Sunset Palms Hotel Inn & Suites
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Galleria Palms Hotel(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$109
Destiny Palms Hotel Maingate West(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
US$81
US$78
Liki Tiki Village(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$112
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Comfort Suites Maingate East(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
US$142
US$125
Comfort Inn Maingate(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$86
ComfortInn
Quality Suites The Royale Parc Suites(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
US$164
US$287
US$264
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Star Island Resort and Club(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
US$105
Flamingo Waterpark Resort(Kissimmee)
US$60
US$54
Hotels.com
All reviewsthin wallsthe holiday inn expresslake buena vistayogurtsea worldbreakfast includedother hotelsfront desk staffbasic hotelhot breakfastthe breakfast areastayed one nightan upgradedisney parkshot tubbeds were comfortablewalmart
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stay ed at this property Feb 22 til Mar 09, 2014. As in any extended stay, there is always a concern about the lodgings. We had stay at this property in 2009, and were familiar with the hotel. We found the staff to be very pleasant and accommodating. Their hot breakfast was actually hot and tasty. While the corridors were not air conditioned, the rooms were comfortable, the A/C in the room worked perfectly, the shower worked fine and best recommendation I can make, is that there were no issues during our stay. For a moderately priced hotel, I would stay there again in a minute, and plan to in 2016.

Room Tip: Try to stay in a room not facing the pool, as sound carries around the pool area.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Derek M
Reviewed 28 May 2014

First the good ... Driving to the hotel, I realized that somehow I had only booked two nights and we needed three. We called to the hotel and were told there were not any two bed rooms available for the Saturday night. Long story short, Tony got on the line and solved the problem by upgrading us to a family suite that was available at an even lower cost per night. When we arived, the front desk staff was super friendly and helpful. The pool was clean and worked well for young kids.
Now the not so good ... this is a family hotel that probably is booked year round. We didn't have any problems with broken fixtures, etc, but everything was well worn and overall the hotel could use some TLC. The breakfast seating area was much to small for the size of hotel. We ended up taking the food back to our room all three mornings. The food was typical HIE fare, but it's FREE so you really can't complain.
Overall ... Exceptional service, super friendly staff, and a really good deal for visiting the WDW parks.

Room Tip: Our 3 and 4 year old grand-daughters loved having their own room in the family suite!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank tklasinski
HIELBV, Manager at Sunset Palms Hotel Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Guests,
Thank you for your review. I am happy things worked out for you on the room situation and that you enjoyed the hotel and its location. I have noted the lower marks you gave us and will look closely at what updates need to be done to make your stay more comfortable.

Thank you again!

Heta
Manager

Reviewed 27 May 2014

This hotel is in the perfect location and looks like it is pretty new, but everything else about the hotel is not good. The beds are very uncomfortable. The showers are very bad. The corridors are not air conditioned and this makes you feel very uncomfortable. The room I had did not even have any bath towels and when I wanted to call housekeeping the phone in the room did not work. The hotel caters to tour groups so they think they do not have to provide excellent service. Stay away from this place.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
HIELBV, Director of Sales at Sunset Palms Hotel Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear rpgamble7; Thank you for your comments, I have reviewed your comments and shared them with the entire management staff and appropriate action has been taken to ensure a situation of this nature will not be repeated in the future. Thank you again for your comments, we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in an effort to provide you the level of service you expect from Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lake Buena Vista East.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Typical IHG Platinum upgrade procedure. If the front desk person does not like your face, you are denied an upgrade immediately. "We are sold out". I got to the room which turned out to be handicapped. Front desk insisited it was not. Finally when I told them that room with bars in the shower, low furniture, a handicap door bell and the sign "handicapped room" is in fact a handicapped room, the front desk informed me that they are moving me to a different room.
So the new room was a one bedroom suite....Guess they werent really sold out.
It was an allright place to sleep. beds are definitely older and breakfast was not anything special like in most HI Expresses. The price was an excellent deal and I needed to complete last step of Big Win with any HI Express, so that was the only reason I didnt pick a better hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
HIELBV, Director of Sales at Sunset Palms Hotel Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Thank you for your comments. Because our success is measured by how our guests evaluate our services and facilities, I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive are taken seriously. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated. I have reviewed your comments and shared them with the entire management staff and appropriate action has been taken to ensure a situation of this nature will not be repeated in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back in an effort to provide you the level of service you expect from Holiday Inn Express & Suites.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

I booked the hotel based on price and proximity to WDW parks. We stayed 3 nights, and based on other HI Express hotels, this was average.

Re: proximity - don't get fooled by Google Maps. It might look close to the parks, but weekend traffic doubles the time - drive time was about 30 minutes, so be prepared. It is not on the Disney property so is not subject to any of the "resort fees" I read about. The hotel is isolated re: surrounding hotels, so this can be a good thing if you don't like all of the surrounding hotel traffic. There is a Hess gas station close by, as well as some Middle Eastern restaurants.

The price was pretty good, but you get what you pay for. The front desk guy was fine - a little too "happy" for our taste (a bit overdone on the Disney influence), but check-in was very easy.The bathroom faucet was not working very well - cold water trickled out while hot water gushed out - and I reported it to the front desk. They somewhat fixed it when we were gone - it was better, but not what I had hoped for. The room itself was fine - you're in Orlando and planning on spending 2 days at Disney Hollywood Studios and WDW - who cares about spending tons of time in your room? It was a bit small with the 2 beds. (I had also reserved a room w/2 queen beds but was assigned 2 dbl beds-oh well.) I tried to adjust the television clock to get it correctly set, but the Settings would not allow me to do this. We wanted to use the alarm clock feature the morning we left (very early flight), but the tv clock was off by 2 hours. We prefer that to wake-up call, but we had to use that. The bathroom was okay and the shower head had a lot of calcium build-up. Other than that, the bathroom was fine.

Breakfast was the usual, although they now have an instant pancake maker - hadn't seen one of those. They were okay - a bit of a 'shell' protecting the inside.

Overall, not a bad stay, but I think we'll look elsewhere for our next Disney trip.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
HIELBV, Director of Sales at Sunset Palms Hotel Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Thank you for your comments. We will share with the department heads your comments and we will make sure we address them. Our hotel has several room types and only queen beds no doubles. We hope that you will revisit us and stay in one of our larger rooms that have more space. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us.