along with a few other items that seemed out of place in a lunch). This unit had a jacuzzi that released black flecks into the water. All of the floors were scary slippery when even the slightest bit wet. The bed was a King as opposed to the Queen in the B unit. The property maps were confusing and we were given unclear directions by the staff. It took 2 hours to get coffee filters that should have been stocked in the unit.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family