“A lot of bang for the buck”
Review of Runaway Beach Club

Runaway Beach Club
Peachtree City, Georgia
“A lot of bang for the buck”
Reviewed 13 May 2013

We normally stay on Disneyworld property when we go to Orlando, but needing a three bedroom accomodation we decided our dollars would be better spent nearby. We were right.

If you are looking for fancy furniture or a lot of personal attention, Runaway Beach Club is not for you, but if you want a lot of room in a clean, comfortable, convenient location, you can look for your best price here.

For maybe twenty dollars more than we would have paid for a standard room at one of the value resorts at WDW, we got a large 3 bedroom condo maybe ten minutes away. The master had a king bed with plenty of room to move around, a flat screen tv with cable, and a private bathroom with a ginormous walk in closet. The other two bedrooms were also decent sized, one pleasant surprise is one of the beds in each of the other bedrooms was a double bed, so you could actually comfortable put 3 kids in each room.

We didnt use the kitchen but it had everything someone would need that was staying a while. There is a washer/dryer in the hallway. They provided plenty of acceptable towels. There is a huge walmart just a couple of blocks away if you need to stock supplies.

The living room was very good size and the furniture comfortable enough our teen fell asleep on the couch while waiting for pizza to be delivered.

The staff was very pleasant and accomodating with what little interaction we had with them.

The only negative I would mention is the place isn't, and doesn't pretend to be, the Ritz. The carpet was a little worn and had some small spots, the furniture wasnt fresh off the showroom floor, and a little paint touch up would have been useful. But it was all very clean and comfortable and the conditions overall were very satisfactory.

We would be very happy to stay here again.

3 Thank David A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
sebring
Reviewed 13 May 2013

This was the 15th time I have stayed at this hotel. I have always had a great experience. Rooms are big and clean. So close to everything. Staff is very nice. This time we had the 2 bedroom loft, had three beds that pulled out and made beds, not that we needed it, but nice to have just in case.

1 Thank eFoodie1492
rochester
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Art & Tracy were the best staff ever!! We stayed this weekend 5/10/13 in a two bedroom for a Girl Scout trip. The place was clean, spacious and like a nice condo. Runaway is great for families or multipule families, because it had a full kitchen, eating space, livingroom, wash & dryer, two bathrooms plus two pull out couches. Art helped us with our reservation and was so personable and helpful. I worked in hotel mgt & he is a gem! We loved Runaway so much we decided to stay next weekend with Two other families. I wanted to see the 3 bedroom to make sure we had enough room and Tracy showed us around, going above and beyond to show us a few different units. She was truly the friendliest person in housekeeping that I have ever met. If she isn't head of housekeeping & a manager she should be!!! This place is a great buy and the staff is truly wonderful. Thanks again to Art & Tracy!!! Carmen with Girl Scouts

1 Thank mnkk
Bradenton, Florida
Reviewed 7 May 2013

We only were going to WDW for one day with four friends and found this gem @ $60 / couple. Just a few moments from Disney. The kitchen was fully equipped, if needed. The rooms were very clean. We requested and were provided with early check- in. We did not use the pools nor any of the other amenities, as we spent the entire day out at Disney and at a restaurant at night, Texas Brazilian Steakhouse (see another review).

Room Tip: We were on a 2nd floor villa; but probably would have preferred one on the first level.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DavidKasse
art m, Front Office Manager at Runaway Beach Club, responded to this review, 8 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to put such a great review on Trip Advisor ! I remember you well on Sunday, and I am so pleased I was able to accomadate your early check in request. I hope I get the chance to welcome you back to Runaway Beach Club real soon. I will have to read your other review with regards to the steak house too. We have many guest requesting information on difterent eaterys in the area, and appreciate you taking the time to note that as well. Again, thank you for such an amazing review !
Reviewed 2 May 2013 via mobile

The place was very clean, close to so much. Pool was nice. Would go again. Got a good rate from Groupon. My only downside was no food on the premises. Also the kid pool was closed. But like I said would go again.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank BarbaraRL
art m, Front Office Manager at Runaway Beach Club, responded to this review, 3 May 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. Firstly, I would like to apoligize for the constuction of our kiddie pool and like you as well, we will be pleased when all is finished with the retaining wall. We are please to say that our Tiki bar will be up and running this weekend with a light menu of tastey pool side treats.We have received other comments from guest about the kiddie pool and tiki bar, and I apolize to everyone about this inconvience. I invite you back again, to truley experience everything we have to offer here at Runaway Beach Club.
Innisfil, Ontario
Reviewed 20 April 2013

We just finished an 8-day stay at the Runaway Beach Club and enjoyed it very much.

The 1-bedroom unit was huge and included a sunroom type of space where the kids slept with a big loft bed. All of the rooms were large, nicely-lit, and very clean. We were quickly able to get extra towels and bed linens. The kitchen was very complete and had complimentary coffee & dishwasher detergent until we had a chance to stock up on food and supplies at the nearby Walmart and Publix. And yes, we did have to buy dishtowels as well as toilet paper and paper towels.

The 2 pools were perfect for my 6 & 8 year olds and usually had other kids their age to play with. I never saw anyone in the tiki bar, which was find by me. I would consider this a family location rather than a young couples resort.

My only critisizms are for the flimsy loft, it was very shaky, and the endless music coming from I-have-no idea what unit or part of the hotel until well after 11 every night. Luckily we were tired enough each night to doze off despite the reggae beat echoing off the windows.

All in all it made our vacation a very relaxing, enjoyable experience. All of the big parks were an easy 15-20 minute drive away, and the intersecting avenues were loaded with restaurants, shopping & souvenir stores to help keep our spending on budget versus the price of "on site" hotels. The park shuttle looked good but we appreciated having a rental car of our own for more flexibility and being able to buy supplies and meals.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank MegAgain
art m, Front Office Manager at Runaway Beach Club, responded to this review, 24 April 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your vacation experience with Tip Advisor. We do pride ourselves with being a family resort and I am please you enjoyed your stay. I do apoligize on behalf of the music playing after 11pm and will check into the reason for this happening, not sure if the timers that night were off or not set to an appropriate time. The Tiki bar has been having some strange hours with the remodeling of the retaining wall, and if this caused any problems with your stay, I would like to offer my apoligies. Over all, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and look forward to you making us at Runaway Beach Resort a part of your next vacation to Orlando.
Atlanta
Reviewed 14 April 2013

This place is a rip off. First thing they said a one bedroom sleeps six, they had one face cloth and three towels. We tried getting more but kept getting the run around so we just bought our own from Walmart. Second I have never stayed in a condo that doesn't have dish towels or dish detergent for you, oh almost forgot the sleeper sofas (they have two in the one bedroom) one of ours was broken and the mattress is as thin as a slice of bread so you are probably better off sleeping on the nasty carpet...the girl at the front desk didn't know where anything was around the area. The best part of the stay was leaving. Oh yea did I mention the gnats and spiders...

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank cookeme45
art m, Front Office Manager at Runaway Beach Club, responded to this review, 18 April 2013
Its apparent we let you down with your stay with us. We strive to make each of our guest feel right at home. I will be meeting with my housekeeping department as to find out about the towel situation you experienced on your trip. Its true we do not supply kitchen towels in our units and I do apoligize if this created a problem for you. Also, I will be talking with my front desk staff about not being able to help you with your requests. I hope you will give us another opportunity to change your mind on another vacation to the Kissimmee/ Orlando area.

Travellers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels